PDA

View Full Version : one more thing to need repair..

peiserg
August 10th, 2009, 21:49
Anytime i start up the car and put it into "reverse" i hear a 3 second high pitched beep. I'm guessing it means my rear radar is not working.

Fuel Sender
AC switch
Tranny Pan leak
Torque converter
DRC
Brake sensor
HVAC Flapper valve
ECU wiring harness
And......rear radar.

hahnmgh63
August 11th, 2009, 05:22
Sorry but your car must have been made on a Monday (hungover workers) or a Friday (eager for the weekend). I've put 30K on my car (56K) total and no problems.

mmaturo
August 11th, 2009, 05:36
Sorry but your car must have been made on a Monday (hungover workers) or a Friday (eager for the weekend). I've put 30K on my car (56K) total and no problems.

Mine must have been built in the middle of Oktoberfest then (still really drunk) ....my list has all the same (except the wiring) and way more items, and more of each.

hahnmgh63
August 11th, 2009, 05:41
I have to admit it makes me nervous to hear these stories and I'm just wondering if I'm lucky or are my days numbered?

snoopra
August 11th, 2009, 06:30
I have to admit it makes me nervous to hear these stories and I'm just wondering if I'm lucky or are my days numbered?
It MUST be because your 6 is white:) (my favorite color for trucks)

Yellow RS6
August 11th, 2009, 14:31
Did it not make a beep before? Mine has always done this (maybe not for 3 seconds), I put it in reverse, it beeps, then says "OK" in the dash.

hahnmgh63
August 11th, 2009, 15:51
Mine just beeps for about 1 second when you put it in reverse then of course does the increased tempo beeps as your backing to an object, when it goes solid I am usually about 2ft. from the object.

got boost
April 19th, 2010, 21:09
Hey guys, this one just started happening to me. What exaclty needs to be replaced? It isnt throwing a code but it is goddamn annoying everytime you engage reverse.

Is it just one sensor, easy to replace?

thoughts? experiences? should I trade it in?

peiserg
April 19th, 2010, 22:49
Hey guys, this one just started happening to me. What exaclty needs to be replaced? It isnt throwing a code but it is goddamn annoying everytime you engage reverse.

Is it just one sensor, easy to replace?

thoughts? experiences? should I trade it in?

lol trade it in? who you kidding? Like the crack addicts says "maybe i should just quit..."

It was a rear sensor.

If you want full details i can pull up the W/O from audi north scottsdale and see what labor/parts were.

G to the P.

ps, and to add to my original list...

leaking oil from engine seal on passenger side,

another fuel sender,

bushing on passenger side suspension,

CV boots.. both inner and driver's outer,

etc.

4everRS
April 19th, 2010, 23:40
Happened to me recently. Could be a couple a different things. Mine had a constant beep. Should only be a short 1 second or less beep.

First, turn the key to the "on" position without starting the car. Pull the ebrake. Put it in reverse. After opening the rear passenger door, get out and push/wiggle the the sensors from the outside. If your playing with one of the sensors, and the beeping goes away, you know which sensor is causing trouble. Mine was the outer drivers side. Get under there and loosen the weatherpack connector and try to clean it with some electrical contact cleaner. Plug it back in and your done, .... maybe.

peiserg, if the beep goes away after 3 seconds and doesn't come back as you stated above, the above method won't help you much. Just get under the car and try to wiggle the connections and see if it is gone.

There also could be a short to the speaker that makes the beep. The speaker is located under the rear decklid. I've heard it's a PIA to get it removed - but I've never had to do it.

DHall1
April 20th, 2010, 01:20
Wait a minute. You lost me when the cow jumps over the moon step. If the cow lands short? Which sensor is it again?

hehe

Happened to me recently. Could be a couple a different things. Mine had a constant beep. Should only be a short 1 second or less beep.

First, turn the key to the "on" position without starting the car. Pull the ebrake. Put it in reverse. After opening the rear passenger door, get out and push/wiggle the the sensors from the outside. If your playing with one of the sensors, and the beeping goes away, you know which sensor is causing trouble. Mine was the outer drivers side. Get under there and loosen the weatherpack connector and try to clean it with some electrical contact cleaner. Plug it back in and your done, .... maybe.

peiserg, if the beep goes away after 3 seconds and doesn't come back as you stated above, the above method won't help you much. Just get under the car and try to wiggle the connections and see if it is gone.

There also could be a short to the speaker that makes the beep. The speaker is located under the rear decklid. I've heard it's a PIA to get it removed - but I've never had to do it.

V8weight
April 20th, 2010, 01:25
Wait a minute. You lost me when the cow jumps over the moon step. If the cow lands short? Which sensor is it again?

hehe
I believe he's talking about cleaning the connection for the harness that feeds all 4 sensors. The actual sensor connections aren't accessible without removing the bumper.

4everRS
April 20th, 2010, 02:11
I feel good and bad at the same time.

It IS possible to get a hand on the connentors for each sensor. It is a pain and you can't really see much but it can be done. The corners are the worst. Wear a thin pair of gloves to prevent scarring of the hands.

I believe he's talking about cleaning the connection for the harness that feeds all 4 sensors. The actual sensor connections aren't accessible without removing the bumper.

4everRS
April 20th, 2010, 02:21
I bet Pat is under his car right now. hehehe

V8weight
April 20th, 2010, 02:37
Arrrgh, beaten at my own game....I feel like the wicked witch and I've just had a bucket of water tossed on me. ;)

4everRS
April 20th, 2010, 02:45
I'm already drinking a makers mark in celebration. This will likely only happen once.

GEN XER
April 20th, 2010, 03:17
Arrrgh, beaten at my own game....I feel like the wicked witch and I've just had a bucket of water tossed on me. ;)
LOL!! V8 your car looks very shinny in your Avatar, what are you using on it?

V8weight
April 20th, 2010, 03:32
LOL!! V8 your car looks very shinny in your Avatar, what are you using on it?
Ha ha, why Acrylic Werks of course. I've actually been meaning to get a hold of you about that. You have PM.

JRS-RS6
April 20th, 2010, 04:40
I bet Pat is under his car right now. hehehe

I actually printed the produre for removing the sensors before I left home -- it is most likely still sitting on my printer unless my wife moved it. I can send when I return if anyone needs it.

VAG-COM will tell you which sensor is bad if you run a scan on the Parking Assist Control Module.

DHall1
April 20th, 2010, 04:47
I was giving him a hard time because of the process.

Check this then 3 beeps then check that then 2 beeps then ...

Sounds like the duck foot rat tech.

hehe

4everRS
April 20th, 2010, 12:14
I was thinking about throwing in "then press up, down, up, down, a, a, b, a, b, left, right, b - to unlock the special levels"

I was giving him a hard time because of the process.

Check this then 3 beeps then check that then 2 beeps then ...

Sounds like the duck foot rat tech.

hehe

JRS-RS6
April 20th, 2010, 12:18
I was thinking about throwing in "then press up, down, up, down, a, a, b, a, b, left, right, b - to unlock the special levels"

Man your up early -- oh that's right it is an hour later there. When you come down we can scan your car and see which sensor is acting up.

4everRS
April 20th, 2010, 12:27
Perfect. Not sure it will show anything, as I have seemed to fix the issue, but I wouldn't doubt now that I type this, that the car will spite me and start doing it again : )

Man your up early -- oh that's right it is an hour later there. When you come down we can scan your car and see which sensor is acting up.

JRS-RS6
April 20th, 2010, 12:32
Perfect. Not sure it will show anything, as I have seemed to fix the issue, but I wouldn't doubt now that I type this, that the car will spite me and start doing it again : )

We can run a full scan the code is probably stored. Don't disconnect the battery or it will most likely be lost. Besides it is useful as a baseline -- I got a dead battery on the On-Star, all of our cars I have seen have a couple codes for the radio and my right rear sensor is the culprit on this. I have been living with it but it is annoying and probably simple to fix. It looks tight up there, real tight but after looking at the procedure I think it should be a "snap" the clips for these sound kind of unique and it says two people are needed to remove the sensor. Probably just dirty contacts.

Yellow RS6
April 20th, 2010, 14:08
Anytime i start up the car and put it into "reverse" i hear a 3 second high pitched beep. I'm guessing it means my rear radar is not working.

Fuel Sender
AC switch
Tranny Pan leak
Torque converter
DRC
Brake sensor
HVAC Flapper valve
ECU wiring harness
And......rear radar.

lol trade it in? who you kidding? Like the crack addicts says "maybe i should just quit..."

It was a rear sensor.

If you want full details i can pull up the W/O from audi north scottsdale and see what labor/parts were.

G to the P.

ps, and to add to my original list...

leaking oil from engine seal on passenger side,

another fuel sender,

bushing on passenger side suspension,

CV boots.. both inner and driver's outer,

etc.

I'm just amazed that you've had all these issues and not only do you keep your car, but are still a flag-waver for the RS6. Rock on, man!

got boost
April 21st, 2010, 11:15
Thanks for the feedback guys.

JRS-RS6, If you dont mind I'd like the sensor removal info when you get a chance. I may just clean them first?

FWIW, I just noticed the drivers inner CV slingin poo. Ive got to stop looking under that car!

JRS-RS6
April 21st, 2010, 13:36
Thanks for the feedback guys.

JRS-RS6, If you dont mind I'd like the sensor removal info when you get a chance. I may just clean them first?

FWIW, I just noticed the drivers inner CV slingin poo. Ive got to stop looking under that car!

PM Sent.

JRS-RS6
May 8th, 2010, 17:19
The sensor shows PN 7H0 919 275 E. Moved the sensor and the problem moved. Trying to get more info on ordering at genuinevwaudiparts dot com local dealer wants $132.00.

Gustaf
May 10th, 2010, 14:16
On a similar note, what if you don't get a beep at all when you put it in reverse?

JRS-RS6
May 10th, 2010, 17:23
The sensor shows PN 7H0 919 275 E. Moved the sensor and the problem moved. Trying to get more info on ordering at genuinevwaudiparts dot com local dealer wants $132.00.

Searching this part I got a different PN (4B0 919 275 G) from here: http://cgi.ebay.de/Audi-A6-RS6-PDC-Sensor-4B0-919-275-G-/350333724927?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Autoteile_Zubeh%C3%B6r&hash=item51918468ff and the pictures look right.

I hope so because I ordered this PN from genuinevwaudiparts dot com for $62.65

got boost
May 14th, 2010, 13:53
Ok, I have the bumper off now. (relatively easy to do).

JRS, that is the part number 4B0 919 275 G.

Does anybody know if there is a way to test resistance for the problem? any values to look for?

Thanks

JRS-RS6
May 14th, 2010, 16:22
I ordered mine from genuine here in the states and they said the updated PN is 7H0 919 275 E GRU (primed for painting). The old PN should work and I saw some on ebay.de that were very reasonably priced but it was easier to order state side and new for me.

To troubleshoot I used VAG-COM so I do not have any info on resistance measurements. Here is the log before moving the sensor from the right side to the left:

Address 76: Park Assist Labels: 8Z0-919-283.lbl
Control Module Part Number: 8Z0 919 283
Component and/or Version: Parkingsyst. A6 RDW D08
Software Coding: 01116
Work Shop Code: WSC 00000
1 Fault Found:
01548 - Sensor for Parking Aid; Rear Right (G206)
37-00 - Faulty

Next I turned off the ignition key and moved the sensor and reopened 76 Park Assist and cleared the fault code at which point it generated a new code for the Rear Left.

I also have some ebahn stuff that is useful if you PM me with an outside email I can send attachments to.

got boost
May 14th, 2010, 18:38
Thanks JRS, I got it to throw a code. I moved the sensor too to confirm.

Now just the waiting time for the part to come in, and I get to pull the bumper off again!!!!

JRS-RS6
May 22nd, 2010, 14:59
New Sensor painted and installed without having to pull bumper again. Left it in the middle left last time where it was easier to access.

Noticed that Software Coding: 01116 was not really correct according to the label file it should be 01126 the difference is that the 1 according to the file is Avant (Wagon) Rest of World and 2 is Limousine (Sedan) North America. I changed it to 01126 and it seems to work the same either way. No more 5 second scream when backing up.