PDA

View Full Version : DRC repair no cost?

Ray Susnik
August 10th, 2009, 17:36
I took my RS 6 to the dealer for for the DRC repair. They informed me that it would cost me ~$1000 to replace the lines connecting the shocks. They feel that the lines will be damaged during the repair and that they are not covered in the recall. Has anyone else had this problem?

SAF
August 10th, 2009, 17:58
That is total BS. If they damage the "lines", they are the ones paying for it.

AudiRS4ever
August 10th, 2009, 18:15
Just had mine done last week. Same lines still on the car. Everything works perfectly.

Hy Octane
August 10th, 2009, 19:48
Have you veer had the DRC repaired ? If so, how many times?
If there is anyhting wrong woith the lines, it must have happened during a previous bad DRC repair attempt.. Not your fault..

RS6-4dr911
August 10th, 2009, 22:08
Mine was delayed because of a broken line, had to order a part. They didn't say which one or who did it but certainly no mention of my having to pony up any cash. Tell 'em to pound sand.

hahnmgh63
August 11th, 2009, 05:20
Ray, I would walk away from that dealer if you can or call Audi of North America and report them, that is bullshit.

freebase
August 12th, 2009, 05:35
On that same note, I lost one of the banjo bolts for the rear shock when I swapped back to the original suspension.

Does anyone know what size the banjo bolt is that connects the line to the rear shock? (?10M x 1.00?)

The dealer wants to charge me $275.00 for a new line that comes with the banjo bolt. I looked it up and Audi does not have a part number for just the bolt but I'm sure that I could probably buy it at the auto store.

audios
August 20th, 2009, 05:45
Mine was delayed because of a broken line, had to order a part. They didn't say which one or who did it but certainly no mention of my having to pony up any cash. Tell 'em to pound sand.
ditto here

mmaturo
August 20th, 2009, 16:41
I took my RS 6 to the dealer for for the DRC repair. They informed me that it would cost me ~$1000 to replace the lines connecting the shocks. They feel that the lines will be damaged during the repair and that they are not covered in the recall. Has anyone else had this problem?

Complete BS as others said. Mine just done, picked it up Tuesday, four shocks no issues. Same on the previous DRC repairs (2 sets).