PDA

View Full Version : New Audi RS4 at Nürburgring?

quattro
August 21st, 2003, 14:00
Perhaps the new Rs4. We hope so........

Rs4 Movie:

http://movies.autoexpress.co.uk/audi_supersaloons.mov

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/picture_library/dir_22/car_portal_pic_11236.jpg

Here is some breaking news. Our exclusive footage proves that all three German premium makes, Mercedes, BMW and Audi, are currently preparing exciting hot saloons in the mid-class. What's more, they are all testing them at the very challenging north-loop of the German Nürburgring racing circuit - and at the same time!

Though Audi does already have the S4, the most powerful A4 variants will be the RS4 variants the German manufacturer is currently testing at the German Nürburgring race circuit. The car will be equipped with the bigger RS6's 450-HP 4.2-litre V8 biturbo which can be expected to catapult the car to 100 km/h in less than 4.5 seconds! Mind you: a Ferrari 360 Modena needs about the same time...

Snow
August 21st, 2003, 17:06
Very interesting! Thanks for the info!

But...how are they going to (or did) squeeze in the RS 6's V8? Isn't it bigger then the current S4's V8? But if they say so, it's probably true. (When looking at it several times, doesn't the front look a bit longer then usual, or am I only fooling myself?) This will be one nasty competitor for the M3 (and a lot of other premium-class sportscars). And I also noticed that if his is the real thing, then there will probably be a Saloon RS 4 too!
:MTM: :rs4addict

steve
August 21st, 2003, 18:45
Would be pretty strange after all the rumours about the 3.0 BIturbo stories....

But If so ... Let it come !!!:rs4addict

I only hope it wont come in sedan... Has to be like the previous RS4

Erik
August 21st, 2003, 18:49
Both sedan and avant.

But they would only sell the sedan in the USA. LOL! :hihi:

Klint
August 21st, 2003, 19:34
Excellent, this is great news!

And what's wrong with a sedan? I prefer the classy sedan look over the ''wife's" workhorse. ;) I would take it in Sedan form, thank you.

:cheers:

mjrr
August 21st, 2003, 21:47
Very interesting!!! Thanks for the Story. Could you give me a link to the site, please....

thx mjrr

Erik
August 21st, 2003, 22:04
www.autoexpress.co.uk beware, requires login after some time.

Xiancorp
August 27th, 2003, 17:51
Hey NICE car !!! :rs4addict

Btw. is that an IC I see on the left side intake ?? :D :rolleyes: :D

gabeyung
August 27th, 2003, 18:05
Originally posted by Xiancorp

thats a boxster i guess

krm
August 28th, 2003, 06:47
Originally posted by Xiancorp

Does look like there is an intercooler on the left intake, surely think there is one on the other side as well as we all know the next RS4 is going to be a biturbo either be it a V6 (very likely) or V8 (less likely me thinks) :rs4addict

gmbh6
August 28th, 2003, 07:47
Originally posted by Klint
Excellent, this is great news!

And what's wrong with a sedan? I prefer the classy sedan look over the ''wife's" workhorse. ;) I would take it in Sedan form, thank you.

:cheers:

I agree.....I mean the avant looks good but to me the sedan just looks so much meaner.....but that's just my opinion.

also, is it just me or does that track look very bumpy in places? :addict:

gabeyung
August 28th, 2003, 09:05
Originally posted by gabeyung
thats a boxster i guess

lol, Sorry my bad, i thought u were asking the car beside the RS4

mjrr
August 28th, 2003, 16:45
The movie from the testdrive is made by autoexpress, right ?? So, if they saw the RS4 they will have heard it too. In the text they had written that it will have the 4,2 litre V8 from the RS6. I think the people from this magazin will be expert enough to differentiate the sound of a V8 from a V6.

greets mjrr

Erik
August 28th, 2003, 16:51
Originally posted by mjrr
I think the people from this magazin will be expert enough to differentiate the sound of a V8 from a V6.

My point as well, but never wrote it.

There's no sound in the movie, but just as you say they have more knowledge than us.

The V8 is soooo nice in the S4, and I think customers won't accept changing the cylinders vs. turbos.

There is very little space in the S4 left, but I've seen miracles before. :rs4addict

Benman
August 28th, 2003, 19:46
Originally posted by thcakid
also, is it just me or does that track look very bumpy in places? :addict:

The track IS VERY bumpy in some places. Smooth as silk in others. That's part of the appeal for car manufactures to test suspension setup there!:cheers:

Ben:addict:

V8BITURBO
September 12th, 2003, 18:02
were kan I fing the codec for this mouvie ???

Have downloaded it but cant play it !!!

Mvh

Stian

Erik
September 25th, 2003, 22:49
Hrm...

I think I can confirm somehow that this IS the next RS4.

-GANT-
September 30th, 2003, 14:51
I don´t see many changes..
A different front, but are there any more changes?
Have anyone heard about a realese date for the RS4?

I hope they will make a few more updates :)

CarbonFibre
December 16th, 2003, 07:14
Some say that these photos are old and are just from when they were testing the ultra sport package for the A4, but others say that it was disguised as what I just mentioned.

That thing in the corner could be a radiator or oil cooler as well.