PDA

View Full Version : To DRC or not to DRC

gooseleg
August 3rd, 2009, 17:23
I just received a letter from Audi regarding the DRC replacement and stock availability, I have the KW’s installed should I take up the offer and replace them or stay with the KW’s?

HeadShot
August 3rd, 2009, 17:50
Stay with the KWs!!! The Britts think this suspension fix is the same one that was developed over there last year?? and there have still been issues i believe.

KW's are tunable, excellent quality and if you tell Audi you already have them in and can produce a receipt for the work done they will cut you a check for parts. (mine was around $2800. )
Take the money and run - KWs Rock!!!!!:revs:

gooseleg
August 3rd, 2009, 18:12
Thanks HeadShot, KW's it is

youry
August 3rd, 2009, 21:13
we just installed A KW V3 on one of my customers and he is more than happy. his DRC was dead like many of you guys had... it cost him less than to repalce OEM parts (car is outside of waranty and belgian dealers tel lyou this is normal of course...

Hy Octane
August 3rd, 2009, 21:56
My SA just called to say they have the new DRC parts in now.. To be clear, these are redesigned shocks and not the same ones that have been failing.
Also, there is a special tool service now has to ensure they are installed and pressurized properly.`As with all parts, there is a 12 month warranty on all work done.

DALLAS_RS6
August 3rd, 2009, 23:43
I got my "new" DRC 2 months ago. My front shocks are already leaking. I am going to call AOA to see if they will reimburse for an aftermarket set up even though I just got my new DRC.

V8weight
August 4th, 2009, 00:29
I'm running the KW V3's and H-Sport sways as well, and although they're a tad stiff, at least they're consistent. I know what to expect when I get in the car in the morning unlike with the DRC. I received my letter as well, but honestly, I can't imagine going back to my stock ride height either.

melsas
August 4th, 2009, 00:42
I got the letter today also. So the central valve is not replaced? The 'new' tool can pressurize the system such that the central valve does not need to be replaced?
I thought some of the early DRC replacments included replacing the central valve.

V8weight
August 4th, 2009, 01:02
I got the letter today also. So the central valve is not replaced? The 'new' tool can pressurize the system such that the central valve does not need to be replaced?
I thought some of the early DRC replacments included replacing the central valve.
Correct, some of the early replacements included central valves if the particular dealership didn't have the new tool yet. There's no going back for me anyway as the shop that installed my Kw's stole my central valves and the corresponding tubing:doh:

hahnmgh63
August 4th, 2009, 01:12
I was turned down by Audi for my KW shocks. I gave them the copy of the receipt but they wanted to see something from the dealer saying that my DRC was bad. The car was off warranty so I didn't take it to the dealer to pay them to tell me it was bad. I have a fully outfitted shop with a lift at my house so I did the work myself but that wasn't good enough for them. I'm going to have Audi do my DRC anyways as I'm so pissed at them just for spite. I didn't even ask for labor (my labor) just for the parts which I provided them the receipt. I have been an Audi owner for 20 years and currently have two and my daughter has one also and shopping for a new A4 and I was looking to replace my tt. Now I will look elseware, probably BMW but who knows. Audi has lost my business.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

RS6-4dr911
August 4th, 2009, 03:51
Must be letter day - got mine today too. Goes in tomorrow for replacement of shocks and I'm told new central valves as well (we'll see). No they're not blazing fast - I had the dealer inspect it and order the parts over two weeks ago.

Good luck to you Dallas trying to double dip and get a new DRC and reimbursement for KW's. Please keep us posted, if in fact lots of failures occur even with the new parts, there may others wanting to follow in your footsteps.

Beastly
August 4th, 2009, 05:27
looks like the DRC shipments have arrived - I am in for the new set on Friday.

JAXRS6
August 4th, 2009, 08:11
I still miss my blue beast sometimes but this thread makes me miss it less.

HeadShot
August 4th, 2009, 17:19
I was turned down by Audi for my KW shocks. I gave them the copy of the receipt but they wanted to see something from the dealer saying that my DRC was bad. The car was off warranty so I didn't take it to the dealer to pay them to tell me it was bad. I have a fully outfitted shop with a lift at my house so I did the work myself but that wasn't good enough for them. I'm going to have Audi do my DRC anyways as I'm so pissed at them just for spite. I didn't even ask for labor (my labor) just for the parts which I provided them the receipt. I have been an Audi owner for 20 years and currently have two and my daughter has one also and shopping for a new A4 and I was looking to replace my tt. Now I will look elseware, probably BMW but who knows. Audi has lost my business.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

When i submitted mine - Audi had not seen the leaking one. I stated that the car was displaying (the symptoms - as listed on the boards) and during a tire rotation it was noted by my suspension place that one of the shocks was leaking badly. I had decided to fit the KWs as the ride had become so bad and during change out one side of the tubing removed (from a shock - was DRY!!! ) So the Factory suspension was obvisouly gone.
That was all they needed - receipts for the parts and they called my suspension guy to confirm i had been there - $$$$$$ Done.

Hope this helps.

I would re-submit to Audi :deal:

hahnmgh63
August 5th, 2009, 01:53
I've re-submitted once already, they asked for most of the same information that I had already given them. Now they want proof from a dealer that they were leaking. I'm not too happy with them at the moment.