PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: RS6 in Mass.

rs6buyer
August 1st, 2009, 23:02
hello, i'm in the market for a RS6. looking for a vehicle in the mass. area. preferably black color or grey, nothing high mileage. thanks.

rs6buyer
August 6th, 2009, 03:32
hello members, i'm looking at a rs6 with approx. 49k miles. asking price is 32k. carfax shows only maintenance done was at 5k miles. if this is accurate, what kind of $$$ am i looking at to bring this vehicle up to date maintenance wise. thanks.

V8weight
August 6th, 2009, 04:46
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/HolyGrail072.jpg
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_sounds/hg/runaway.wav :harass:

DHall1
August 6th, 2009, 05:54
Ok,

A free chicken dinner for Pat.

:incar:

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/HolyGrail072.jpg
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_sounds/hg/runaway.wav :harass:

DuckWingDuck
August 6th, 2009, 13:45
laf. the car had free maintenance from audi, what with it being an '03, so the fact that the only service that shows up on carfax is the 5k service seems a bit sketchy. Maybe have an audi dealership see if they can pull up the car's service records. As for the price, it's high.

chairman2300
August 6th, 2009, 16:04
Im not in Mass but I might sell my RS6. Almost the same as the one you mentioned, except I have taken care of mine. Let me know if your interested

rs6buyer
August 6th, 2009, 21:45
going by kelley the price seems to be right on. if its to high then what would be a good asking price to begin with?

mmaturo
August 7th, 2009, 07:08
going by kelley the price seems to be right on. if its to high then what would be a good asking price to begin with?

Never believe Kelly blue book...especially for this sucker. I have laughed at what it has said for trade in and retail on this car over the last few years....way off... Mid 20s depending on condition. Must have extended warranty so you need to add that to your cost.

DonS
August 7th, 2009, 21:16
Here are data from a recent, real, transaction all searched with same options, mileage and other criteria:

Kelley Blue Book:
Trade in: $26,250
Private Party: $29,100
Suggested Retail: $32,600

NADA:
Clean trade in: $25,075
Clean retail: $28,900

Paid $28,500 from a small dealer. I assume a small dealer should price half-way between Retail and Private party as the small dealer has less overhead. KBB is high!

Pay extra for a good service record. Hammer them on price if they don't have service history!

Use an Audi dealer to inspect the car so they can apply a warranty - even at a remote location. Dealers seem to be more diligent as their name is on the line with the warranty company.

Brav
August 7th, 2009, 23:08
Dont rely on carfax for maintenance.. ask the owner for records. Just because it doesnt show up doesnt mean it wasnt done.

rs6buyer
August 9th, 2009, 03:58
i visited the dealer today. he had all records of the vehicle. records show alot of work on the shocks/suspension. i believe there was a drc problem since the shocks were replaced 4-5 times over the years. i took the rs6 for a ride. it was very sluggish off the line, like it had no torque. midrange was ok but the power seemed to come late. i was disappointed.

hahnmgh63
August 9th, 2009, 04:07
Sounds like there is a problem with this car, either engine/trans or both. A good shop or Audi dealer should be able to see if there are any codes showing. Some problems don't throw codes but a good dealer/shop familiar with RS6's should be able to figure it out. As mentioned, the car had a 4yr/50,000 mile warranty including regular maintenance for free so all service through 2007 at least should have been done. And yea, the price seems to be overpriced, especially with what sounds like a car that is not running correctly. As for the DRC suspension, that has been a problem since the cars were new and starting this month Audi is beginning to replace it in all RS6's for free of charge with a supposedly improved version. The new DRC may be no better, only time will tell but at least it will have a 12mo/12000 mile warranty at the least.