PDA

View Full Version : A6/S6/RS6 speaker sizes?

gareth60
July 29th, 2009, 23:47
All,

I've searched and searched and I know I have read somewhere, but I cannot seem to find the standard size of the speakers on my RS6.

I "thought" it was 130mm in the front and 160mm in the back, however all the speaker spacers you can buy says 160mm in the front.

Can anyone help before I have to remove my door panel to check?
thx

formula1man
July 30th, 2009, 15:40
Try crutchfield.com they are overpriced on most items but they can help you find your dimensions. Regards, Aaron.

gareth60
August 1st, 2009, 09:09
Hi,

I couldn't find them on there. I was hoping that someone on here must have changed them.

Kind regards

gareth60
August 6th, 2009, 14:41
Guys,

With the help from someone on the audi-sport forum, I have managed to get the door panels off. It's very easy. In summary;

Using a small screw driver, push up into a hole that is just below the electric window switches and un-clip the switches (see pics for details). Once these are out, two screws that are at the top of the doors need removing and the panel just lifts off.

Once I get the speaker (currently at work), i'll measure and post on their sizes.

Gareth.

mgerity
November 28th, 2011, 07:46
Did you ever figure out those speaker sizes? You were going to post them after you pulled those door panels, and I just so happen to have the same question that you did before.

gareth60
November 29th, 2011, 18:15
I installed infinity reference 6530cs's with no issues with depth or spacer required.

Google the dimensions.

mgerity
November 29th, 2011, 18:38
...and you put those in both the front and rear doors?

gareth60
November 29th, 2011, 19:38
Yes. Remember and I got caught out by this, there is capacitors in the doors for the tweeter. I mounted the crossovers which are quite large on the info infinity's on a spare space on the door card. To keep the wiring neat, I used the existing wiring as it seemed quite good quality. I run the line in to the crossovers from the leads to the old tweeter.

I then run new wiring to the new mid/base and tweeter.

However, I had no base!! On close inspection at the wiring, there is capacitor in the wiring loom!!!

Hope this helps