PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever had their cats replaced under warranty?

V8weight
July 28th, 2009, 01:54
Do we still do RS6 related threads here? I just got my P2096 code for the third time this weekend, which is post catalyst fuel trim lean bank 1. The last two times the dealer replaced front and rear o2 sensors, and now they say they are going to replace the downpipes under Audi's 8 year catalytic converter warranty. It's funny because I was planning on gutting them in the first place. It just strikes me as odd, because this really isn't a catalyst efficiency code, I'm more concerned about the possibility of a bad fuel pressure regulator or injector in bank one. Any Input?

DHall1
July 28th, 2009, 04:00
Tell me about it. Geez, the last few issues we have had were not even from RS6 owners. They were new list members with this or that itch up there butt.

Its odd about the downpipes but would you consider this. It would be nice to have a new set of downpipes on the car. Yes? Considering the miles and winter use.....you would get new pipes and flex sections. I would like that given the location and miles. Also, there should be no deductable and its a 100% covered item. I say let em at it. When your ready to gut the primaries...the bolts will be nice and clean. Did I say that? :incar:

As for FPR. What about a quick Vag run with data logs on the 02 Sensors? From voltage values we should be able to tell if the car is too lean. Make some WOT runs and closed loop 55mph constant runs.

Good luck,
How is summer treating you? First time summer with the car, right?

Do we still do RS6 related threads here? I just got my P2096 code for the third time this weekend, which is post catalyst fuel trim lean bank 1. The last two times the dealer replaced front and rear o2 sensors, and now they say they are going to replace the downpipes under Audi's 8 year catalytic converter warranty. It's funny because I was planning on gutting them in the first place. It just strikes me as odd, because this really isn't a catalyst efficiency code, I'm more concerned about the possibility of a bad fuel pressure regulator or injector in bank one. Any Input?

V8weight
July 28th, 2009, 04:13
I dropped the car off this morning, so it's in their hands now. I agree, There's nothing wrong with getting a new set of downpipes, I just thought it was kind of ironic. Maybe they'll let me keep the old ones, though I highly doubt it as they'll probably have to be returned as a core. It's funny, my car has still never seen winter. I bought it in Dec. but it pretty much spent all winter in service departments getting various bugs worked out. It's originally from Scottsdale, then moved to SoCal, then to me. With any luck I'll find the right Avant before winter and It'll never have to see snow. The car has been a lot of fun this summer, although we don't have your kind of scenery to enjoy when out for a drive.

DHall1
July 28th, 2009, 05:05
That is good news. No salt! Perfect.

Still those flex joints in the DP get wear.

Good luck with the S4 Avant search. I did see a Audizine member with a B5S4/Imola. I dont know if he painted it or imported it.

Hey take a trip down to Northern Iowa and over to Dubuque and the ski resorts. The elevation change along the Mississippi are nice roads for a trip. I grew up in Davenport and raced my mtn bikes all over the midwest.

I dropped the car off this morning, so it's in their hands now. I agree, There's nothing wrong with getting a new set of downpipes, I just thought it was kind of ironic. Maybe they'll let me keep the old ones, though I highly doubt it as they'll probably have to be returned as a core. It's funny, my car has still never seen winter. I bought it in Dec. but it pretty much spent all winter in service departments getting various bugs worked out. It's originally from Scottsdale, then moved to SoCal, then to me. With any luck I'll find the right Avant before winter and It'll never have to see snow. The car has been a lot of fun this summer, although we don't have your kind of scenery to enjoy when out for a drive.

V8weight
July 28th, 2009, 19:25
Well, I dropped the car off yesterday morning around 10am and they called me at 8:00 this morning to tell me that my car was done. They replaced the passenger side downpipe which they had in stock (god knows why?) but AOA wouldn't authorize replacement of the drivers side. At any rate, thats service. Dave, funny you should bring up Iowa, my girlfreinds extended family are all down in Cedar Rapids so I make regular visits to the area. I've yet to drive the beast down yet as the last 3 trips I've been driving service loaners. I did make some real good drive times down there in my B6 S4 in the past though. I never really gave any consideration to the gradual change in elevation. I should find a drag strip down there next time I visit.