PDA

View Full Version : big dilemna TTRS or RS5 (budget not being considered)

youry
July 22nd, 2009, 20:56
Basically I am asking your idea behind this question.

should I buy a TT RS end of the year
Should I wait for the RS5 and buy it ?

I am really puzzled at what should I do frankly...

please explaing why you have taken this or that choice...

cata4
July 22nd, 2009, 21:10
I know that the time when we expect our cars is horible , but I would go with RS5, don"t ask me why ! :D

JavierNuvolari
July 22nd, 2009, 22:13
So far the only vote for the TTRS. I would choose it because it's available right now...though I would like to know if you have some sort of sports car at the moment, if so then perhaps you could just wait another year and a half until the RS 5 release.

Best of luck!!

youry
July 22nd, 2009, 22:16
I've owned a 996 biturbo for a year, then a RS4 V8 for about two years. and sold it in April 2008. For now I ave no sports car as i want ot make the right choice between these two cars./ I do plant ot try the TT RS when it arrives in Belgium for test drives (newt 1-2 months I think).

JavierNuvolari
July 22nd, 2009, 22:37
Cool cars you've had. I dunno mate, I wish I could help you more but personally I would be on a tough spot without a car at the moment and thinking about a new one....I would just freak out and choose the TT RS for the exclusivity, engine sound, torque and overall usability.

If you have patience(which I believe you do) then taking things slowly and book the test drive when it arrives to your country its your best choice.

Saludos.

youry
July 22nd, 2009, 22:39
I have an A4 AVANT 2.0 TDI modified at 184 hp and 440Nm for everyday driving so no issues for driving daily, this is only for week-end passion...

JavierNuvolari
July 22nd, 2009, 22:57
Hahaha....440Nm, that thing must pull hard on highway overtakes:incar:.
Best of luck with your options mate:0:.

Saludos.

youry
July 22nd, 2009, 23:07
indeed it has plenty of torque... don't feel like running a TDI to be honest (apart from the shitty sound of course).
Here is the car:

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4290/grip2712redimensionner.jpg (http://img195.imageshack.us/i/grip2712redimensionner.jpg/)

Leadfoot
July 23rd, 2009, 10:52
I don't know how any of us can give you advice on which to chose. I agree that driving the TT/RS will be your only option and then at least you will be in a better position to make judgement.

Personally I'm a fan of turbo power and as the RS5 is (by all accounts) a v8 N/A engine I would lean more to the TT/RS because of this fact and it's incredible off-beat engine note. Two areas where the RS5 will be better is in handling dynamics with it's Sportdiff and offering with a dual clutch as well as a manual. It will also offer more usable space, both in the rear and in the boot, but unlike the TT the RS5 is ultimately a Grand Tourer where as the TT is squarely in the middle of sportscar territory.

youry
July 23rd, 2009, 22:39
thanks for your feedback. do we still think that the RS5 has a chance of being presented at frankfurt ? or delayed ?

artur777
July 24th, 2009, 12:47
If you don't think about the budget
choose 997.2 Turbo PDK or 997.2 Carrera 4S PowerKit PDK

youry
July 24th, 2009, 20:28
I think this comment was mis interpreted ogf course I have a budget I cannot go over. and buygin à 997 turbo is over my budget.

if it would not have been the case i would go straight to the dealer tomorrow mornign an order an R8 V10 100% sure. I've drivven it on SPA Francorchamps race circuit for a full day during an AUDI SPorts Car event, and this car is really incredible for sure.. but simple out of reach budget wise. i have to stay below 100000 EUR. max 85-90000 EUR which is ok for both of the cars listed (TT RS or RS5)

Leadfoot
July 24th, 2009, 20:59
Don't worry Youry I understood your budget.

I'm pretty much sitting in the very same situation, not knowing which to chose, though my dilemma is between the S4 and the TT/RS as I won't be waiting for the RS5 this time round.

youry
July 25th, 2009, 16:12
I hink that choici is easir to make performance wise, the tt rs is well in front.

now if you need a 4 or 5 seater than tt rs is to be exclusded anyway. so it should nto be tough to make the choice.

i don't care abotu the size of the cas here, but am comparing two cars that are or goign to be in same timing for performance.

kju
July 26th, 2009, 22:34
but simple out of reach budget wise. i have to stay below 100000 EUR. max 85-90000 EUR which is ok for both of the cars listed (TT RS or RS5)

Nissan GTR R35

:revs:

youry
July 30th, 2009, 23:11
I've seen the GTR in in geneva in 2008 (VIP lounge) and no way for me....

it will nver get aby close to the AUDI class and more important car finish... I'm not inot getting a car with a playstation inside...

Marv
July 31st, 2009, 12:42
The heart of the problem here seems to be when the RS5 is released. I had a similar problem in that I wanted a new RS4 but decided to get an S4 until the RS4 arrives. The difference is that I knew the RS4 would not be here for at least 18 months after the S4.

My plan is to hold the S4 for a few years then get a used RS4 (~1 year old) if the reviews show it to be a good car. You could do the same with TTRS and RS5 if you don't mind buying used - if buget is less an issue hold the TTRS for a couple of years and get a new RS5 - that way you will get to experience two great but very different cars:thumb:

Marv

Leadfoot
July 31st, 2009, 14:18
I heard this from a friend of a friend (I know :blush:) but he told my that this friend has a order in for the first RS5 at that dealer and they are expecting it in around April time. Even Autocar are stating that the RS5 is due for release in Nov~Dec 2009 so maybe this date being given by the dealer isn't that far off.

QuattroFun
July 31st, 2009, 15:45
Well, I would certainly go for the RS5 (but perhaps I am biased) - roomier, prettier, classier, faster and V8 roar with DCT. Mind you, the 1st AMS test of the TT RS is okay, but measured performance is perhaps not quite what some expected: 1495kg, slalom 67.6 kmh, 12.9L/100km, 0-100 4.7s, 0-160 11.5s and 0-200 17.7s...

youry
July 31st, 2009, 18:22
that would be perfect timing for me to get a RS5... got life is tough sometimes having to make so diffcult decisions related to sooooooo critical things which is to drive in expansive/classy cars for the week-end....

The RS6
August 1st, 2009, 06:21
RS5 for me definetly, I prefer the looks, handling, engine note (if it's a V8), extra space, everything...

TTRS is all about the engine, that's the only reason why I'd buy it, and for me that's simply not enough...