View Full Version : R8 V8 vs. V10 comparison

roadrunner
July 14th, 2009, 21:45
iMOTOR pits the Audi R8 V8 against the new Audi R8 V10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeE7nCIlXrE

Love the last comment, at least for the UK that seems to be true :hihi:

RXBG
July 15th, 2009, 20:37
and shows that the V8 has a limited lifespan left.

the extra price makes sense for any buyer except one- the one that already has a V8 and is going to get shafted in the a$$ with resale and trade-in loss.

Leadfoot
July 15th, 2009, 20:50
Everyone with the old model gets shafted, though I think we S5v8 owners will suffer more when the v6SC, S/Tronic and SportsDiff are all on offer with the 2010 S5.

roadrunner
July 16th, 2009, 08:30
and shows that the V8 has a limited lifespan left.

Hearing the opposite (getting the RS5 upgraded 4.2). And the V8 still has the eligibility fo existance. After all - in most markets the price difference is bigger than in the UK. And - as already mentioned - the V8 is a superb drive.

the extra price makes sense for any buyer except one- the one that already has a V8 and is going to get shafted in the a$$ with resale and trade-in loss.

As Leadie stated, that's the way it is. If you buy a next gen 911 S4 and than want to upgrade to the next gen 911 Turbo when it becomes available: you will be hit with the depressiation of your 911 S4 (which is the highest in the 1st 3 years)

RXBG: you have got a great car there currently (V8). If the figures come out nicely, upgrade to the V10. If not, you still have got a great car, most would die for :cheers:

Ti-Mike
July 31st, 2009, 12:26
I have got a very very fair price for my V8.........no complains at all.......and the V10 isn't taht cheap, because if you spec it up as well.........it is much more then just 10k £.