PDA

View Full Version : RS6 C6 turbo hose clamp loose

jonas21
July 14th, 2009, 17:11
I was just sitting in traffic for a minute (car accident ahead) and once i was able to accelerate again the clamp of the left turbo hose came off and i had power loss (i actually could head a little dang since window was open). Drove to the dealer (luckly only some meters away) and they fixed the clamp again.
Did this happen to anyone else yet? I suspect the OEM clamps might not be sufficient for tuned cars (due to higher pressure).
My dealer is ordering stronger clamps now....

Maverick
July 14th, 2009, 17:27
lol, you are a lucky bastard.

Tezta
July 16th, 2009, 07:38
This seems to happen on a number of different turbo cars, how much power are you running now?

jonas21
July 16th, 2009, 22:16
well its ABT tuned 700bhp. it hasnt happend again yet...so i guess it was just because of the hot temps...lets see.

Avus-RS6
July 17th, 2009, 00:52
I had a hose clamp pop off at the track, running chipped. I cleaned the hose and clamp, put it all back together, and ran the rest of the track day, and it's been good since.

gjg
July 17th, 2009, 02:31
I was just sitting in traffic for a minute (car accident ahead) and once i was able to accelerate again the clamp of the left turbo hose came off and i had power loss (i actually could head a little dang since window was open). Drove to the dealer (luckly only some meters away) and they fixed the clamp again.
Did this happen to anyone else yet? I suspect the OEM clamps might not be sufficient for tuned cars (due to higher pressure).
My dealer is ordering stronger clamps now....

every about 40-50k km, just had t he exercise last week..... :doh:

jonas21
July 17th, 2009, 22:01
every about 40-50k km, just had t he exercise last week..... :doh:

well i knew this was happening with the C5 but i havent heard of anyone experiencing this with a C6...