PDA

View Full Version : C5 RS6 custom mods

Maverick
July 13th, 2009, 17:40
Hi Guys, I am looking to purchase a RS6. I am getting close to get one that's perfect for me.

here is what I thinkg about doing after I get the car.

mods
I want to do a manual swap when the tranny goes(i know it's a lot of work and money but I do have a guy who is very capable).
I will use a B5 S4/C5 A6 6 speed tranny then a good clutch combo to hold the power.

then
I am looking at exhaust headers to free up the flow. I can't find any.
exhaust i will go with Milltek.

I will replace all the O2 sensors and TB when the engine is out.

exterior I will to Bilstein PSS9 with some nice wheels. BBS RGR that I have.

I highly doubt i will have turbo issues since the RS6 turbos are very reliable, if I do blow the turbos, I will upgrade too.

I am going to avoid anything from MTM because I am no way a rich man.

they charge like $60k for a SC on the B7 RS4 and that thing still doesnt fly. lol

what do you guys think? any recommendations for some additional mods?
:addict:

Amulet-S6
July 13th, 2009, 18:28
That seems like a lot of changes, are you sure an RS6 is the right vehicle for you? Not criticizing your thought process, but why not start with a manual 2.7 turbo? I've got a pal in my local audi club that has done all the mods you're after (APR stage 3+, PSS9's, clutch upgrade, Fuel kit) and his car puts out more hp than my rs6. It may even be for sale

Jim
Kansas City

Maverick
July 13th, 2009, 18:31
^^ thanks for the input.
there is nothing like an RS6.
I don't want a A6 2.7T.
something fast out of the factory is very different from something modified fast. I want to start with a very good base and the RS6 satisfy every criteria that I was looking for.

DuckWingDuck
July 13th, 2009, 18:43
ya, like jim in kansas city mentioned, this seems like a lot of modifications, you say that you're not a rich man but the list seems like a rich man's project car list! Good luck on going through with it all. The turbos will go eventually, all turbos do and this is especially interesting since you're talking about pulling out the engine to swap out the o2 sensor which is essentially a wear item?

Maverick
July 13th, 2009, 18:55
^^ It will be a long term project car. so I am going to get a C5 and stick with her. I will do the mods step by step. so I don't have to pour out a lot of dough at once.
I want to replace the o2 sensor when I do the timing belt because I had tried to swap O2 sensor on my A4 and it was a BITCH.
I will take care of the essentials before I proceed to the heavy mods.
the tranny swap will cost the most amount of money, but it won't kill me.
I can source a tranny for $1000. the guy i know can adjust the tune and then source other parts together from an A6. It's not rocket science, i am not too worried about it.

my ultimate goal is to have a GT turboed RS6 one day. call me crazy..

LIRS6
July 13th, 2009, 19:39
[QUOTE=Maverick;166063call me crazy..[/QUOTE]

Okay - you're crazy

mmaturo
July 14th, 2009, 05:02
Yep....I agree with crazy. But it is an excellent car to start with. You are going to be sinking money into it for many other things besides the mods but good luck. By that i mean everything around the shocks in the suspension. Brakes are a nice money pit for OEM but rotors are getting cheaper and we are finding cheaper pads.

Heck if i were modding and zippo warranty i would just do the ECU/TCU reprogramming and cross my fingers the tranny doesn't blow. Plenty of power gain in that one move...I still don't see the reason to blow $$ on exhaust that gains 10hp when it already sounds great too. You will also want an RNSE unit to replace the nav and radio or something aftermarket although i prefer OEM.

Maverick
July 14th, 2009, 17:21
Heck if i were modding and zippo warranty i would just do the ECU/TCU reprogramming and cross my fingers the tranny doesn't blow. Plenty of power gain in that one move...I still don't see the reason to blow $$ on exhaust that gains 10hp when it already sounds great too. You will also want an RNSE unit to replace the nav and radio or something aftermarket although i prefer OEM.

I don't know about the OEM RS6 exhaust since I don't know how restrictive that is.
I looked at Milltek HFC downpipes and cat back exhaust...

RNS-E is a must for any Audi because anything else looks like crap in an Audi. I have RNS-E in my A4 and I love it.

thanks for the heads up.

formula1man
July 14th, 2009, 21:29
LaBree Motorsports is where I bought my downpipes and they sound great and perform very well. They have a 100 cell and cat free pipe (interchangable) that comes with it. It is also about 1K less.

Maverick
July 15th, 2009, 15:24
LaBree Motorsports is where I bought my downpipes and they sound great and perform very well. They have a 100 cell and cat free pipe (interchangable) that comes with it. It is also about 1K less.

that's great to know.
the 100 cell, do you have them on your car?
if you do, how long would they last? 100 cell is nothing basically. lol

cornishmoocher
July 17th, 2009, 02:05
Hey Mavrick,

My car has not wanted for anything-ever, anything that needed doing has been done. My car on standard servicing and non mod related breakdowns/consumables has cost me the best part of £8k. Not including fuel, (£100 per tank/300 miles per tank/40k miles)add on another £13k, then add on the mods listed below...So nothing mental-£10k................... IN 12 MONTHS!!!!!
I am definately not a rich man, but if you are new to the RS6 ownership, I would just wait a while, and see how you get on, The mods are fine, but as you can see the running cost is astronomical.
anyhoo my 2pence worth.

Mooch :thumb:

Maverick
July 17th, 2009, 18:19
^^ thank you.
I am aware of the running cost of a RS6. I am still searching

HeadShot
July 17th, 2009, 19:50
i read someplace that a swap to a manual tranny is a major - the software is the biggest problem... MTM only did one right?? Thats a major tuner working out all the problems. I'd do some serious research before jumping in on an RS6 with the intention of doing that swap. There was some stuff on here someplace about the nuts and bolts of the problem... SEARCH!:hihi:

July 18th, 2009, 01:27
There is a guy in Sydney Australia that is currently doing some serious mods to his RS6 C5 sedan. His intention is to use a RS4 B7 manual 6 speed, and pair it with a custom modified bellhousing adapter and RS4 B7 aftermarket clutch. Motronic will needed to be used and also the ecu must be retuned for the speedo calibration and other bits and pieces like rev cut off.
Not entirely the full story however that is how he is intending to carry this manual conversion out.

He is building a spare engine as well, along with some larger snails to go with. Surely going to be a super super car - sub 3 second 0-100km.