PDA

View Full Version : Finally....1,200 miles...the Beast breathes FIRE!!!

Habiline
August 19th, 2003, 04:43
Hi everyone,

We brought our daughter to Sea World , San Diego last week and the Beast had her 1st long run...what a BLAST!! I think I had more fun driving back & forth than my daughter did at Sea World with Shamu :addict:

As the car has more miles on it now, I do notice that it accelerates faster & more smoothly (don't know how that is possible!! :confused: ), brakes better, and handles better overall. A lot of people seem to really respect the car...getting a bunch of thumbs up since I've had the car....I've driven a whole bunch of performance oriented vehicles and have never had so many appreciative nods or thumbs up :)

It is definitely more than I expected especially after the 1,000 miles are completed.....:king:

BTW, AvusRS6, I'm shocked and saddened by your accident...been too busy at work to peruse this board in the last couple of weeks...but the most important thing is that you're unharmed...property (yes, even the Beast!!) can always be replaced...our thoughts and prayers are with the injured party that hit you....take care everyone...

:cheers:
Habiline

TheBrit
August 19th, 2003, 14:05
And it should just keep on getting better - it will me many more miles yet before everything's fully bedded in, but at least you can excercise it all the way through the rev range! :D

At 18k miles and counting, this car still stuns me with it's performance. Wait until the cooler weather arrives and air temps drop... :addict: :trans:

Mr. Fru-T Pants
August 19th, 2003, 14:54
All my turbos are gasping for air, though it's been a relatively mild summer here in the SE US. Can't wait for October, the leaves to change and the tourists to clear out of the mountains, so fun time can begin. :incar:

Fru-T

TheBrit
August 19th, 2003, 15:37
Originally posted by Mr. Fru-T Pants
Can't wait for October...
Score one to Britland, then! We don't have to wait for October for it to get cold here, about another 2 or 3 weeks should do that...:D

Benman
August 19th, 2003, 20:19
Habiline:cheers: ,

no fare. yours is already broken in and i have yet to take delivery:( oh well, soon enough... wait a minute. there's no such thing as SOON ENOUGH!!!:cheers:

Ben:addict: