PDA

View Full Version : Car Update

AvusRS6
August 18th, 2003, 22:53
To my SHOCK, my car will be ready in about a week...I am very, very surprised at how fast it was/will be repaired. The dealer and body shop basically dropped everything to start working on my car (very unfair to those that are waiting). The damage was estimated at only $14K so no total was possible ( I'm looking into the possibilities of getting some $ reimbursements of the depreciation). The dealer has ordered me 2 ECUs so the OCT Chip will be put on once we get the ECUs from Audi. The motor was not damaged much as I thought it was...they said the motor "dropped" after impact and not much was damaged...whatever that means.

I have not looked at the car since that first day but am glad that it will be "fixed" within another week...although I think that's a bit too optimistic but we'll see.

Mr. Fru-T Pants
August 18th, 2003, 23:34
Avus...I guess that's good news, then. Glad to hear you will be back in the saddle w/o too much down time. Good luck.

Fru-T

AvusRS6
August 19th, 2003, 00:58
Yes, after driving an A4 1.8T for a week, I don't care if my baby had been hit...I just want her back!

Finnus
August 19th, 2003, 13:17
Avus,

That's good news. Glad to hear the damage was much less than expected. Good luck.

Finnus

:addict:

Erik
August 19th, 2003, 13:29
AvusRS6 - I hope everything's fine!

You've got a pm by the way.

Benman
August 19th, 2003, 20:13
Avus,

when did your repairs start? you posted on the 8th. even if repairs started that very day it is highly optimistic that your car would be done by late next week.

the industry standards on collision repair suggest @ $300.00- $350.00 of damage can be repaired per day (and of course that depends on how busy the shop is) what they're telling you is that they're going to repair @ $1000.00 PER WORKING DAY!!! :bigeyes: :bigeyes: that is DANG impressive.

i post this not to worry you but merely to keep you informed of what is a realistic time frame for repairs (and believe me, some shops promise the world.) anyway, i would have to admit that if the job is in fact done when said i would be conserned that the job wasn't "rushed" and quality was compromised. please understand that i DO wish your car is repaired correctly and i am not slamming that shop by ANY means just didn't want you to get your hopes up if the job runs "late" (after all that job should take @ 40 work days!) :cheers:

Ben:addict: