PDA

View Full Version : Buyer Beware: Ebay listing RS6 in FL has a potential bad transmission

DHall1
June 19th, 2009, 18:18
For anyone in the market. I would drive over to this dealer and shit on his doorstep if I were closer.

These guys know the transmission is bad and they are trying to sell this car anyways.

We should all call them up and give the GM a piece of our minds.

This is one Caddy dealer that I hope lost thier franchise.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-AUDI-RS6-SDN-4-2L_W0QQitemZ140327713166QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars _Trucks?hash=item20ac2ef98e&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A317%7C240%3A1318

DHall1
June 19th, 2009, 18:20
http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18578

R1
June 19th, 2009, 18:31
it's now at $22k and it may hit the reserve $24k, looks like someone is willing to spend money on repairs ...

DHall1
June 19th, 2009, 18:37
That "someone" has no idea about the failed transmission.

Its not fair.

The dealer knows and still puts the car up for retail sale. Dirty f"in slimebags.

it's now at $22k and it may hit the reserve $24k, looks like someone is willing to spend money on repairs ...

R1
June 19th, 2009, 18:56
yes it's unfair but what can we do with those who has lots of money and not bothering what's wrong with the car, by the way this car seems to have been chipped it's super fast although i can't verify it

DonS
June 19th, 2009, 20:19
The ad clearly states "There is not a skip or anything but smoothness in this vehicle's transmission." Whoever buys it hopefully will find the prior knowledge posted here and be able to negotiate whatever settlement needed. Too bad the dealer won't just fix it up frotn. Its their money one way or the other. Bunch of bastages.

DonS
June 19th, 2009, 20:35
I've got it - CarFax. CarFax allows anyone to add notes about a car. One could add that they drove this car and learned that it was "nice paint, chipped... and that the dealer indicated the trans was bad." Hopefully the next buyer check CarFax. If they already did...we're still a step behind.

How about new post some of the pertinent search highlights from the eBay ad to here so it leads buyers to this thread. Maybe VIN, color, miles, dealer location and name, sales persons name... We're just leading them to our honest and heartfelt discussion of a vehicle we are passionate about.

DHall1
June 19th, 2009, 21:02
All very good ideas.

I had no idea about that Carfax info. Who can complete this? R1? Can you fill out the needed info. I mean you even had purchased this car and made the dealer take it back.

1. I have emailed the dealer.
2. I will contact ebay
3. Next is the BBB of FL

Who can call or email Carfax?

DonS
June 19th, 2009, 22:53
Assuming R1 still has some days left on his CarFax account, he is the only one who can legitimately answer some key questions in CarFax: Have owned this car, have test driven this car, I have seen this car (don't quote me, I'm going off of memory).

DonS
June 19th, 2009, 23:02
I hope the dealer fixes the car. It really looks nice (same color combo as mine. Here are details from the ad to draw buyers to an open conversation.

2003 Audi RS6 SDN 4.2L
Item number: 140327713166
http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gifmaroonecadillac (http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/maroonecadillac/)
Maroone Cadillac
West Palm Beach, FL, United States
52,804 miles
WUAPV54B13N904801
http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gifmaroonecadillac (http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/maroonecadillac/)
Maroone Cadillac
2101 45th Street
West Palm Beach, FL 33407
Eric Griffiths
Dealer Toll-Free Phone: 800 743-9583
1 OF 1100 MADE IN THE US!! (Dufus - the RS6 is made in Germany)
Carchex, carfax, Kelly Blue Book,

R1
June 20th, 2009, 22:20
it's the torque converter that needs replacement not transmission and that is accordin to an Audi dealership however the selling dealership brought it to another European shop and said the shop did not find anything wrong with the car. The check engine light can reset but I don't know when it will show up again. but per Audi dealerhip who looked into the car the tq converter has TSB on it and needs replacement but unfortunately the warranty will not cover it as there is 30 days waiting time so I was forced to returned it. It's a nice car though has all the options, some nicks and fading on the headlights but those are minor of course the TC is the issue that dissappointed me.

R1
June 20th, 2009, 22:22
Regarding car fax I do not have any account on carfax but here is the report I got from the dealership at that time and it's clean.

http://www.carfax.com/cfm/ccc_DisplayHistoryRpt.cfm?partner=AND_X&VIN=WUAPV54B13N904801

DHall1
June 21st, 2009, 03:53
Either way the entire engine, transmission, front end rad support...ect has to come out of the car to replace the torque converter.

Sometimes the transmission does need replaced. Whats the difference at that point.

40-50hr labor job at 125/hr. Do the math

1000 dollar TC or 4500 dollar trans.

If its got the code...it will come back. Dealer is a crook and cheat because this is a known failed condition and the extended warranty has now tagged this car.

This should be reported to BBB

it's the torque converter that needs replacement not transmission and that is accordin to an Audi dealership however the selling dealership brought it to another European shop and said the shop did not find anything wrong with the car. The check engine light can reset but I don't know when it will show up again. but per Audi dealerhip who looked into the car the tq converter has TSB on it and needs replacement but unfortunately the warranty will not cover it as there is 30 days waiting time so I was forced to returned it. It's a nice car though has all the options, some nicks and fading on the headlights but those are minor of course the TC is the issue that dissappointed me.

R1
June 21st, 2009, 13:04
I agree, points well taken. I can't report them to BBB as they did took the car back.

And you are right it has been tagged by the warranty companies. That does it for me to walk away from the deal.

DHall1
June 21st, 2009, 19:10
In the end, its these sort of things that can give the RS6 a bad name. How would you like to be the poor chap that has always wanted one of these to scrape up enough to buy what looks like a clean example just to get the sledgehammer thrown down when the trans or TC goes out and you have to shell out 6,000 dollars for a repair.

:idea:

DonS
June 22nd, 2009, 16:13
Nice work: Someone, a shopper, has updated CarFax under the Tell us what you know about this vehicle (http://www.carfax.com/notes/vehicle_ratings.cfx?vin=WUAPV54B13N904801&email=&consumerID=&partnerCode=DVE&permutationName=NO_HTL_ICR&lid=CRAC&lpos=first) link with the following:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=oddrow><TD width="14%">Date:</TD><TD width="14%">Mileage:</TD><TD width="14%">Source:</TD><TD width="10%">Rating:</TD><TD width="48%">Comments:</TD></TR><TR class=""><TD id=comment-date1>06/21/2009</TD><TD id=comment-mileage1>52000 </TD><TD id=comment-source1>Shopper</TD><TD id=comment-rating1>4 </TD><TD id=comment-text1>I suspect there is a problem with the transmission or torque converter. I'd ask Audi what they know before purchasing. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Also, a Google search on the VIN displays this thread as the sixth result. Hopefully a buyer will do some research and find this info and negotiate the repairs. It seems perfectly fair.

mmaturo
June 22nd, 2009, 19:38
Nice work: Someone, a shopper, has updated CarFax under the Tell us what you know about this vehicle (http://www.carfax.com/notes/vehicle_ratings.cfx?vin=WUAPV54B13N904801&email=&consumerID=&partnerCode=DVE&permutationName=NO_HTL_ICR&lid=CRAC&lpos=first) link with the following:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=oddrow><TD width="14%">Date:</TD><TD width="14%">Mileage:</TD><TD width="14%">Source:</TD><TD width="10%">Rating:</TD><TD width="48%">Comments:</TD></TR><TR class=""><TD id=comment-date1>06/21/2009</TD><TD id=comment-mileage1>52000 </TD><TD id=comment-source1>Shopper</TD><TD id=comment-rating1>4 </TD><TD id=comment-text1>I suspect there is a problem with the transmission or torque converter. I'd ask Audi what they know before purchasing. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Also, a Google search on the VIN displays this thread as the sixth result. Hopefully a buyer will do some research and find this info and negotiate the repairs. It seems perfectly fair.

Nice. And i will post once again you got to get a car checked out but I paid 3 times this years ago for a CPO car from an Audi dealer and still had the trans and TC replaced in the first few months (more than once). But as stated at least mine was under warranty. Lesson may be to make sure ahead of time you can get the extended warranty and check if the trans etc are covered immediately.

DHall1
June 22nd, 2009, 20:14
Long live RS6.com

You sellers out there....please dont Fu#k with RS6.com

:addict:

This listing was ended early.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-AUDI-RS6-SDN-4-2L_W0QQitemZ140327713166QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars _Trucks?hash=item20ac2ef98e&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A317%7C240%3A1318

rs6 ltwt
June 22nd, 2009, 21:10
Long live RS6.com

You sellers out there....please dont Fu#k with RS6.com

:addict:

This listing was ended early.

or they sold it!!?:bigeyes::snow:

DHall1
June 28th, 2009, 07:04
This car has gone from one dirt bag to another.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=263937728&dealer_id=79607&car_year=2003&rdm=1246168622996&model=RS6&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=y&make=AUDI&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=85222&advanced=&end_year=2010&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=1824&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

Looks like it was dumped on the wholesale market and these new dirtbags are trying to make a quick 7k.

Who wants to start the transmission campaign and start calling these guys?

I willl send an email over....

rs6 ltwt
June 28th, 2009, 16:46

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=263937728&dealer_id=79607&car_year=2003&rdm=1246168622996&model=RS6&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=y&make=AUDI&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=85222&advanced=&end_year=2010&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=1824&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

Looks like it was dumped on the wholesale market and these new dirtbags are trying to make a quick 7k.

What would you like to bet that: a) the Caddy did not tell these latest dealer folks about the trans; and b) that the dealer now offering it at $29 feels like they "stole" it from the caddy dealer?

Oy.....

DHall1
June 28th, 2009, 18:55
:race:

Winner, winner...chicken dinner!

BTW, did you see the new car on Cars.com? Low mileage...alittle pricey but nice set of BBS and the 10yr/100k warranty already in place.

What would you like to bet that: a) the Caddy did not tell these latest dealer folks about the trans; and b) that the dealer now offering it at $29 feels like they "stole" it from the caddy dealer?

Oy.....

rs6 ltwt
June 29th, 2009, 02:34

Winner, winner...chicken dinner!

BTW, did you see the new car on Cars.com? Low mileage...alittle pricey but nice set of BBS and the 10yr/100k warranty already in place.

I did; thanks. Been travelling like a madman.

John (YellowRS6) and I have been talking too.

DHall1
June 30th, 2009, 20:06
Please read the added notes to the Carfax of this vehicle.

Everyone please email this dealer and ask them what they plan to do about the transmission.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-AUDI-RS6-LOW-MILES-CARFAX-CERTIFIED-W-W_W0QQitemZ230352799636QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_ Trucks?hash=item35a218c794&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A317%7C240%3A1308 #history

http://www.carfaxonline.com/notes/vehicle_ratings.cfx?vin=WUAPV54B13N904801&email=&consumerID=&partnerCode=&permutationName=EBAY_ICR&lid=CRAC&lpos=second

mmaturo
June 30th, 2009, 21:21
Please read the added notes to the Carfax of this vehicle.

Everyone please email this dealer and ask them what they plan to do about the transmission.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-AUDI-RS6-LOW-MILES-CARFAX-CERTIFIED-W-W_W0QQitemZ230352799636QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_ Trucks?hash=item35a218c794&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A317%7C240%3A1308 #history

http://www.carfaxonline.com/notes/vehicle_ratings.cfx?vin=WUAPV54B13N904801&email=&consumerID=&partnerCode=&permutationName=EBAY_ICR&lid=CRAC&lpos=second

Moving around the state...nice. I just about bought a house on the lake of those photos. Boy do i feel bad for the person that ends up with it if its not fixed and they didn't find the comments. I know I am tired of the problems with my car.

DHall1
June 30th, 2009, 21:44
Your lucky you didnt buy one of those houses in the picture.

If you think the depr is bad on the RS6. Go look at the property value drop in Flordia.

:cheers:

Moving around the state...nice. I just about bought a house on the lake of those photos. Boy do i feel bad for the person that ends up with it if its not fixed and they didn't find the comments. I know I am tired of the problems with my car.

AudiGeek
July 1st, 2009, 17:25
Hello all,
I have a 2001 S4 in Nogaro Blue with the Blue inserts and a 2006 A4 2.0t stick quattro slammed in Black. Both tuned via APR. I've been looking for an Avus Silver/Ebony interior RS6 for god knows how long. I've referred to this site for quite a long time because I find it very informative. I also really appreciated the fact that you guys were trying to save some poor soul's wallet from a slimy dealer by posting the "Buyer Beware". It just so happens that I was interested in that very car and your posting really started to help my cause as the price of this RS6 dropped dramatically (when Cadillac had it the 2nd time around). I wasn't worried a bit about the problems with it as long as I could get a warranty. I even contacted an Audi dealer with the vin number and had them give me the history on it via your recommendation. They had nothing in there system in regards a torque converter, let alone a transmission problem. I REPEAT, AUDI DOES NOT HAVE THIS CAR FLAGGED for anything wrong. Check for yourselves. I thought to myself, this is great, I will get the car of my dreams and Audi won't hassle me with a warranty claim if I ever had to make one. So needless to say, everything was looking good until I saw the postings on the Carfax. When I saw that I thought to myself, what the F**K are these guys thinking. I would have been more than willing to buy this car and assume the 30 day risk until my warranty kicked in but now, because of the Carfax, I don't think any warranty company will ever cover this car and if they did I'm sure they would most certainly deny me a claim with any regard to the power train. Now I would be out the warranty cost and the reapir. WTF were you thinking?!?! DHall1, you claim that these types of things give the RS6 a bad name...well then what did you do to give it a better one. Are you helping the brand or the buyer?!?!, because you screwed both. You sir are an A$$. R1, the original owner that drove it, clearly stated that it was a torque converter warning light, NOT A TRANSMISSION and yet you posted it wrongly all over the Carfax anyway. Way to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Everybody knows that RS6's are synonymous with bad TC's and it's because 90% of them are chipped by people just like you and what would have been me. Why do you think they cost so much to cover. It just enrages me to find that the supposed enthusiast (apparently with nothing better to do) would be the ones that hindered the sale of an otherwise very nice RS6. I am truly sorry to the others uninvolved for this flaming, but why couldn't you have been straight forth and honest with the facts? Why did you have to exaggerate it and smear it all over the Carfax. Why didn't you simply contact an Audi dealer before hand. Do you know how pathetically easy that would have been?! Now there is no going back. Way to tarnish the brand and F*ck up another Audi lover's dream! :(

DonS
July 1st, 2009, 18:07
I just purchased an RS6 and the warranty company requires a complete dealer inspection including the contents of the ECU\TCU. This TC issue would have been flagged at inspection for the warranty. Maybe the dealer would tell you about it, but I doubt it in this case.

Here's how this would have worked out if it weren't for this thread: You would have purchased the car at normal market prices. You would have purchased a warranty. The TC would have failed. The warranty company would reject the repair because it was a preexisting condition based on the data stored in the TCU\ECU found during the dealer inspection required by the warranty company (not yet perfromed by an Audi dealer). You'd have paid too much for thre car and then been socked with the repair of the TC. DOUBLE OUCH!

At this point, this is an easy fix for everyone involved. Have the dealer repair any problems with the RS6 - as they should have in the first place. These repairs will show up as a historical record on CarFax. The repair center can also add a note to CarFax comment section negating any comments by stating what they repaired, that the car is now in tip-top shape and that they hold documentation proving so. DONE! Any warranty company would be happy to warranty a car in tip-top condition.

Or, get the car at a rock bottom price (thanks to this thread). Have the TC repaired at your cost at an Audi dealer (again negating the CarFax comments) and get the warranty started for a car with a clean inspection.

None of this would happen if the dealers would repair cars to the condition expected by car buyers and\or not try to pass off expensive repairs to the end-user (as all the dealers in this situation have).

DuckWingDuck
July 1st, 2009, 18:18
90% of RS6 owners get an ECU/TCU upgrade? Damn, that's news to me. And um, the torque converter issue came from the factory, go talk to any audi tech.

DHall1
July 1st, 2009, 19:04

Go kick the dog tonight when you get home.

And BTW, this is what I wrote. Please tell me if any of it is not true. I did not say the transmission is bad. Period. Go piss up another tree and enjoy.

This veh was purchased and returned to Maroon Cad last month. The transmission torque converter has failed and needs a $7500 dollar replacement. Extended warranty would not cover and the cad dealer would not stand behind the car. It was returned and wholesaled to the current sellers. Beware of this car. Audi and the extended warranty companies have flagged this vehicle with a known failure and you will not get coverage from anyone.

DuckWingDuck
July 1st, 2009, 19:14
Ya, and not to pile on here or anything but we are all adults here, Dave and I may not see eye to eye on some issues, I still respect and read his posts and THEN make up my OWN mind. All he has done was to preach caution, he never told anyone not to buy a car. Hell, none of us have that kind of power over anybody else. Save maybe Dave's wife over him.

Hehe, just kidding Dave :-D

DHall1
July 1st, 2009, 19:14
The torque converter problem is a know failure right now.

It is not fair to retail this car at any cost without full disclosure to potential buyers.

It is also not fair to pass this repair off to any extended warranty company. That would be fraud. I dont look good in an orange jump suit.

The situation you describe of turning the repair in at a later date...just serves to commit fraud and screw the warranty company. That sir, also causes a negative ding on these cars. New owners may not be able to obtain coverage if too many failures are reported.

My ECU/TCU is 100% stock.

DHall1
July 1st, 2009, 19:40
I would not expect any less. The only way this country is going to survive this current state of affairs is if we all contribute information and ideas. My views are not the only way to get from point A to point B.

And yes, Dave's wife does hold all veto rights in this house. LOL. Heheh Thats the best one this week. :incar:

A matter of fact she evoked those rights just this week. Were trying to finish up the pool in our back yard and I wanted to do some things myself. She said just to get someone in here and get it done faster. You can bet who won.

Ya, and not to pile on here or anything but we are all adults here, Dave and I may not see eye to eye on some issues, I still respect and read his posts and THEN make up my OWN mind. All he has done was to preach caution, he never told anyone not to buy a car. Hell, none of us have that kind of power over anybody else. Save maybe Dave's wife over him.

Hehe, just kidding Dave :-D

ben916
July 1st, 2009, 22:32
looks suspiciously like Audigeek might work for Caddy or Winter Park Sales and Leasing...

Flame on, brother, Flame on!

Not clearly obvious with a SOLO post...

Thanks DAVE for looking out for the noobies and researchers!

AudiGeek
July 1st, 2009, 23:21
DonS, you just purchased an RS6 and the warranty company required a complete dealer inspection including the contents of the ECU\TCU...? Interesting. You must have bought that car from an Audi dealer or used some anal retentive insurance company because the warranty company that R1 used only required a safety inspection which entailed basic items like brakes, tires and warning lights ....not the contents of the ECU. His warranty claim failed because the dumb-ass Cadillac dealer failed to do a safety inspection at all. I know because I called the dealer and read R1's post. Sorry R1, you should have forced them to pay for the repair. They sold you a warranty without a proper inspection and they admitted it...that was their bad. No wonder they took the car back.

DHall1, Let's review your Carfax post:

This veh was purchased and returned to Maroon Cad last month. :nono:The transmission torque converter has failed and needs a $7500 dollar replacement. Extended warranty would not cover and the cad dealer would not stand behind the car. It was returned and wholesaled to the current sellers. Beware of this car. :nono:Audi and the extended warranty companies have flagged this vehicle with a known failure and you will not get coverage from anyone.

NO NO NO
The transmission torque converter did not fail. $7500? your number is rising faster than gas prices. The car was drivable, you can confirm with R1. A red warning light read by a Vag tool only indicates a possible failure. It does not confirm it. We may never know if this car needed a TC because it was not fully diagnosed by the Audi dealer. Once they found out that the warranty company, Caddy nor R1 were willing to shoulder the tab I can only guess that they lost interest. Why else would Audi have no record of it. How do I know...I called. Did you?
It can only be flagged with the warranty company that R1 tried to use. These companies are not networked. America is not a socialist system, yet.
I never implied frauding the insurance company by making a known claim at a later date. Again, the TC is not factually broken like you implied. I don't fully believe this car has a TC issue, especially based on R1's post in and out of this thread.

DuckWingDuck, It is true that the TC issue is a factory problem. I'm just saying that it is exasperated by the vast majority of them are flashed, chipped, tuned or modified. Point is, you are naive to think that you have a car that has not been tuned at one point or another if you bought it used. Faults in the ECU memory can easily be dumped by any tuner kid with a laptop. This isn't Korean rocket science.

ben916, I am not a dealer, please...

Pile on boys, I quite enjoy the banter from you keyboard warriors.:dig:

RS6-4dr911
July 1st, 2009, 23:56
it is exasperated by the . . .

Per chance might you mean "exacerbated"?:harass:

AudiGeek
July 2nd, 2009, 00:05
exasperated (comparative (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Glossary#comparable) more exasperated, superlative (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Glossary#comparable) most exasperated)
<TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="33%" bgColor=#f8f8ff>Positive
exasperated
</TD><TD width="1%"></TD><TD vAlign=top width="33%" bgColor=#f8f8ff>Comparative (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Glossary#comparable)
more exasperated
</TD><TD width="1%"></TD><TD vAlign=top width="33%" bgColor=#f8f8ff>Superlative (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Glossary#comparable)
most exasperated
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

greatly (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/greatly) annoyed (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/annoyed); made furious (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/furious) (you)
made worse (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/worse) or more intense (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/intense) (the TC probs)

Woot! Bring it! :dig:

RS6-4dr911
July 2nd, 2009, 00:25
well I said, per chance, so I guess that's a "no". Never was a good gambler. But I'll feel better driving home in my RS6, with a good tranny and TC (knock wood).:jlol:

ben916
July 2nd, 2009, 00:31
Why are you mysteriously and fiercely defending this car? Do you own it? Did you own it? Prior to this forum thread, you must know what is wrong with it then. Otherwise, buy it and shut up.

This forum is EXACTLY here for Audi and other performance vehicles and with that, the forum member discuss items of interest. This topic is of interest AND that exact vehicle has been flagged as an issue, a rather pricey one at that.

Get over it...

There are MANY more out there besides this one to purchase, if that is your real motive.

DHall1
July 2nd, 2009, 01:28
Lets see. First you indicated that I wrongly described that the transmission was bad on this car. (I think that has been proven incorrect.)

Now you indicate that my 7500 dollar price quote is way out of line and my prices are rising. What prices? 7500 is relative and only a starting point. It could be 6500 or 8500. Big deal.

For a new member with 3 posts...you really seem to be pissing quite a few members off here. Like I said in my first reply back to you. Go home and kick the dog alittle. That will make you feel better.

You have quite a future on this forum. Keep up the good work.

DonS, you just purchased an RS6 and the warranty company required a complete dealer inspection including the contents of the ECU\TCU...? Interesting. You must have bought that car from an Audi dealer or used some anal retentive insurance company because the warranty company that R1 used only required a safety inspection which entailed basic items like brakes, tires and warning lights ....not the contents of the ECU. His warranty claim failed because the dumb-ass Cadillac dealer failed to do a safety inspection at all. I know because I called the dealer and read R1's post. Sorry R1, you should have forced them to pay for the repair. They sold you a warranty without a proper inspection and they admitted it...that was their bad. No wonder they took the car back.

DHall1, Let's review your Carfax post:

This veh was purchased and returned to Maroon Cad last month. :nono:The transmission torque converter has failed and needs a $7500 dollar replacement. Extended warranty would not cover and the cad dealer would not stand behind the car. It was returned and wholesaled to the current sellers. Beware of this car. :nono:Audi and the extended warranty companies have flagged this vehicle with a known failure and you will not get coverage from anyone.

NO NO NO
The transmission torque converter did not fail. $7500? your number is rising faster than gas prices. The car was drivable, you can confirm with R1. A red warning light read by a Vag tool only indicates a possible failure. It does not confirm it. We may never know if this car needed a TC because it was not fully diagnosed by the Audi dealer. Once they found out that the warranty company, Caddy nor R1 were willing to shoulder the tab I can only guess that they lost interest. Why else would Audi have no record of it. How do I know...I called. Did you?
It can only be flagged with the warranty company that R1 tried to use. These companies are not networked. America is not a socialist system, yet.
I never implied frauding the insurance company by making a known claim at a later date. Again, the TC is not factually broken like you implied. I don't fully believe this car has a TC issue, especially based on R1's post in and out of this thread.

DuckWingDuck, It is true that the TC issue is a factory problem. I'm just saying that it is exasperated by the vast majority of them are flashed, chipped, tuned or modified. Point is, you are naive to think that you have a car that has not been tuned at one point or another if you bought it used. Faults in the ECU memory can easily be dumped by any tuner kid with a laptop. This isn't Korean rocket science.

ben916, I am not a dealer, please...

Pile on boys, I quite enjoy the banter from you keyboard warriors.:dig:

V8weight
July 2nd, 2009, 01:35
Lets see. First you indicated that I wrongly described that the transmission was bad on this car. (I think that has been proven incorrect.)

Now you indicate that my 7500 dollar price quote is way out of line and my prices are rising. What prices? 7500 is relative and only a starting point. It could be 6500 or 8500. Big deal.

For a new member with 3 posts...you really seem to be pissing quite a few members off here. Like I said in my first reply back to you. Go home and kick the dog alittle. That will make you feel better.

You have quite a future on this forum. Keep up the good work.
I agree. I thought about posting some facts, but then thought better of it since he obviously knows more about these cars than I could ever hope to learn. Audigeek, this is not Audzine, your current behavior is not going to go over real well here. Please just delete you account, if you find yourself unable to do so, then by all means I'd be glad to email Erik and get the ball rolling for you.

AudiGeek
July 2nd, 2009, 02:08
Well Ben916 you're very observant. After pissing up a tree and going home to kick my cat (because thats all my wife will let me have) I've had time think things over and although believe I am still right about the overzealous Carfax posting by a certain loose canon/member, (that was taken well beyond this forum) I can tell you that I did mentally own this particular car. It was the right color combo, like DonS', it was in really good condition, it was serviced by my local dealer and the price was really nice...and then BOOM! I don't know if the stars will ever be in line again but, c'est la vie. I'm over it now and I'm having a good time watching you guys flame. :jlol: Like I said, I am sorry to those uninvolved. I can tell you this is nothing personal. I vented and I am done.

RS6-4dr911, Well duh, it's an RS6. Maybe one of these days I'll enjoy one too, instead of drooling over my keyboard and crying about what could have been. :cry:

Bigglezworth
July 2nd, 2009, 02:30
General note to every member on this forum that has not personally driven the car in question. You are not certified to comment on the condition of the car unless you have driven or have personally inspected it. All you are doing is citing opinion and as a result have started gossip about the car in question. There isn't anything wrong with posting concerns about an advertised ride, but it's my opinion that someone has gone too far with the Carfax matter.

So what if the car has a bad transmission or bad torque convertor. Lots of cars sold every day have bad parts on them. The important part is that you as a purchaser abide by the biggest and most important rule of engagement with long distance purchases. Buck up some coin to get a long distance purchase reviewed by a certified inspector (dealer or other). Not doing so is putting yourself at high risk. A Carfax will never replace a hands on inspection at time of purchase.

If you are fortunate enough to be able to drive the ride you desire in person and can quickly attest to the condition and description of the ride, you would still be placing yourself at risk if you didn't get if inspected by a certified individual if you yourself don't qualify as one.

For this particular car, I would be more than willing to purchase it for a price that reflected the current sale prices seen in the past 90 days. I would do so only after undertaking the protective steps I mention above with third party independent certified inspection. If the inspection brought to my attention that the transmission or torque convertor was failing, then I might still opt to purchase it for a lower price that reflected the problem at hand. If the third party inspection didn't realize there being a problem - even if I specifically indicated a problem with one specific area of concern - then no one can honestly blame the seller for not properly disclosing the condition of the car.

Again, this is just my opinion and well reflects my numerous successes with purchasing rides both in person and via the Internet - both with problems and without. Buyer beware!

Tim

PS BTW, I talked in great length with one of the premium tuners here in Cowtown about the RS6 and items of concern such as suspension, transmissions and the like. You might find it interesting to hear that he had personally seen three failures of the electrical coupling to Audi/VW transmissions that threw the ECU into warning mode indicating a failed convertor. All of these examples were further diagnosed and had mechanical components in perfect working order. It was later determined on each that the ground connection for each had failed. Once repaired, ECU problems went away.

DHall1
July 2nd, 2009, 02:57
Here is a copy of the Carfax guidelines.

I dont see any problems with the 3 reports posted on Carfax. In general, the folks are directing caution to a known fault that had occured and no repairs were made. This helps any and all buyers to have the veh inspected very closely.

"Your voice counts! Please follow these guidelines to ensure your valuable information is added to CARFAX Customer Ratings & Comments.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>What to include in your CARFAX Customer Comment: </TD></TR><TR><TD>

State accurate facts about this vehicle only (i.e. maintenance, interior and exterior condition, accidents, or mechanical problems)

Use accurate grammar, spelling, capitalization and punctuation when possible
</TD></TR><TR><TD>What not to include: </TD></TR><TR><TD>

Personal information (names, addresses, e-mails, and phone numbers)

Dealer or auction names

An advertisement for the sale of the vehicle

Vehicle pricing information

Comments about other Vehicle Ratings

Duplicate information

Offensive language or content

Single word reviews

HTML tags "

General note to every member on this forum that has not personally driven the car in question. You are not certified to comment on the condition of the car unless you have driven or have personally inspected it. All you are doing is citing opinion and as a result have started gossip about the car in question. There isn't anything wrong with posting concerns about an advertised ride, but it's my opinion that someone has gone too far with the Carfax matter.

So what if the car has a bad transmission or bad torque convertor. Lots of cars sold every day have bad parts on them. The important part is that you as a purchaser abide by the biggest and most important rule of engagement with long distance purchases. Buck up some coin to get a long distance purchase reviewed by a certified inspector (dealer or other). Not doing so is putting yourself at high risk. A Carfax will never replace a hands on inspection at time of purchase.

If you are fortunate enough to be able to drive the ride you desire in person and can quickly attest to the condition and description of the ride, you would still be placing yourself at risk if you didn't get if inspected by a certified individual if you yourself don't qualify as one.

For this particular car, I would be more than willing to purchase it for a price that reflected the current sale prices seen in the past 90 days. I would do so only after undertaking the protective steps I mention above with third party independent certified inspection. If the inspection brought to my attention that the transmission or torque convertor was failing, then I might still opt to purchase it for a lower price that reflected the problem at hand. If the third party inspection didn't realize there being a problem - even if I specifically indicated a problem with one specific area of concern - then no one can honestly blame the seller for not properly disclosing the condition of the car.

Again, this is just my opinion and well reflects my numerous successes with purchasing rides both in person and via the Internet - both with problems and without. Buyer beware!

Tim

PS BTW, I talked in great length with one of the premium tuners here in Cowtown about the RS6 and items of concern such as suspension, transmissions and the like. You might find it interesting to hear that he had personally seen three failures of the electrical coupling to Audi/VW transmissions that threw the ECU into warning mode indicating a failed convertor. All of these examples were further diagnosed and had mechanical components in perfect working order. It was later determined on each that the ground connection for each had failed. Once repaired, ECU problems went away.

Bigglezworth
July 2nd, 2009, 03:02
Here is a copy of the Carfax guidelines.

I dont see any problems with the 3 reports posted on Carfax. In general, the folks are directing caution to a known fault that had occured and no repairs were made. This helps any and all buyers to have the veh inspected very closely.

"Your voice counts! Please follow these guidelines to ensure your valuable information is added to CARFAX Customer Ratings & Comments.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>What to include in your CARFAX Customer Comment: </TD></TR><TR><TD>

State accurate facts about this vehicle only (i.e. maintenance, interior and exterior condition, accidents, or mechanical problems)
Use accurate grammar, spelling, capitalization and punctuation when possible
</TD></TR><TR><TD>What not to include: </TD></TR><TR><TD>

Personal information (names, addresses, e-mails, and phone numbers)
Dealer or auction names
An advertisement for the sale of the vehicle
Vehicle pricing information
Comments about other Vehicle Ratings
Duplicate information
Offensive language or content
Single word reviews
HTML tags "

Unless you are personally in the know by either being the previous owner, a recent purchaser with a bad experience, or a certified inspector, you are simly citing opinion and creating rumour. In every court of law out there, that is deemed Hearsay. Further, inaccurate feedback can be construed as Slander. Just a couple of obesrvations.

Hearsay
1. Unverified information heard or received from another; rumor.
2. Law. Evidence based on the reports of others rather than the personal knowledge of a witness and therefore generally not admissible as testimony.

Slander
1. Law. Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.
2. A false and malicious statement or report about someone.

For your sake, I hope you are indeed in the know personally as you've created quite a stir about this specific item.

Take care
Tim

DHall1
July 2nd, 2009, 03:04
And, if I may add.

We are losing sight of the fact that 2 sellers were hiding the facts behind this vehicles condition. These sellers were presenting the vehicle in excellent condition, yada, yada.

That alone makes my blood boil. Thus the power of the pen comes to hand. I dont think we need to get into the letter of the law and hearsay.

I dont like dirtbag dealers trying to make a quick buck and dumping on some poor unknowing sap.

Bigglezworth
July 2nd, 2009, 03:15
And, if I may add.

We are losing sight of the fact that 2 sellers were hiding the facts behind this vehicles condition. These sellers were presenting the vehicle in excellent condition, yada, yada.

That alone makes my blood boil. Thus the power of the pen comes to hand. I dont think we need to get into the letter of the law and hearsay.

I dont like dirtbag dealers trying to make a quick buck and dumping on some poor unknowing sap.Clearly I have no idea on how you are so much in the know about this vehicle to personally cite each seller not disclosing something about the condition of the vehicle in question. Did you or someone you know personally drive this car? Did you or someone else you know have it inspected?

I too would have have no time for dealers that don't well represent a car that they are a certified reseller for, but I have never personally experienced that situation. I remain confused on how you are an expert on this specific car. Please enlighten me so that I can better understand.

Tim

DHall1
July 2nd, 2009, 04:07
Tim,

I dont appreciate the tone nor the legal ease. Save it for court please.

If you looked over the thread. The second post clearly gives reference to this member and account of the history.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18578

I will consider this closed.

Clearly I have no idea on how you are so much in the know about this vehicle to personally cite each seller not disclosing something about the condition of the vehicle in question. Did you or someone you know personally drive this car? Did you or someone else you know have it inspected?

I too would have have no time for dealers that don't well represent a car that they are a certified reseller for, but I have never personally experienced that situation. I remain confused on how you are an expert on this specific car. Please enlighten me so that I can better understand.

Tim

Bigglezworth
July 2nd, 2009, 04:57
Read the post thanks. Saw some constructive discussion and concure with the one post wherein R1 should certainly comment on his experience. Not certain how that relates to anyone else other than him though when it comes to matters outside of this forum. You've taken things much more personally than you needed to with both my queries/comments and the initial matter at hand. You also became quite defensive when I merely stated opinion and queried a couple of things. I don't think you can read into anything curt from my posts. You did a good job to raise the concern to board members, but again I personally think you took it a bit far. I mean no disrespect to any of it, just don't understand your passion for being waist deep in it.

Anyway, on another note, can anyone on this forum expand on what exactly is failing when the ECU is throwing a torque convertor code? Yes, I know it's a leaky seal from a poor design, but what exactly does that mean for convertor/engine performance? Seal in question is part of the lock-up portion of the convertor isn't it? The part that locks up to eliminate slip which is inherint with the fluid dynamics of the convertor and improve gas mileage. So leaky seal does what specifically to the convertor clutch? Does it make the TCC fail such that the engine revs up and down as it engages and disengages, not being able to keep the converter clutch locked up? Is the leak causing the converter clutch to engage randomly in gears that it shouldn't usually engage in? Or worse yet, is the leak causing the TCC to remain engaged and not disengage as you slow down to stop at a stop light making the engine stall out and die.

Really need to get an informed answer about this, because I've run race convertors for years and they are all non-lock so slip along nicely until they hit their prescribed stall speed depending on engine torque. Lots of benefits from TCC's at cruising speed, but unless this specific design flaw is causing any of those three conditions, I don't see why I couldn't simply uncouple the connector and let life go on without being concerned.

Tim

DHall1
July 2nd, 2009, 06:05
No problems from my end. A good debate is always welcome. After getting the shotgun email from Mr Geek on his first post to this forum....you could say my tail was up for a good debate. It was clear from Mr Geek that he had all the plans to turn this transmission claim in at a later date. (which is fraud) Then somehow these Carfax notations screwed up his fraud plans. Sorry bout that Mr Geek.

As for tone, direct and challenging nature to your posts. I took them that way. Thats fine, I dont mind bringing my guns to 50 paces. Just tell me the guidelines.

For all the years of dealing with dirtbag vehicle sellers. I have a sore spot for disclosure when a known problem is hidden. Thats all.

Read the post thanks. Saw some constructive discussion and concure with the one post wherein R1 should certainly comment on his experience. Not certain how that relates to anyone else other than him though when it comes to matters outside of this forum. You've taken things much more personally than you needed to with both my queries/comments and the initial matter at hand. You also became quite defensive when I merely stated opinion and queried a couple of things. I don't think you can read into anything curt from my posts. You did a good job to raise the concern to board members, but again I personally think you took it a bit far. I mean no disrespect to any of it, just don't understand your passion for being waist deep in it.
Tim

R1
July 2nd, 2009, 09:07
This is really a great site! Very informative and full of excitement! I say that because it's like going to movie and seing how it unfolds and ends. Every one had given their 2 cents and had moved on. Some may have taken it more seriously some may have not, or maybe with a bit of sensitivity. But in the end, it's all good, it help us all get well informed and educated all for the love of :rs6kiss:

With regards to the car, I will add the following:

Audi dealership did worked on the car, in fact, I just received a reminder letter on them yesterday about my recent visit, 2 items are listed as reminder - front pads & rotors and power steering leak. that means the car is in their system or Audi system. However what I am puzzled about is why it did not include the TC issue or why TC is not noted that they looked or diagnosed it (will it be because nothing was done to it or because I or the warranty co. did not authorize repair) should there be at least a record that the car was there and had been checked and diagnosed for TC issue. I'm not sure how this works in the side of an Audi dealership. I remember clearly the service advisor saying that the check engine light is from a code pointing to the TC and when I asked further they say there's a TSB for the TC (it's about seal) and that the TC is bad and must be replaced. Whether the TC is really bad or not or they're exaggerating how bad it is I have no idea, maybe the dealership just wanted to generate more sales, true or not, I will not know. Here's an additional fact - the manager and sales person I dealt with from the dealership who sold me the car both worked as service managers from Audi dealerships prior to going to Caddy. So they must know something from an Audi dealership point of view regarding records. And this must be the reason why the TC diagnosis is not on the system, just guessing. Question will be - why not include on record about the TC? Well I leave that to you all for you to answer or not answer.

But anyway as I mentioned earlier, I love this site and I appreciate all the members responses and 2 cents. It's all worth it.

In the end we are all a bunch of RS6 lovers getting together and doing what suppose to be the purpose of this site - talk and discuss about our cars - if not then why even bother being a member of this forum much as read this thread.

Be safe everyone and let's keep enjoying our Audis:incar:

Bigglezworth
July 2nd, 2009, 13:36
S BTW, I talked in great length with one of the premium tuners here in Cowtown about the RS6 and items of concern such as suspension, transmissions and the like. You might find it interesting to hear that he had personally seen three failures of the electrical coupling to Audi/VW transmissions that threw the ECU into warning mode indicating a failed convertor. All of these examples were further diagnosed and had mechanical components in perfect working order. It was later determined on each that the ground connection for each had failed. Once repaired, ECU problems went away.

So is there an actual mechanical problem with this car or not?

Anyway, on another note, can anyone on this forum expand on what exactly is failing when the ECU is throwing a torque convertor code? Yes, I know it's a leaky seal from a poor design, but what exactly does that mean for convertor/engine performance? Seal in question is part of the lock-up portion of the convertor isn't it? The part that locks up to eliminate slip which is inherint with the fluid dynamics of the convertor and improve gas mileage. So leaky seal does what specifically to the convertor clutch? Does it make the TCC fail such that the engine revs up and down as it engages and disengages, not being able to keep the converter clutch locked up? Is the leak causing the converter clutch to engage randomly in gears that it shouldn't usually engage in? Or worse yet, is the leak causing the TCC to remain engaged and not disengage as you slow down to stop at a stop light making the engine stall out and die.

Really need to get an informed answer about this, because I've run race convertors for years and they are all non-lock so slip along nicely until they hit their prescribed stall speed depending on engine torque. Lots of benefits from TCC's at cruising speed, but unless this specific design flaw is causing any of those three conditions, I don't see why I couldn't simply uncouple the connector and let life go on without being concerned.

Tim

Someone with even more mechanical knowledge than I have needs to answer this question as it well plays into the discussion on this topic about whether or not there is a significant problem with the car. Prior to there being ECU's and programs that spat out codes that are referenced to a standard list of text, what would be the identifying problem to diagnose.

R1
July 2nd, 2009, 13:46
sorry my brain is not equiped to answer these questions, it's my 1st RS6

experts please chime in

thanks

DHall1
July 2nd, 2009, 16:21
Thats odd.

Prev Audi service managers going to work for a Caddy dealer?

1225 views to this thread.

I would think having the Audi dealer fully diagnose the TC problem would be evidence enough. Only that particular tech can answer the specific steps he/she took to reach that conclusion.

Maybe someone could get a copy of that TC service bulletin.

Bigglezworth
July 2nd, 2009, 18:02
I think we can all admit that just because the dealer says there is a problem, that one may or may not exist. It really comes down to your service representation. How many of us had problems with their DRC only to be told by their dealer that everything was okay? Are they merely responding to an ECU code. Did they go through the wiring to rule out the wiring is at fault (see my comments earlier). CEL are largely utilized to remind people of service intervals for cars under warranty and address emissions. They aren't put in place to diagnose mechanical failures. I have no doubt that if you polled the members of the forum, that you would get a larger percentage of owners that drive around all the time with a CEL than you might have thought. I know I've been driving around with one for a year now.

Yellow RS6
July 2nd, 2009, 18:03
I'm with Tim on this. That's great to post threads on forums about potential issues with a car and whatever, but to put a post like that into Carfax should only be done by someome with direct experience with that car - i.e. R1. And even he said that Audi themselves show no TC issue.

So can anyone just post whatever they want about a car into Carfax? They don't have to be a dealer, the current owner, previous owner, etc.? If so, that's pretty scary.

mmaturo
July 2nd, 2009, 18:09

Tim

To attempt to answer your question on the TC as it fails i seem to have the most failures of people lurking (4th is in the car now since car was new)...it does indeed rev up without locking so on a 2 to 3 shift there will be a delay where you think it should be shifting but instead revs are building but nothing is happening then it goes into the next gear often times not very smoothly. Same thing on quick downshifts such as when going to pass it will disengage but not come back into gear when it should and so locks again rather abruptly. My last one was more of a case where while under acceleration the gear would slip, so i could feel a rise in revs but with no corresponding real acceleration forward intermittently . Also when coming to a complete stop whatever gear was released but there was a big delay of the car going into first from what seemed to be a neutral spot and then it would clunk into gear almost stalling the car...so a delay in selection and locking the gear in.

As for mods i don't know too many that have upgraded the programming personally and we are still getting plenty of failures. The first owners were rather well off but conservative types that love high hp but who don't all run out and mod their cars...at least not their 4 door sedans. So i disagree in the statement that most RS6s have been screwed with. I think the majority were too worried about losing warranty coverage or just didn't feel the need to add more. From this point forward i think it will be more of the case as the third generation of owners are taking them over they are more likely to tune them as factory warranties are long gone.

And by the way the 7500 number is probably very close as i think the rebuilt ZF trans they get now is near 5 to 6K alone. Its not a $1500 job at the local Aamco transmission shop. I'll let you know when i have to buy my 4th one as my car goes off warranty next month.

Bigglezworth
July 2nd, 2009, 19:45
To attempt to answer your question on the TC as it fails i seem to have the most failures of people lurking (4th is in the car now since car was new)...it does indeed rev up without locking so on a 2 to 3 shift there will be a delay where you think it should be shifting but instead revs are building but nothing is happening then it goes into the next gear often times not very smoothly. Same thing on quick downshifts such as when going to pass it will disengage but not come back into gear when it should and so locks again rather abruptly. My last one was more of a case where while under acceleration the gear would slip, so i could feel a rise in revs but with no corresponding real acceleration forward intermittently . Also when coming to a complete stop whatever gear was released but there was a big delay of the car going into first from what seemed to be a neutral spot and then it would clunk into gear almost stalling the car...so a delay in selection and locking the gear in.Thank you. You've described pretty much verbatium what I cited as the mechanical points of reference to diagnose failure. Pretty obvious stuff that anyone with mechanical background would know straight away after doing a road test. So the only thing I am still trying to then understand is what role does the leaking seal play into the actual failure of the TCC?

Tim

DHall1
July 9th, 2009, 04:30
Winner winner chicken dinner.

$15,100

hahnmgh63
July 9th, 2009, 04:37
If I could get it for that price I would jump at it. A new tranny & TC installed and it would be good to go. I would just do it as a slow part time project and do the downpipes and all of the sensors and hoses on the backside while I was there.

DHall1
July 9th, 2009, 04:46
Capital markets are dead on the price when it comes to these things.

If you buy an auction car and expect to turn $6000 profit all knowing there is a flaw in the car and or a potential flaw but dont disclose anything.

You will pay the piper and loose $7000 instead.

AIG, FRE, FNM, C, GM....markets take no excuses. The hammer is heavy. AIG 20 for 1 split....put the stock over 20 dollars just a few days ago. Hahah, its already on its way back down to $1.00 where it belongs with the rest of them. GM, C, FRE, FNM.

DHall1
July 18th, 2009, 06:32
At what point will this madness stop? Not only has this car gone to yet another used car dealer. They have marked the price up even higher.

The people are so greedy and down right slimy its actually quite amazing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/QUATTRO-NAV-SOLAR-ROOF-SPORT-EXHAUST-CARBON-FIBER_W0QQitemZ290332196659QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_C ars_Trucks?hash=item439925bf33&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12|39%3A1|72%3A317 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/QUATTRO-NAV-SOLAR-ROOF-SPORT-EXHAUST-CARBON-FIBER_W0QQitemZ290332196659QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_C ars_Trucks?hash=item439925bf33&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A317)

Call them, post them, praise them.

snoopra
July 18th, 2009, 15:29
D, after all the calls, they had to turnover the "snake oil" pedalling to another stealer:)

mmaturo
July 18th, 2009, 22:39
and these idiots stuck their cheap sticker on its arse. Crazy how many places this car has been.

R1
July 18th, 2009, 22:55
it's been in my driveway for 1 week then to the crazy places you mentioned :noshake:

DHall1
July 19th, 2009, 02:25
She has been around the block.

it's been in my driveway for 1 week then to the crazy places you mentioned :noshake:

Bigglezworth
July 19th, 2009, 05:31
Auction over. Listing pulled.

snoopra
July 19th, 2009, 06:27
May have had something to do with a few emails and the threat of bad ebay publicity:thumb: Good job guys, maybe we should start a complaint to AoA about those leaky intercoolers!

Bigglezworth
July 19th, 2009, 20:44
"We've received this information from another eBayer yesterday and have made arrangements for a full inspection and thorough check on the transmission. Thank you for your input, we're going to either make sure the vehicle has been repaired or has no existing issues. It did pass the auctions post sale inspection and our mechanics inspection / test drive however we are scheduling an appointment this week for Audi to take a look at it. Thanks Again.

Chris Liseo
Internet Manager"

DHall1
July 19th, 2009, 21:10
Fair enough inquiry this time around. It seems this poor car keeps going to the dealer auction and the new buyer picks it up and gets stuck. All the while the price keeps going up on the car. It kinda sucks for all parties involved. Maroone Caddy should have stood behind the first sale to R1 and made things right. Now its a big fat mess because everyone wants to pass the buck onto the next guy and not fix the damn car. Hot potato hot potato

Bigglezworth
July 20th, 2009, 22:05
Update

"Audi has confirmed the car has a bad Torque Converter. We have scheduled to bring the car back to the Auction for the previous seller to take care of it. Thanks Again.

-Chris Liseo"

DuckWingDuck
July 20th, 2009, 23:08
I thought auctions were just that, what you see is what you get, unless they could figure it some kind of fraud angle?

DHall1
July 21st, 2009, 00:49
I think there is a burden of fraud even when your dealing with auction sales. If a known problem is to exist....you must disclose.

This car should return back to Marrone Caddy where the problem was first disclosed. Fix it or fully disclose your known problem and let the market dictate price.

And, it is not legit to try and soak an extended warranty company for the trans repairs. It is what it is and needs out of pocket cash to fix it.

No bailouts here on RS6.com. CIT was given a lifeline from the bondholders today and I made a killing. We didnt need no government bailout. Thank you very much.

DonS
July 21st, 2009, 03:18
Let's say the car ends up back where it belongs, with Marrone Caddy and gets repaired. Would R1 want to buy the completely repaired car back at the same deal he closed before? In my "blue sky" world, this would prove that it makes the most sense to be honest and upfront to maximize the selling price, we at RS6.COM advertised the truth, and all parties should be happy.

Except for that one dude that reamed us. What's he got to say for himself now?

And who was that dude that

Bigglezworth
July 21st, 2009, 04:18
I thought auctions were just that, what you see is what you get, unless they could figure it some kind of fraud angle?I received a very nice email from Chris - their Internet sales manager - that came as a response to the general inquiry I first had. It well explains the matter at hand from their end. Out of respect for their current situation I will not post the steps involved with how they received the vehicle and what methods of protection are involved from their end to make this matter better for the new owner (whenever that occurs).

It does sound like the vehicle is going to be repaired properly however so that situations like the one that occured with R1 don't occur again. It's unfortunate so many people have been affected by this. The Internet is an interesting beast.

Tim

DHall1
July 21st, 2009, 05:28
Well,

There was a motive from Mr Audigeek. Lever the seller with the bad trans lower the price and buy an extended warranty. Then turn in a claim 30 days later.

Fraud never pays.

Thats why he was so peed off.

Except for that one dude that reamed us. What's he got to say for himself now?

And who was that dude that

DHall1
July 21st, 2009, 05:38
Actually,

After reading this personal attack again. I was not happy at the time nor now. I reported this post and attack yet nothing was done about it and no resolution was given to me.

If we can all go around and post personal attacks calling other member names then the list is not where I need to be.

Hello all,
I have a 2001 S4 in Nogaro Blue with the Blue inserts and a 2006 A4 2.0t stick quattro slammed in Black. Both tuned via APR. I've been looking for an Avus Silver/Ebony interior RS6 for god knows how long. I've referred to this site for quite a long time because I find it very informative. I also really appreciated the fact that you guys were trying to save some poor soul's wallet from a slimy dealer by posting the "Buyer Beware". It just so happens that I was interested in that very car and your posting really started to help my cause as the price of this RS6 dropped dramatically(when Cadillac had it the 2nd time around). I wasn't worried a bit about the problems with it as long as I could get a warranty. I even contacted an Audi dealer with the vin number and had them give me the history on it via your recommendation. They had nothing in there system in regards a torque converter, let alone a transmission problem. I REPEAT, AUDI DOES NOT HAVE THIS CAR FLAGGED for anything wrong. Check for yourselves. I thought to myself, this is great, I will get the car of my dreams and Audi won't hassle me with a warranty claim if I ever had to make one. So needless to say, everything was looking good until I saw the postings on the Carfax. When I saw that I thought to myself, what the F**K are these guys thinking. I would have been more than willing to buy this car and assume the 30 day risk until my warranty kicked in but now, because of the Carfax, I don't think any warranty company will ever cover this car and if they did I'm sure they would most certainly deny me a claim with any regard to the power train. Now I would be out the warranty cost and the reapir. WTF were you thinking?!?! DHall1, you claim that these types of things give the RS6 a bad name...well then what did you do to give it a better one. Are you helping the brand or the buyer?!?!, because you screwed both. You sir are an A$$. R1, the original owner that drove it, clearly stated that it was a torque converter warning light, NOT A TRANSMISSION and yet you posted it wrongly all over the Carfax anyway. Way to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Everybody knows that RS6's are synonymous with bad TC's and it's because 90% of them are chipped by people just like you and what would have been me. Why do you think they cost so much to cover. It just enrages me to find that the supposed enthusiast (apparently with nothing better to do) would be the ones that hindered the sale of an otherwise very nice RS6. I am truly sorry to the others uninvolved for this flaming, but why couldn't you have been straight forth and honest with the facts? Why did you have to exaggerate it and smear it all over the Carfax. Why didn't you simply contact an Audi dealer before hand. Do you know how pathetically easy that would have been?! Now there is no going back. Way to tarnish the brand and F*ck up another Audi lover's dream! :(