PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Discussion

Turboluvr
June 17th, 2009, 18:01
I was surfing and thought I'd see what was happening over on AW and wow...the RS6 forum is dead, thanks RS6.com!

So I checked out an ongoing argument between S6 and A6 owners (V8 vs. V6) that is heating up. A link for some mild amusement. http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=2754101

Benman
June 17th, 2009, 18:46
I was surfing and thought I'd see what was happening over on AW and wow...the RS6 forum is dead, thanks RS6.com!

I think what you meant to say was "AudiWorld is dead". Period. ;) :D

Ben:addict:

Turboluvr
June 17th, 2009, 19:30
Yeah, I never paid that much attention to the rest of it, just the RS6 pages. But after reading the crap about V8s being history, nobody needing that much HP anyway and who gets the best milage...AW is dead to me, take it fishing on the lake and give it a .22 in the back of the head.

DHall1
June 17th, 2009, 19:56
Put a fork in it. :incar:

Dont piss off the regulars. :incar:

Look :harass: All those RS6 owners are going over to RS6.com where they dont have read ad after ad after sales ad.

It does not hurt that a few of us (Cors6, thats me over there) are directing people over to RS6.com. Shhhhh

DHall1
June 17th, 2009, 20:09
Give me my V8 and two turbos. Thank you very much!

The rest of the chaps can just go crawl in a hole somewhere.

Does anyone realize our engines are so detuned and they can handle 6-7 even 800hp.

Go look at the Gumperts. Geeez.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Top-Gear-Gumpert-Apollo_174124.htm

6-7-800hp. Pick your engine. There all 4.2tt V-8.

Erik
June 17th, 2009, 20:09
About 60% of the traffic on RS6.com is now from the US...

It has always been the majority, but it has increased lately.

I can post more stats later.

DHall1
June 17th, 2009, 20:19
Erik,

The people are speaking up. We will never see these vehicles again on US soil. All the green people, regulation and Government Motors will see that so many rules and regs are put inplace that these cars never come around again.

Its sad, but we have our old beasts! Long live the :addict:

In a few more years, people will be begging to buy our cars. :rs6kiss:

About 60% of the traffic on RS6.com is now from the US...

It has always been the majority, but it has increased lately.

I can post more stats later.

Benman
June 18th, 2009, 00:36
Government Motors will see that so many rules and regs are put inplace that these cars never come around again.

Well, GM still hasn't killed the beautifull new Camaro SS... as much as I hate what GM did, I LOVE that car. :heart:

gjg
June 18th, 2009, 07:00
Its sad, but we have our old beasts! Long live the :addict:

yep, and not only in US....

DHall1
June 18th, 2009, 20:15
:incar: :bow: :addict:

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=1055918&topart=industryinsider

yep, and not only in US....

MikeL01
June 19th, 2009, 01:52
I've found a wealth of info here at RS6.com. The forum search answered all of my pre-RS6 questions. Well done!
S/F

DHall1
June 21st, 2009, 19:23
I saw the first one on the road this week.

It does look nice....my favorite Camaro body style was the 69. I had a 70Z drag car for a couple of years way back in addition to all my muscle cars in the day.

Still, I cant give GM any more of my money. Its the principal of the thing.

Now were having to fund our neighbors $4500 dollars for the new car they purchase. Give me a break.

Well, GM still hasn't killed the beautifull new Camaro SS... as much as I hate what GM did, I LOVE that car. :heart:

Benman
June 23rd, 2009, 17:31
Now were having to fund our neighbors $4500 dollars for the new car they purchase. Give me a break.

That is kind of my point. We are giving GM our money anyway, through taxes and handouts. So, might as well have something nice in return. I understand the principle, but in the end, they still win anyway. That Camaro would look nice in my garage. Black SS convertible. ;) Maybe next year.