PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know the weight difference from standard to solar sunroof?

p3u
June 17th, 2009, 00:40
Just curious if its a good amount of weight that could be lost, anyone have an answer on how much is to be saved?

Thanks!:rs6kiss:

Hy Octane
June 17th, 2009, 00:53
I had the solar sunroof on my 2003 A6 4.2..

It weighs alot! I was surprised..I didnt like it at all. Maybe in a state thats not a desert, but all it did was circulate the hot cabin air around with more freshly heated outside air while parked. Now if they had come up with a way to activate the compressor using solar power while parked THAT would be cool (scuse the pun).. But i'm glad I tried it so I made sure not to get my RS6 with one. Lighter, and I prefer the sky view..

p3u
June 17th, 2009, 01:03
You know if the A6 glass roof would be a direct swap for the rs6? I have one at my disposal :)

Or better yet, mold a carbon shell to go in its place to be uber light :rs6kiss:

V8weight
June 17th, 2009, 01:23
You know if the A6 glass roof would be a direct swap for the rs6? I have one at my disposal :)

Or better yet, mold a carbon shell to go in its place to be uber light :rs6kiss:
The standard A6 sunroof assy. is a direct fit for the RS6.

p3u
June 17th, 2009, 01:25
and the headliner is all the same?

I don't want to bother doing this if I'm not saving at least 40-50lbs. Anyone with an exact weight savings?

gooseleg
June 17th, 2009, 13:36
[quote=p3u;164253]and the headliner is all the same?

The headliner is not the same, on the A6 it's cloth.