PDA

View Full Version : Why call it a Beast?

2manycars
August 17th, 2003, 03:23
It seems that the term for our cars is "The Beast." One of the main reasons I bought this car was because it was the opposite of a Beast. I love this car beause of the power, handling, and just as important the civility of this car. This has become my family car, and although the ride is firm, it is far from harsh. My wife has no problem driving this car, but hated driving any Porsche I had, stating "the car beat her up, and she was tired just from driving it."

I love my "Beast," but think of it more as a Beauty.

Snow
August 17th, 2003, 11:44
I think the "Beast" name come from the performance when compared to other more normal cars...

Well, I'm almost ready to agree with you.
When my brother lived in Canada for half a year, he bought himself a -83 oldsmobile with a ~5.0l engine! Now THAT is what I call a beast. Big, ugly, loud and uncomfortable. :D

Finnus
August 17th, 2003, 14:46
I love this car beause of the power, handling, and just as important the civility of this car.

2many,

We all bought the car for those reasons. And, don't forget the understated quality of performance Audis. But underneath all of those nicities lurks a MONSTER! Those intercooled twin turbos are just begging for the call to spool up!!! :MTM: For most of us the raw power is the characteristic that most defines the car. Hence we call he/she/it "The Beast".

I bought this car was because it was the opposite of a Beast.

I think not. If all you wanted was something pretty and civil with some power, you would have bought a 4.2L A6, or a BMW 540i, or a M-B CLK 500.

I love my "Beast," but think of it more as a Beauty.

Some have called it "baby". Think of it as you will. So, call it a loveable Beast, a civil Beast, a pretty Beast, or perhaps even a beautiful Beast. But please, call it what it is "The Beast". :MTM:

LOL

Finnus :cheers:

:addict: :addict: :addict: