PDA

View Full Version : Please help!!!

rsPOWER
June 11th, 2009, 18:49
Hello dear Audi lovers!! i have one question... im driving 2008 rs6 c6 avant and today i noticed some strange thing while driving.. my car is shaking when im stoped on the the traffic lights or whereever more than normal... the revs are kind strange too.. it just vibrates more than a usual! whats the problem??????the car has 25000 km and i havent done first service at 15000km beacouse i dont belive Croatian Audi service-I live in Germany... can that be the problem???? thanks a lot!!!!!:rs6kiss:

SAF
June 11th, 2009, 19:16
Personally, I would get it to a dealer as soon as possible! And do the service!

DHall1
June 11th, 2009, 19:20
Everyone,

Please think about a proper subject title before posting up new threads.

If we are going to move the list forward and add a greater understanding to the documents in this group. We must file them in a better manner.

For example, this thread could have been titled....

Please help: 2008 RS6 with engine/driveline vibration or shaking at stop.

This way we all see the problem at first glance and dont have to guess at the subject in the body.

Make sense

DHall1
June 11th, 2009, 19:33
When was the last time you changed the oil in the engine?

vinny
June 11th, 2009, 21:07
hey rspower, that car needs to get to a dealer ASAP!! its clearly telling you it needs attention.. :mech:

rsPOWER
June 11th, 2009, 21:37
tomorow first thing I do is visit Audi... its going to be my first time beacouse like I said,that people are not to trust.. thats what I tought,he needs some love.... ha.ha

vinny
June 11th, 2009, 21:57
but if you arent happy with croatia, the dealers in germany should be the best...

DHall1
June 11th, 2009, 22:10
When was the last time you changed the engine oil?

tomorow first thing I do is visit Audi... its going to be my first time beacouse like I said,that people are not to trust.. thats what I tought,he needs some love.... ha.ha

MaxRS6
June 11th, 2009, 23:16
Mine had those symptoms when the cam adjuster had to be replaced.

cornishmoocher
June 15th, 2009, 02:00
Dave, I don't think he has........

First service is the most important man- your warranty is absolutely f*cked..........

I would be getting a dodgy stamp saying it had been done.

DHall1
June 15th, 2009, 02:32
I hear ya mate. That's why I asked 2 times. Still no answer. I hate it when people start threads and dont offer to fill in or reply as needed to move the collective data points along. My pet peeve.

I dont really understand why anyone would buy a RS6 and not understand to service the car properly. I dont care how poor the serivce is in your area. Work with the chaps and get the best there is.

Modding and racing the car is not servicing the car.

Oil is oil. Race cars change oil after every race.

Hello?

Dave, I don't think he has........

First service is the most important man- your warranty is absolutely f*cked..........

I would be getting a dodgy stamp saying it had been done.

cornishmoocher
June 15th, 2009, 03:01
Hehehe yup, just think about all that metal swarf washing around his engine.......Thats why the fisrt service is SOOOO important!

How much is new V10 lump then?

DHall1
June 15th, 2009, 03:10
45k euro. The whole lot is trashed...turbos and all.

Hehehe yup, just think about all that metal swarf washing around his engine.......Thats why the fisrt service is SOOOO important!

How much is new V10 lump then?

cornishmoocher
June 15th, 2009, 03:26
Holymoly.............

I am sorry but it is hard to feel sorry for this guy, well perhaps I do a bit, but jeez, how hard is an oil change?

Just plain stoopid IMHO to take that amount of risk with 90k worth of car.

I really do hope (I sincerly mean this) that it is nt terminal for the guy's car. I wish him luck.

gdavison
June 15th, 2009, 17:28
[
I really do hope (I sincerly mean this) that it is nt terminal for the guy's car. I wish him luck.

In a way and I am really sorry to say this as its a judgemental position .. I do hope it is terminal and a new engine is required.. otherwise, "tidy up and quick sell" and some unsuspecting buyer gets a lemon ......

SAF
June 15th, 2009, 20:17
25000km in an RS6 and no service is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. This car is destined for severe problems.

gdavison
July 29th, 2009, 07:28
Wonder what happened to this car ...

sallyh
July 29th, 2009, 12:18
Hi

I've always kind of wondered about this 15,000 kms first service - it is quite a long time to wait before changing the oil for the first time. My memory is a bit hazy (I never liked the car!) but I'm sure the current M5 needed an oil change at 2,000 kms, and BMW were insistent upon it? Personally, not that I know a lot, I'd adhere religiously to what the service manual says, and even take the car in a bit earlier.

Good luck!