PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear Australia - Audi RS6

trev0006
June 11th, 2009, 02:37
Top Gear Australia - Audi RS6 (http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-09/06-11-09page-Top-Gear-Australia-Audi-RS6.htm) What a monster.

DuckWingDuck
June 11th, 2009, 08:36
duplicate.

Michaël Barbé
June 12th, 2009, 07:54
I just can't believe there exists something like Top Gear Australia. The RS6 faster than the R8 and a 911? I wonder what the outcome in the real Top Gear would be. Apart from all that: LOVE the car and would not even considder that red plastic box. The RS6 looks, sounds, feels just sooo much stronger and firmer.

MB
:rs6kiss:

M3 owner
June 12th, 2009, 08:47
I just can't believe there exists something like Top Gear Australia.

What’s this supposed 2 mean?

The RS6 faster than the R8 and a 911? I wonder what the outcome in the real Top Gear would be.

R8 was tested in the rain, 911 was a brand new car with very little mileage on it & if my aunty had something she would b my uncle.

Michaël Barbé
June 13th, 2009, 08:27
What’s this supposed 2 mean?

This means that it's not original at all and that they never could be as good as the British Top Gear. Why can't they just make there own completely new car show? Kinda lame if you ask me. If you don't agree and you're from Australia you're nothing but a chauvinist.

There is nothing more to it.

MB

M3 owner
June 13th, 2009, 09:35
This means that it's not original at all and that they never could be as good as the British Top Gear.

5th Gear is pretty much a copy of Top Gear & I happen 2 think that it’s a fantastic show.If Top Gear Aus got better hosts the show would b just as good as Top Gear UK,maybe better.

Why can't they just make there own completely new car show?

They have,the shows r called “Drive” & “Full Throttle” Shall I continue 2 make u look ignorant or shall I stop? I’ll continue..... Top Gear Australia wasn’t our idea,it was the idea of BBC UK. There r spin offs in Australia,Russia & there was going 2 b 1 in the US but the cost of the show was an issue so the show was scrapped.Maybe it will b revived? The Americans here will know more about it than me so maybe they can enlighten us both.

Kinda lame if you ask me. If you don't agree and you're from Australia you're nothing but a chauvinist.

MB

We weren’t so lame & chauvinistic in ur country during WW1,were we ? U have a nice day mate.

Leadfoot
June 13th, 2009, 10:16
5th Gear is pretty much a copy of Top Gear & I happen 2 think that it’s a fantastic show.

Being a Brit who has been brought up on Topgear for the better part of 25 years I can say that no other show completes with the present day Topgear show, JC, Hamster and Capt. Slow are the most entertaining presenters and make the show as much as the cars they test.

Fifthgears approach is boring, Vikki is your usual single minded tester that looks for one thing and one thing only......excitement behind the wheel, she's solely a rwd fan and it's reflected in her opinions. Plato is another racing driver with the same opinions, likewise Tiff. The only person that approach JC, Hamster and Capt. Slow is Tom Ford.

Though as a car nut I will still watch Fifthgear every week. Well what else is there to do at 8pm on a Monday night, especially when you have kids.

Michaël Barbé
June 13th, 2009, 14:17
M3 owner, I won't even bother discussing this with you further. You're talking completely next to the point. You're obviously one of those typical guys that sign up in a forum just to make fight out of something silly. I refuse do be a part of that.

MB

June 13th, 2009, 18:31
It goes in a circle I guess, like anything in life. There are renditions of everything. If its not Idol, So You Think You Can Dance, Top Gear, 5th Gear, 6th gear, 7th gear LOL :lovl:...... end of the day, these shows are purely targeted at the enthusiast in mind. So quit the slagging on Aussies, and lets just face the facts that the whole world is one big copy cat...... yes.... yes even the Brits my friends.

And to MICHAEL BARBE, your quote below merely confirms that you yourself are one of those critical forum jockeys who like to start arguments...... get off your high horse and let people voice there opinions. I may be new to this forum, however I feel that something is needed to be voiced when people like you over step the line with slandering comments, and then try and throw the blame onto someone else. Not right I tell you.

"This means that it's not original at all and that they never could be as good as the British Top Gear. Why can't they just make there own completely new car show? Kinda lame if you ask me. If you don't agree and you're from Australia you're nothing but a chauvinist.

MB"

I guess theres always one w**ker on a forum that thrives on confrontation. :thumb:

Michaël Barbé
June 13th, 2009, 19:01
@800088: There is something you don't understand: I gave my opinion and it wasn't my set-up to hurt someone his feelings. And then M3 owner acts like I did something to his mum. And if you claim that you're not one of these criticjunkies, why do you mind business between me and M3 owner?

You don't have to aswer by the way.

MB

June 13th, 2009, 19:28
Yes very true. I need not reply to your post, however, if you read through what you have posted, you will find your words very abrupt and condescending towards MROWNER. I need not partake in your dealings with M3OWNER, however, this forum is free for all to voice their opinions, and I am merely trying to point out the fact that some of your comments were very unnecessary. End of the day, are we here to talk cars?...... or are we here to b1tch & moan like old women?........
My view is....... I signed up to talk to other RS6 owners and discuss what we are so so passionate about.

May the 6 be with you. :addict:

(http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&ei=Ne4zStK8BYz26gPEy5zHDw&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=condescending&spell=1)

Michaël Barbé
June 13th, 2009, 20:08
I signed up to talk to other RS6 owners and discuss what we are so so passionate about. (http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&ei=Ne4zStK8BYz26gPEy5zHDw&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=condescending&spell=1)

Let's do that then.

MB

M3 owner
June 14th, 2009, 00:49
Leadfoot,correct me if I am wrong but Tiff & Vikki were hosts of Top Gear before the show was axed,right ?
Most motoring journalists favour RWD,especially 1’s with a motor racing background.
My wife is absolutely clueless when it comes 2 cars,she does not even know how 2 drive a manual so I really respect women like Vicki & Sabine. I think Sabine would b a better driver than me.

800088,thanks 4 the support but don’t worry about it mate.It never ceases 2 amaze me how some Europeans thumb their noses down at us despite the fact that they have never even been 2 our country.
I was once a regular on a certain M board & had 2 put up w/ sarcastic,arrogant comments from some members 4 no reason other than the fact that I was an Aussie.Never had any problems with Americans,Middle Eastern ppl,the English & even Germans but SOME of the other Euro boys disrespected me time & time again 4 no reason other than my geographical location.Once I posted photos of my cars I had the very same jerks kissing my back side & private messaging me 4 specific photos.But I must say on a whole,most of the ppl here r very respectful 2 all nationalities. (topic closed)

Michaël Barbé
June 14th, 2009, 10:09
Leadfoot,correct me if I am wrong but Tiff & Vikki were hosts of Top Gear before the show was axed,right ?
Most motoring journalists favour RWD,especially 1’s with a motor racing background.
My wife is absolutely clueless when it comes 2 cars,she does not even know how 2 drive a manual so I really respect women like Vicki & Sabine. I think Sabine would b a better driver than me.

800088,thanks 4 the support but don’t worry about it mate.It never ceases 2 amaze me how some Europeans thumb their noses down at us despite the fact that they have never even been 2 our country.
I was once a regular on a certain M board & had 2 put up w/ sarcastic,arrogant comments from some members 4 no reason other than the fact that I was an Aussie.Never had any problems with Americans,Middle Eastern ppl,the English & even Germans but SOME of the other Euro boys disrespected me time & time again 4 no reason other than my geographical location.Once I posted photos of my cars I had the very same jerks kissing my back side & private messaging me 4 specific photos.But I must say on a whole,most of the ppl here r very respectful 2 all nationalities. (topic closed)

GODDAMN!!! Let it go! I don't have anything against Australians. I was just saying something on the show. What do I care if the show is from Australians, the French, negrows or jews! You, my man, have got some long-ass toes!

Now drop the stupid discussion. It's not my problem that you think it's about you when I comment a goddamn show. Grow up

MB

June 14th, 2009, 10:12
:addict::addict::addict::addict:

Michaël Barbé
June 14th, 2009, 11:13
:addict::addict::addict::addict:

:race:

MB

peiserg
June 14th, 2009, 15:05
Great. I didn't have a headache before I opened this thread. All the typographical errors, and ridiculous shortcuts in spelling which make the posts look extremely juvenile, gave me one.

June 14th, 2009, 15:50
We have such an array of cultures here on this forum. It is clearly ignorant of you to insinuate that everyone's first language or mother tongue is English. I was born in Australia. However my family's background is Chinese. Does that mean that if I was born in my China, and English was my second language, that you would look down on me, purely because my means of communication in English was limited? Damn..... I am a member of many forums around the world, all relating to one of my passions in life..... and that being..... Audis. It is people like you that make other foreign prospective members from joining, purely because they fear of being looked down upon by people like yourself.

It is obvious that you were not directing you comments to me, however I think it is very unfair to be judgmental on people who haven't got a full grasp on their second language.

:addict::addict::addict:

Man.... for a second there, I felt like we were getting examined by our high school teacher.

Ruergard
June 14th, 2009, 15:51
I think we can let this go now and get back to the topic. :)

June 14th, 2009, 16:12
Agreed. We are not in a perfect utopian society after all. We cant have everything can we. :lovl:

peiserg
June 15th, 2009, 05:24
Actually, I had not looked at author of each reply. Since you replied, I did bother to go back for a look see... and the worst offender, by far, was M3Owner..

Just a pet peeve of mine.. u no whut I meen? Actin az if typin like a moh-ron makes you cool. 2 tru.

Since you pointed out English isn't your primary language, I'd have to say you're doing better than most native speakers.. It's the native speakers who seem like they are in 3rd grade that grates on me.

We have such an array of cultures here on this forum. It is clearly ignorant of you to insinuate that everyone's first language or mother tongue is English. I was born in Australia. However my family's background is Chinese. Does that mean that if I was born in my China, and English was my second language, that you would look down on me, purely because my means of communication in English was limited? Damn..... I am a member of many forums around the world, all relating to one of my passions in life..... and that being..... Audis. It is people like you that make other foreign prospective members from joining, purely because they fear of being looked down upon by people like yourself.

It is obvious that you were not directing you comments to me, however I think it is very unfair to be judgmental on people who haven't got a full grasp on their second language.

:addict::addict::addict:

Man.... for a second there, I felt like we were getting examined by our high school teacher.

Erik
June 15th, 2009, 06:48
OK, I hope that was the end of it or I will start hand out warnings.

Leadfoot
June 15th, 2009, 09:11
I'm clueless as to how this turned into a pissing contest as to which country fought in the war, MB's comments didn't in my opinion suggest anything towards such a reply.

Personally I think Topgear's humorous approach to cars and reporting is the best suited to television, though I would agree a more frank approach works best in magazines.

@M3owner,

Sabrine and Vikki are two very talented women and the same is true for both Tiff and Plato but tail out driving bares not comparison to what everyone of us do on a daily basis, which is drive our cars from A to B, coping with adverse weather, difficult cambers and ever changing surfaces. Porsche's Cayman and BMW's M3 are both brilliant cars but away from such tail out tom-foolery I find Audi's cars, especially the S and RS models to offer a better overall daily package. So while the likes of these presenter with their racing background may very well prefer doing rwd cars this is my opinion holds no relevance in the real world.

M3 owner
June 15th, 2009, 10:54
I'm clueless as to how this turned into a pissing contest as to which country fought in the war, MB's comments didn't in my opinion suggest anything towards such a reply.

I ‘ve never kept it a secret that Top Gear Oz is lame but as 800088 has already stated; the comments that triggered all of this were over the line.If u were an Aussie u would have been disrespected as well.I responded 2 Michaël Barbé’s condescending post & pointed out that that he didn’t have a problem w/ Aussies when they were dropping like flies whilst trying 2 liberate his country.This isn’t slander,its historical fact.

Michaël Barbé has explained that he meant no disrespect,he clarified his initial post & wants 2 move on.As far as I am concerned,I accept his explanation,I respect him 4 clarifying himself & I have no ill feelings towards him.For what it’s worth,I apologise 2 Michaël Barbé & the Mods 4 my part in this.

Now u have a bunch of cyber bad arses coming 2 the forum talking trash.Yeah,I'm all broken up inside about ur arsinine posts,how am I going 2 sleep 2night? .... Give me a bloody break. Why doesn’t it surprise me that u can’t find anything 2 flame me w/ other than the fact that I use computer jargon? Computer jargon used on all forums/telephone text messages/emails by young,creative,computer literate ppl.U didn’t have problems w/ my abbreviations when I posted countless numbers of videos & articles 4 u.

Continue 2 throw around comments behind the safety of ur PC,I love watching ppl expose themselves 4 who they truly r on the internet.If u stood face 2 face w/ me,the words 'moron', 'idiot' whatever else wouldn't come close 2 crossing your lips,but yet get a coward on the internet, out of the reach of those he is insulting & he is very quick 2 break out slurs.

Post all the insults u want,post all the crap about me & whatnot, post whatever u want.However,when it's all said & done,I remain who I am & u remain a coward that has nothing better 2 do with ur life other than generate hate towards others u'll never meet, know/talk 2 outside of a worthless,meaningless message board on a chunk of the internet maybe a 100 people know exists.

Congratulations,hope ur proud - ur progeny (if u have any that lived through all ur inbreeding) will no doubt b proud of the legacy u have left them.

Leadfoot
June 15th, 2009, 12:26
I ‘ve never kept it a secret that Top Gear Oz is lame but as 800088 has already stated; the comments that triggered all of this were over the line.If u were an Aussie u would have been disrespected as well.I responded 2 Michaël Barbé’s condescending post & pointed out that that he didn’t have a problem w/ Aussies when they were dropping like flies whilst trying 2 liberate his country.This isn’t slander,its historical fact.

Michaël Barbé has explained that he meant no disrespect,he clarified his initial post & wants 2 move on.As far as I am concerned,I accept his explanation,I respect him 4 clarifying himself & I have no ill feelings towards him.For what it’s worth,I apologise 2 Michaël Barbé & the Mods 4 my part in this.

Now u have a bunch of cyber bad arses coming 2 the forum talking trash.Yeah,I'm all broken up inside about ur arsinine posts,how am I going 2 sleep 2night? .... Give me a bloody break. Why doesn’t it surprise me that u can’t find anything 2 flame me w/ other than the fact that I use computer jargon? Computer jargon used on all forums/telephone text messages/emails by young,creative,computer literate ppl.U didn’t have problems w/ my abbreviations when I posted countless numbers of videos & articles 4 u.

Continue 2 throw around comments behind the safety of ur PC,I love watching ppl expose themselves 4 who they truly r on the internet.If u stood face 2 face w/ me,the words 'moron', 'idiot' whatever else wouldn't come close 2 crossing your lips,but yet get a coward on the internet, out of the reach of those he is insulting & he is very quick 2 break out slurs.

Post all the insults u want,post all the crap about me & whatnot, post whatever u want.However,when it's all said & done,I remain who I am & u remain a coward that has nothing better 2 do with ur life other than generate hate towards others u'll never meet, know/talk 2 outside of a worthless,meaningless message board on a chunk of the internet maybe a 100 people know exists.

Congratulations,hope ur proud - ur progeny (if u have any that lived through all ur inbreeding) will no doubt b proud of the legacy u have left them.

Still clueless, was all of this directed at me personally or just in general? :vhmmm:

For the record I don't have a problem with anyone. Live and let live. :cheers:

Erik
June 15th, 2009, 12:41
OK, I hope that was the end of it or I will start hand out warnings.

One warning given to member "M3 owner".
And leadfoot, please keep off!

Can we go ON topic now? :eye:

Leadfoot
June 15th, 2009, 14:32
And leadfoot, please keep off!

Erik, I am heading on holiday for two weeks so I'm in a great mood, but please read my comments and see how I warrant any warning for yourself, even a slight one like this???????????????? :confused:

Erik
June 15th, 2009, 14:38
I hope you had a good holiday :) Just keep on topic and there will be no problems :)

But it seems hard...so I'm closing the thread.

Any questions please use the PM function.