PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky crooked rear

BenA
June 9th, 2009, 17:47
OK... a few random "rear end" questions for you...

1. I know this is such a minor "noise" concern relative to those "clunk in the trunk" DRC complaints... but it's like nails on a chalkboard to me. I get a squeaking from the rear end every time I go over a bump/crack in the road. I've finally pinpointed where it's coming from and it is the tire jack bracket in the trunk (doesn't matter if I velcro loose or tight). Has anyone else had this issue and resolved? I hate to spray every screw with silicone because I'll have a greasy mess back there. Thanks!

2. When I look at my RS6 from behind, the passenger side muffler hangs lower than the driver side muffler. I have the sound-enhancing exhaust package. Is this normal? Looks kinda weird.

mmaturo
June 10th, 2009, 03:28
Not normal to be uneven but mine were too. On a service trip i had the dealer service adjust them to be even.

Good news is that your squeak is not the DRC clunk/squeak as that's on the other side but you already know that. There is also the XM module up in that corner high on the wheel arch and the navigation module (if you have it) behind the jack there so check them too if anything has worked loose.

BenA
July 27th, 2009, 21:21
The squeak was coming from something that was mounted behind the bracket that holds sirius/NAV/etc. in the trunk. I can't see what it is, but it squeaks terribly when I move it. Short-term fix was to tie it tightly to the bracket so it can't wiggle until I get around to looking into it more closely.