PDA

View Full Version : What tires to get for my RS6 C5 instead of the Pirelli Rossos

June 6th, 2009, 14:44
Hey guys, I want to replace my 19" 255 35 Pirelli tires with something more grippy for all weather conditions. Something that is harder wearing as well, that I can get more miles than these Pirellis. Any suggestions on brand and model? I want grip, but also I want something that wears well, and also not too noisy. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I live in Australia, so there is not need for tires to suit icey and snow conditions.

cornishmoocher
June 6th, 2009, 16:33
GY F1 Assymetrics everytime. Stick like shit to a blanket.

hahnmgh63
June 6th, 2009, 16:59
I'm happy with the Goodyears (Eagle F1 GSD3)too. European car magazine (American mag) had a test a while back and they matched the Michelin PS2's in the dry but kicked their ass in the wet. Their was somebody on here complaining about the Goodyears as being noisy but I've got them on two cars and haven't noticed a difference, I also have the new PS2's on another car and really can't complain about them either.

cornishmoocher
June 6th, 2009, 18:44
F1's GSD3s are not avavilable over here anymore but the new Assy's are shit hot, no more road noise, stacks of grip, I have never even come close to losing it wet or dry- But then i drive very slowly.........:hahahehe:

mmaturo
June 6th, 2009, 20:47
I'm very happy on my third set of Michelin PS2s in that size. My car came with the 18" Pirellis and they were terrible in comparison to the dry performance of my PS2s. I have excellent wet traction (was really impressed by them on a wet track even) so a little surprised by comments above. I got 16K out of my last set. Would be more miles except for the RS6 camber that eats up the inner tire edges faster than the rest of it.

Skaala
June 7th, 2009, 10:22
GSD3's are some of the best tires I have ever used. Both on the RS2 and A8. I ran them on the RS2 on the Nordschleife, and was amazed how well they coped with continius thrashing :)

SapporoRS6
June 7th, 2009, 12:47
In my experience of R34 GT-R, Bridgestone RE-11 would give you the best grip under dry condition. I am satisfied with its performance even in rainy days. If you want performance under heavy-wet condition as well as dry, RE-050 maybe suitable. As you know, Bridgestone is the official tire supplier for F1...:thumb:

Have a good choice and fun drive!

Hy Octane
June 7th, 2009, 17:57
The new Pirelli P Zero is great in your size as is the PS2..