PDA

View Full Version : One year of Happiness!

KfabR8
June 5th, 2009, 17:08
Today marks the one year anniversary of owning my R8. What a FABULOUS YEAR IT'S BEEN!!! :incar:

I use the car as my daily driver when my kids aren't in the house and 25,000 miles later, I'm just as in love with it as the day I drove it off the lot. :R8kiss:

It started with an 1800 mile drive from Houston to the Cincinnati area and has proceeded to take more trips and get driven on a very constant basis through it's short life:
A trip to the East Coast
Two trips to Las Vegas
Three sets of tires
Addition of carbon goodies, Dymags, euro tail lights, the removal of all that nasty chrome stuff (except the Quattro badge on the grill) - Thank you Rich and OEMpl.us.

Yea, this is the car for me.

It replaced the second most disliked vehicle I've ever owned* and has been the most fun, most enjoyable vehicle I've ever owned.

So to all of you that own an R8, may you enjoy it as much as I have. :cheers:

http://www.yellowdogracing.com/audi/DSC01412t.JPG

And to those of you that have an R8 that sits in your garage, doing absolutely nothing (egad, someone might get too close to it, breath it's air, drool on it - like the guy in Cincinnati that purchased the first one from a local dealership - it has a whopping 500 miles on it. He won't let his wife or son even sit it it. Why have it?), please get out and enjoy your car. It's a real shame to have such a great beast and not use it like it should be. :brag:

*Porsche Cayenne Turbo - God I hated that machine :eye:- almost as much as that pile of shit 1984 Ford Ranger that I had.

RXBG
June 5th, 2009, 17:25
that last bit about the porsche made me LOL.

mine is a year and 3 months old. with a baby girl too little to sit in it i have one less excuse to take it out. can't drive it to work- i am a physician and our parking is out for everyone to see. so mine has 12K and change, but i love it as much as you do yours. almost ready for new rubber.

mine visits a local cigar bar frequently, and sees a back road every weekend for rounding duty at the hospital. drove it to miami- most comfortable drive there i've ever undertaken- and this includes luxury sedans and the range rover.

and it does attention stealing duty from astons, lambos, ferraris, and porsches every few weeks at a local meet i attend. life would certainly be more interesting with this car were i single.... but hey, why look on the other side of the fence when this side is green and sunny too!

glad to hear you're bonafide Kfab!!!!!!! i'm out there with ya.

:cheers:

Ruergard
June 5th, 2009, 18:43
Congratulations to both of you!

That's how owning a car should be! :D

Benman
June 5th, 2009, 20:41
Congratulations to both of you!

That's how owning a car should be! :D

Ditto that.

reminds me of my feelings (still current) of my first year with the Beast. :D These cars are meant to enjoy and it is good to see owners getting proper use of of them! :cheers:

Ben:addict:

KfabR8
June 5th, 2009, 22:18
:doh: Doh!

That's supposed to say 24,000 miles, not 25K. Fat fingered that one.

24,194 to be exact.

R8 England
June 6th, 2009, 23:16
Congratulations Kfabr8,

I had mine for over a year and enjoyed every single minute of it.

It was sold at the begining of the year and is sorely missed. Crazy thing, its "just" a car. But is it ? Somehow, it seems more.

Anyway, pick up my V10 on Monday, so happy days will be here again very soon

Ruergard
June 7th, 2009, 10:09
Anyway, pick up my V10 on Monday, so happy days will be here again very soon

Congratulations!

Don't forget the pics! :thumb:

kju
June 7th, 2009, 16:20
hey kfab, the R8 is quite a machine :)

Why was the Cayenne Turbo so awful ? Maybe you could tell a little bit about it.

KfabR8
June 7th, 2009, 23:58
There were loads of little picky things about the Porsche that drove me insane. Trying to do anything with the radio was like trying to operate a Vista powered computer - too many steps to do something simple. The intermittent wipers were a total problem, just a bunch of little issues. Couldn't tell any difference on the three suspension settings...

The vehicle did it's job exceptionally well. Handled well for a 5K lb vehicle, was very quick, quiet, etc, it's just that it's personality and mine did not fit. It's a glorified Soccer Mom car. It's a big assed mini-van that got absolutely crappy fuel mileage.

I do miss the navigation system. It pretty much kicked the R8's in the teeth. Much better mapping and routing. I also really miss the panoramic sunroof - there was something really nice about being able to pretty much just open up the entire roof and I miss having a window above my head in the R8.

What it all boiled down to was that it and I just shouldn't have been made a team. I hated that car and still scoff in discuss at them when I see them.

PeterH
June 9th, 2009, 21:42
I took my R8 out to the track for its 1st birthday. That was one the better ideas I have had. What a blast! Been back twice since, and have 3 more days planned this summer.