PDA

View Full Version : How many 'beasts' are on the board? Audi RS6

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Klint
August 16th, 2003, 19:34
Hi,

Having seen a similar count of cars on other forums. I thought I would set one up over here.

If you have a RS6, you can post the Colours, Options, Date of delivery and a picture to contribute to a kind of database of the number of RS6s out there.

Thanks!

:cheers:

peterb
August 16th, 2003, 20:40
I'm not sure how helpful it is to post lists of options. Something which is standard in one market may be an option in another market and not available at all in a third market. Eg, Nav+ is standard in UK, an option in the rest of Europe and not available in the States. I've heard it said that folding rear seats are not available in the US, whereas they are standard in the UK on both Avant and Saloon models.

peterb
August 16th, 2003, 21:21
Okay, here's mine:

RS6 Avant, Daytona Grey, Silver interior.

Standard UK spec with the following factory-fitted options - 18" wheels, rear side airbags, Alcantara centre panels, Poplar Wood trim, reversible luggage mat.

I took deliver on 20th May, since then I have - debadged it, fitted a PhatBox, Road Pilot (with radar head) and an LRC100.

nene
August 17th, 2003, 02:14
This is Nelson from Boston, MA (USA).

Exterior Color: Daytona Gray Pearl Effect

Interior Color: Silver Interior

Delivery Date: July 17th, 2003

Options: RNS-E Navigation, Warm Weather Package, Sound Enhancing Exhaust, Rear Side Airbag Supplement Restraints, Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, Lojack with Early Warning Detection, Audo Bahnd (available at my dealership and now removed), In-Tire (available at my dealership), European Tail Housings, RS6+ Pedals, 40% Tint, Front Clear Corner mod, 5400K Xenon Bulbs, 19" Volk Racing LE37T, Europen Mirror Glass, Valentine 1 Radar (hardwired with Toy Guy remote display), XM-Radio.

Picture:
http://home.comcast.net/~nelson.paiva/img/nene_rs6_1.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~nelson.paiva/img/ifFlux4.jpg

2005-2007
http://home.comcast.net/~nelson.paiva/img/volks2lg.jpg

2008 - Present
http://home.comcast.net/~nelson.paiva/img/HRE4_s.jpg

Winter Setup
http://home.comcast.net/~nelson.paiva/img/ctownprogressivete3sm.jpg

2manycars
August 17th, 2003, 03:26
To add mine-

Daytona/black-Rear airbags, summer package, special(extra loud?) exhaust, carbon fiber.

Picked up early this month (August)

TheBrit
August 17th, 2003, 13:25
Standard UK spec Mugello Blue with black leather, took delivery on 19th Dec 2002.
http://www.dlinternet.co.uk/chris/rs6/mm/Dsc00089.jpg

Klint
August 17th, 2003, 16:15
Great RS6s people!

I forgot to add. Just as reminder, if your going to post pictures I suggest the plate is blocked out for privacy and/or protection.

Keep them coming :D

Benman
August 26th, 2003, 16:27
you can now count me in!!!

Daytona Grey, Ebony intereior, sport exhaust, warm weather

Ben:addict: :addict:

gmbh6
August 26th, 2003, 17:14
will have better pictures at a later date...

mugello blue
black interior
fully loaded

july delivery

jimmy94507
August 26th, 2003, 20:40
Avus Silver, Ebony, Rear side air bags, warm weather package.
Delivery on 8/7/03. Added clear bra (Xpel RS 6 full kit and lights + side sills, fender arches and top of rear bumper)

Regards, Jim

BBGT2
August 26th, 2003, 22:58
I'm in :addict:

U.S Spec RS 6, Muegello Blue, carbon, sport exhaust. Thats all I needed and wanted less options to weigh her down, dont care about the resale I will never sell her she is mine forever mine all mine I tell ya. Wheww these cars are something else:cheers:
Sorry for the quality I need to get another digital camera ad stop scanning.

BBGT2
August 26th, 2003, 23:07
Hey Jimmy,

Question for you that "Xpel" is that the clear bra kind of a deal they install on front ends, if so you got a website for them or phone I am considering it depending on what it looks like. How do you like yours.
Guys sorry for the off topic question but I had to ask.

Bajo:addict:

Rally
August 26th, 2003, 23:35
Another Daytona for the mix...

Carbon, rear bags and sound enhancing exhaust.
I didn't order navigation in hopes it wouldn't have the shark fin antenna. Oh well, you win some and you lose some.

http://images4.fotki.com/v43/photos/1/122674/454217/Picture192-vi.jpg

jimmy94507
August 27th, 2003, 01:45
Bajo,

Yes, Xpel uses a clear film (3M) in their kits.
http://www.xpel.com/
Go to "Shop" and you'll find it as 2003 RS6 They have a search to find an installer in your area.

See the thread: "Clear paint protection for RS6" for more on the topic. Or, email me. (jimmy94507@earthlink.net)

Regards, Jim

BBGT2
August 27th, 2003, 04:40
Jimmy:cheers:

Thank you very much for the info I will look into it.

Bajo:addict:

GmbHouse
August 27th, 2003, 19:51
Daytona Grey, Ebony, Nav., Airbags, Exhaust, 3M bra, Huper Optiks window tint.

Klint
August 27th, 2003, 23:05
Okay, at the latest count. We have: (Not including the differences between markets)

Ten RS6s on the board of which: One is an Avant while the other nine are saloons. Six of those are Daytona Grey with Mugello Blue second, having three counts in it’s favour and only one Avus Silver RS6. Ebony appears to be the most popular interior colour for RS6 owners.

At first glance the favourite (factory) options/Specs for RS6 buyers are: (Not in order)

Sports Exhaust or the Sound enhancing exhaust. Rear side airbags and the Carbon interior also appears to be a popular spec for RS6 buyers.

Keep them coming!

P.S If I ever get round to doing a tally of the certain spec of each vehicle...I'll produce a kind of chart or the favourites or the favourites. I.E Interior colours vs each other, Exterior colours Vs each other same thing with options. This will then hopefully determine what the best all round options and colours (Int and Ext) would be for the RS6. That's of course...If I get round to it..:hmm:

eph94
August 28th, 2003, 00:42
Another Avus silver here, except I got the silver interior. For options, I have rear side airbags and NAV.

RS6FEVR
August 28th, 2003, 16:20
:cheers: ALL

Okay, U.S. spec misano red with silver interior, carbon fiber trim, sound enhanced exhaust, nav, solar warm weather package. Came with Dunlops (not too bad a tire overall so far). :D :D

:addict: FEVR :addict:

jimmy94507
August 28th, 2003, 16:38
FEVR,

I sent a couple of e-mails but they bounced. Do you have a new e-mail address?

Regards, Jim

BBGT2
August 29th, 2003, 05:41
FEVR,:cheers:

When are we gonna see a picture of the Chicago Misano red devil? Or is it that you are having too much fun to actually stop and take a picture.:cheers:

Bajo :addict:

Great post let keep going, where is Icon's pic. Mr Fruty pants etc.

RS6FEVR
August 29th, 2003, 16:18
:cheers: Bajo

I'm definitely still smiling and experiencing that "magnetic" attraction to try and do everything in the beast with the slightest excuse! You too, right! Hit 1000 last nite, so she's ready to rock and roll as needed! Had a nice run with a beautifu yellow turbo GT2 who, not for lack of trying, didn't just get up and walk away. Kind of smiled when we got to the next light and I was still in his rear view. :D

I'll make my best attempt to summon my amateur talent and actually get some decent pictures this weekend. Gotta get another coat of Z2 on the baby this afternoon and make her more presentable. :p

Next time you talk to your dealer, could you find out how many misano red he ordered? Seems like I'm the only one at Schaumburg Audi. I've gotten some very nice comments from "car" guys about the color. There are so many great attributes in this car, but braking is right up there with the best of them. Totally awe struck with their efficiency - WOW! :race:

Finnus
August 29th, 2003, 16:46
Here's my Beast's specs & pic:

Exterior Color: Muguello Blue
Interior Color: Silver Interior
Options: Navigation, Sound Enhancing Exhaust, Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
Delivery Date: July 15th, 2003

http://www.audiworld.com/news/03/neaudi/nea-header1.jpg

Finnus

:addict: :addict: :addict:

Bauer
August 29th, 2003, 17:16
O.K. heres one more with pictures to follow.....I am having too much fun to stop and take them.

Exterior Color: Ebony
Interior Color: Ebony
Nav, Sound enhancing exhaust, Warm weather, Carbon fiber, Rear side airbags, (phone and Xm on back order)
Xpel 3M clear bra (thanks for the contact Jim)

Bauer

03 RS6
01 S8
92 S4:incar:

MileHighRS6
August 31st, 2003, 03:10
I just picked up my RS6 last night. I had to drive 150 miles back home, over two mountain passes, alitude of 11,000 feet. Climbed each pass at 80 mph plus, in a down pour, like the mountains where not even there!!!! Daytona Gray, Ebony Interior, Warm Package, Exhaust, Rear Airbags.

TheBrit
August 31st, 2003, 16:56
Originally posted by MileHighRS6
I just picked up my RS6 last night.
Welcome & congrats on the RS 6! :)

Alex K
September 2nd, 2003, 11:38
Just to add another Avant to the stats:

Exterior: Siena Red II (custom)
Interior: Silver with aluminum trim
19" wheels, Nav+TV
delivered: May, 2

Benman
September 2nd, 2003, 17:30
Originally posted by MileHighRS6
I just picked up my RS6 last night. I had to drive 150 miles back home, over two mountain passes, alitude of 11,000 feet. Climbed each pass at 80 mph plus, in a down pour, like the mountains where not even there!!!! Daytona Gray, Ebony Interior, Warm Package, Exhaust, Rear Airbags.
welcome:cheers: nice to hear you already are putting quattro to good use!

Ben:addict:

AvusRS6
September 3rd, 2003, 01:21
Avus Silver, took deliver July 18. So far, I have O.CT Chip, Miltek Exhaust, Stratmosphere D/V, 19X8.5 BBS LM, changed tail lights to 2000 A6 Tails (can't stand the yellow) and trying to figure out how to either get Euro lights or get the front yellow taken out.

I have NAV, CF Trim, Sport Exhaust (no longer have it) and Sirius SAT receiver.

Mal
September 3rd, 2003, 07:37
I have had my misano avant since march. It has carbon interior, rear side airbags, 19" wheels and dark trim.

The most amazing thing is that I still have my Licence!:addict:

avdh
September 3rd, 2003, 11:44
Originally posted by AvusRS6
Stratmosphere D/V,

Is that the Hyperboost DV?

I'm looking at getting a pair for the RS6 and the adjustable model for the S3.

Any comments?

Patrick M
September 3rd, 2003, 13:59
I'm leaving to pick her up after this post - Datona Grey, Silver interior, exhaust, delivered with PZeros.

Will post photos later.

I'm off!!!

Benman
September 3rd, 2003, 14:40
Originally posted by Patrick M
I'm leaving to pick her up after this post - Datona Grey, Silver interior, exhaust, delivered with PZeros.

Will post photos later.

I'm off!!!
Congratulations:cheers: One more RS 6 owner for this thread!:cheers:

RS6FEVR
September 3rd, 2003, 16:02
:cheers: and Congrats Patrick M :D :D

What a great day you'll be having. Welcome and I'll look forward to impressions and photo's of the beast.

midmissouri
September 3rd, 2003, 17:50
Sedan, ebony with silver, all the options except Nav. Took delivery August 22nd.:addict:

Bauer
September 3rd, 2003, 18:22
Midmissouri,

Welcome aboard and have fun with the new car I know I do.

PatrickM-

Picking up the RS6 and starting it for the first time is probably one of the best feelings. Have fun:incar:

Bauer

03 RS6
01 S8
92 S4

Erik
September 3rd, 2003, 19:04
All new owners and members are very welcome!

I hope you'll have a nice time and learn (and teach others) more about your cars!

If you have any special ideas etc. about how to improve this website please let me know either via pm or e-mail.

:addict:

btumble
September 3rd, 2003, 19:48
Add me to the Daytona Greys: black interior, rear side airbags.

Just passed the 1K mark - let the fun begin!!!:incar:

Kyle
September 3rd, 2003, 22:25
http://kyle-bailey.com/km-rs6.jpg

RS6FEVR
September 4th, 2003, 15:12
:cheers: Kyle and congratulations

That's a great, great color. I'm presuming that's the original misano or did you specify an upgraded color? In any event, hope you're having as much fun with yours as I'm having with mine. May it treat you with superiority and fun.

Snow
September 4th, 2003, 20:29
I can see the look on Kyle's face (if that's you in the picture):
"Take the damn photo!! I wanna DRIVE!!!" :hihi:

:addict: :cheers:

RS6=RS Sick!!!!
September 5th, 2003, 06:05
Daytona Grey ebony,exhaust system and nav, bought last thurs from dealer..was very lucky to get it...455 miles and have not seen rpm guage past 3.5 k yet but soon...oh boy:cheers:

avdh
September 5th, 2003, 07:23
RS6=RS Sick

Does sick in the US means great?

Not all of us outside the US know that. At first I thought you forum name meant you car was sick :confused:

eph94
September 5th, 2003, 07:49
Originally posted by avdh
RS6=RS Sick

Does sick in the US means great?

Not all of us outside the US know that. At first I thought you forum name meant you car was sick :confused:

You're instincts are correct. In this case, sick means awesome! "Dude, that car is SICK!" the surfer boy said in admiration. :)

Congrats RS Sick!! Unfortunately for me, I've hit 5K several times and 6K once in my first 500 miles. :vsad: It just gets up there too quickly!!

Bauer
September 5th, 2003, 16:37
RS=RS sick,

Congrats on the new car...where did you pick yours up from I live in the Bay Area as well? Enjoy the car to its fullist......and wait until you get past break in.....it is a blast.

Bauer
03 RS6
01 S8
92 S4

Kyle
September 8th, 2003, 02:48
Originally posted by Snow
I can see the look on Kyle's face (if that's you in the picture):
"Take the damn photo!! I wanna DRIVE!!!" :hihi:

:addict: :cheers:

Yep, you hit the nail on the head with that one. The delivery process seemed to take FOREVER when all I wanted to do was get that baby on the road. (and yes, that is my wife, Michele, and me in the picture)

RS6FEVR : Thanks for the compliment on the color. Yes, it is Misano Red.

luckylady
September 8th, 2003, 16:50
thought it was high time I responded to this post...

Daytona Gray, silver interior, sound enhanced exhaust system.

:addict: :addict: :addict: :addict:

sturs6
September 14th, 2003, 01:57
I just picked up my "beast" this afternoon. I tell you this thing is so much more than I imagened the dealer (Audi of Charlotte) would not allow test drives so I bought it anyway.
For the record it is Mugello Blue with white interior (or a shade there of) Nav, exhaust, warm weather package, and I am going to try and find the 19's from Europe.
I look forward to chatting to you guys about the car.
Will add pictures once the sun rises again.

Finnus
September 14th, 2003, 12:19
Sturs,

Congratulations & smart decision!!! (not just on the car, but on the colors as well. LOL) Welcome to the "club". Have patience with the break-in period ...

Finnus :cheers:

Benman
September 15th, 2003, 14:59
Sturs6:cheers:

welcome and enjoy!!! (it won't be hard. Just hard to wait for break in to be over with!)

Bauer
September 15th, 2003, 16:32
Sturs6,

Congrats on the new RS6 and a very good decission I must say. I hope you enjoy the car to its fullist(after break in of course). :cheers:

Bnew
September 16th, 2003, 17:55
Hello
This is Przemek from Poland

So here is the Beast :addict:

RS6 Avant, Daytona Grey, Silver interior

Standard German spec with TV/Nav

No speed limit :devil:

Delivery date: December 2002

Thanks to Erik for help

Benman
September 16th, 2003, 20:21
very nice Bnew. Daytona Avant, the way to go:cheers:

Audi Addict
September 17th, 2003, 04:48
Awesome ride!!! Wish they would bring the Avant to the USA.

RS6=RS Sick!!!!
September 17th, 2003, 23:56
bought from stevens creek audi:addict:

dabull
September 19th, 2003, 08:59
Daytona Grey, Ebony interior, XM radio, Motorola V60i Cell, and XPEL Paint protectant full application.:addict:

tpappas
September 19th, 2003, 21:03
I am another Daytona Grey - ordered the car over a year ago, took delivery of car in mid August from Clair Audi Boston, MA. Got all the options, except Warm Weather Package. Disappointed with NAV - thought it would be the Euro-style shown in the Geneva show car. One note to make to the group, this motor is hand built and broken in on a dyno (just like a proper race motor), so no need for "break in" with the exception of sustained top speed runs - not a problem in the US. This info comes straight from Quattro, so let 'em rip!

Finnus
September 20th, 2003, 13:24
this motor is hand built and broken in on a dyno (just like a proper race motor), so no need for "break in"

Thats what I was told also, but the manual outlines a break-in period and most of us have erred on the conservative side following it. Want to give the Beast every advantage in its new life ...

Finnus

coopsrs6
September 27th, 2003, 19:10
October delivery daytona silver bags tips shades solar?roof from University.

Bauer
September 27th, 2003, 20:12
Coop,

Welcome aboard!!!! Let us know when you take delivery, would love to hear you impression of the Beast!!. I am at 3200 miles and loving every minute of it. I will just go drive sometimes, with no where to go except bliss.

Finnus
September 28th, 2003, 12:23
I am another Daytona Grey - ordered the car over a year ago, took delivery of car in mid August from Clair Audi Boston, MA.

TPappas,

BTW, welcome to the forum! Are you a member of BAG (Boston Audi Group) & will you be coming to the RS6 meet enxt Sunday?

Finnus

ARS4
September 29th, 2003, 10:23
I'm Andrea, form Italy

RS6 Avant
Blue Mugello
Silver Interior
Delivery Date: 1/10/2003

Options: 19" Wheels, Reversible mat for luggage compartment, Navigation, TV, GSM Mobile Telephone preparation, Isofix.

I'll mail some picture asap!

See you. Bye.

Benman
September 29th, 2003, 14:46
coopsrs6 & ARS4 :cheers:

welcome and enjoy. I know i am:D

k2
September 29th, 2003, 20:20
My girlfriend named her already ... sassy but classy as she says ... whatever.

Black on Black
Nav
Airbags
Sport Exhaust
(just ordered Audi 19s)

Don't want to start a post on break-in, but with 150 miles I've been thru every gear with a different RPM profile. An educated friend who works for APR Tuning believes (an opinion, but educated for sure ... MME from GTech) that one should drive the car like you will drive it years from now ... most important let it warm up and cool down ... but in between ... let her run where she's comfortable. This car is unreal and that says alot coming from a '02 - 996 Turbo.

I will have to tint my windows so I don't get so many looks from the huge grin on my face

K2:D

Benman
September 30th, 2003, 01:53
k2, Welcome :cheers:
That's some high praise from a 996 owner, but then most of us knew these Beasts were something special despite all the garbage being slung around on audiworld. Enjoy:D

GoFastKindaGuy
October 1st, 2003, 01:11
Oops, I guess I never did post here...
Here is my current German litter:

GoFastKindaGuy
October 1st, 2003, 01:14
Dang. Where did the picture go? Try again...

Benman
October 1st, 2003, 05:32
DANG Go Fast!!! You sure live up to your name!:cheers:

RS6FEVR
October 1st, 2003, 15:47
Lookin good GoFast, fine looking stable!!! :cheers: :cheers:

:addict: FEVR :cheers:

Erik
October 1st, 2003, 15:57
Nice cars GoFast...hous looks very nice as well.

Any pics of your boats? :D

sturs6
October 2nd, 2003, 03:21
I have finally slowed down enough to take some pictures. I now have 1400 miles on the "Beast".:addict:

sturs6
October 2nd, 2003, 03:26
Here is a different ( Favorite) Angle...

coopsrs6
October 2nd, 2003, 04:14
Still waiting here for delivery? Dealer told me factory did final checks 09/15/03---However RS6 milestone @ #5 today! How loud is exhaust in cabin @ freeway speeds--60+ @ steady throttle? I have the S8 in shop too often--hope RS6 is a little tighter specs.

Bauer
October 2nd, 2003, 16:52
Cooprs6,

I have the sound enhancing exhaust on my RS6 and at crusing speeds its a nice low muffled sound, but when you open it up, thats a different story. Its a wounderfuly addictive sound:cheers:

P.S. sorry to hear about your S8 having problems......my has been trouble free with 47k on it. With the exception of a break noise which was fixed by dealer with newly designed rotors and a set of porsche break pads.

Bauer
October 14th, 2003, 18:18
O.K. I finally got off my lazy@ss and got this done with the help of my brother in law(better digital camera then mine) and Erik(I am not very computer savvy didn't know how to compress file size). Thanks guys!

The 1992 S4 is now in the hands of my brother in law but I thought I would include it anyway. The car will be greatly missed but I wrote in visitation rights in to the bill of sale:D

Bauer
October 14th, 2003, 18:19
2nd pic

Bauer
October 14th, 2003, 18:20
3rd pic

Bauer
October 14th, 2003, 18:22
and last pic and yes those are Audi flags behind the cars.:addict:

Erik
October 14th, 2003, 18:25
LOL! Bauer, you could have used the links I sent you and cut+paste in the links into the IMG tag instead of saving them to disk and inserting them again.
That way you could have inserted all the pics into one post.
But never mind, no need to redo it :D

Here are the links btw.
http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/Bauer-1.jpg
http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/Bauer-2.jpg
http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/Bauer-3.jpg
http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/Bauer-4.jpg

Bauer
October 14th, 2003, 18:27
See what I mean NOT tech savvy!!!!!:confused: :D

k2
October 14th, 2003, 20:52
Sweet ... a stable of thoroughbreds and no mucking of stalls ... just wondering ... does your dealer only sell black cars?

I have the Ebony/Ebony combo ... love it !!!

Benman
October 14th, 2003, 21:12
Nice to see your stable. All S Line (and the obvious RS!):cheers:

Bauer
October 14th, 2003, 21:31
k2-

I know I have kind of a problem.....I only like (in most cases) black and silver.

Klint
October 14th, 2003, 21:47
Bauer,

Those are real Nice and I like the observation of them being all black..:hihi:

Nice to see some kind of Audi trademark design evolution (Long phrase eh?) :D

Thanks for getting off your arse and getting those pictures for us! ;)

iconcls
October 16th, 2003, 21:08
Bauer,

That is awesome, another man with a fine Audi pedigree and all black, way cool.

Klint
October 18th, 2003, 13:55
Okay here is the count so far, with the information given.

I haven't been able to include such items when "all options" as such has been stated due to the different markets, but here is a brief outline of things on the RS6, owners and the messagebaord. :D

Keep them coming!

Favourite RS6 Form: 27 Saloons vs 5 Avants.
Favourite Exterior Colour: 15 Daytona Greys vs 6 Mugello Blues vs 4 Avus Silvers vs 3 Ebony Blacks and Misano Reds vs 1 Audi Exclusive Colour.
Favourite Interior Colour: 12 Black Interiors vs 10 Silvers.
Favourite Interior: 21 Carbon Interiors vs 3 Aluminuim vs 1 Poplar Wood
Favourite Options: 18 Sound enhanced Exhausts vs 14 NAVs vs 13 Rear Airbag vs 9 Warm Weather Packages vs 3 Alloy Options vs 2 Safety Net and phones vs 1 drilled Brake discs, Sunroof, rear window blind, Audi Exclusive Anthracite and ISOFIX.

Don't forget, this is by the direct information posted in this thread. If I knew all the specs of every RS6 in every market, I would of been able to produce a pie chart, but I don't. :)

TaTaPiRaTa
October 22nd, 2003, 17:33
'02 RS6 Avant, Daytona Grey, Black Interior + Nature leather option & Alcantara headlining, Carbon Interior, NAVIPlus, Rear Airbags, Body coloured door mirrors, Twin pane heat and UV light insulating glass, Safety Net, Electrically adjustable steering column, Rear window blind, stock 255/40R18 plus additional winter wheels 225/45x18.

Now looking for some good tuning :addict:

rs6w
October 25th, 2003, 06:08
US Spec RS6 sedan
Daytona Gray
Silver Interior
Sound Enhancing Exhaust
NAV
Rear airbags.

TexasWhiteRS6
October 25th, 2003, 19:54
Picked up my RS6 yesterday. It is incredible.

Polar White
Silver Leather
Warm Weather Package.

sturs6
October 25th, 2003, 20:55
Welcome to the family Texas... I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine... I am sure you will

quattroboy
October 30th, 2003, 02:30
Hello fellow rs6'ers!

I have been following this forum for a while, and got my mugello blue rocketship about 3 weeks ago from Sonnen Audi in Marin. Only option was the sound enhancing exhaust, although I'm having a phatbox added right now. Interior is black, poplar wood not carbon fiber. I've owned a succession of quattros, from A4's to A8's, it started back in '89 with a silver/chocolate ur quattro, which had been federalized from Canada, and had the cool euro bumpers. it was a cool car at the time, but Audi has sure come a looong way! The real world performance of the RS6 is staggering, as you all well know.

One of these days I'll scan in a couple of pictures I have of my (sold in '95) ur-quattro to bring back some memories. Keep up the great work of mutual support, and I'll report on my phatbox experience.

Benman
October 30th, 2003, 03:23
TexasWhite and quattroboy:cheers: ,

Welcome and congrats. I already KNOW you're enjoying your cars so i don't need to ask. Some pics though would be nice.

Bauer
October 30th, 2003, 16:33
Texaswhite and quattroboy,

Welcome aboard, I look forward to pictures and stories from both of you.

quattroboy-looks like there are three of us in the eastbay one in Marin and one in the south bay. How did you hear about the board...I saw a Bule RS6 in Emeryvill about three weeks ago and put a note on the windshield....was that you?:cheers:

quattroboy
October 30th, 2003, 18:04
Bauer

Maybe there are more of us than you think in the east bay...I actually work in Livermore, and have twice seen an avus silver RS6 here in town, seemingly whoever drives it works at or near the Lawrence Livermore Lab. Regarding your "note" comment, I do occasionally stop in Emeryville, but I don't remember a note on windshield, and can't recall stopping while in the RS6, so maybe there is yet another of us lurking in the area. Sonnen Audi recently sold a couple more RS6's, one ebony and one gray, I believe. Rumors are that one of the buyers is looking hard at chipping his car.

One of these days we should organize a Bay Area meet! My salesman at the dealersip (an SCCA member) claims he can get me/us on the track at Thunderhill for a day of instruction/play for $195-I'll press him for details as I work the phatnoisy thing per my other thread.

BTW, I also believe Livermore Audi has an ebony RS6 for sale, although I haven't been by in the last couple of weeks. :cheers:

Bauer
October 30th, 2003, 18:25
quattroboy-

I will send you a privet message....just go to the user cp to get it

oregonbob
November 6th, 2003, 00:38
Yikes!!! This is a long thread. I just read it.

I have an ebony black RS6 sedan (US spec), silver interior, sound enhancing exhaust, carbon fiber, nav and rear air bags. Windows are tinted to 38% transmission and clear bra installed.

The two Labrador Retrievers don't get to ride in it.

Bob

Benman
November 7th, 2003, 04:26
Originally posted by oregonbob
The two Labrador Retrievers don't get to ride in it.

Bob
That's why we needed the Avant brought over here:D .:cheers:

oregonbob
November 7th, 2003, 12:09
Originally posted by Benman
That's why we needed the Avant brought over here:D .:cheers:

You're absolutely right. I would have bought one if it was available.

Bob

Bauer
November 7th, 2003, 16:14
Those are two great looking labradors.......oh yeah and nice color on the RS6:D :D

I actually love the labs my wife and I are considering getting one.

Enjoy the RS6 and the labs

Alan
November 7th, 2003, 18:21
Mugello Blue/black interior
sound enhance pkg
cold weather pkg
carbon fiber
XM radio
NAV system
V1

3000 miles in 2 months
no problems (need a "knock wood" emoticon)
lots of smiles
lots of unexpected attention
no tickets (really need a "knock wood" emoticon)

ksurg
November 8th, 2003, 04:28
It takes awhile to find other RS-6 owners even on the net. Can you imagine if you question was how many M5 owners are out there! Well my RS-6 is on the boat and scheduled to arrive in early 12/03. It's ebony pearl with nav, solar panel, carbon fiber and enhanced exhaust. Can't wait!

sturs6
November 8th, 2003, 12:55
ksurg,
Good to have you join us. Looks like you are going to be getting one of the last RS6's to reach American soil. I know once you get the car you will love it it is one awesome ride. I have about 3800 miles and am really learning alot about this car and loving it more and more. Be patient with your break in period and enjoy the slow pace foe a while because after break in you will be flying low everywhere you go.

Kiwi RS6
November 10th, 2003, 07:48
HI,

Finally took possession of my RS6 :D

Mugello Blue/ Black interior
Recaro seats, sunroof, carbon fibre
18" 9 spoke wheels
Std exhaust

Did about 300 km's yesterday, albeit gently. Overtaking is SO easy :addict: This is addictive.

Feels much smaller than my A6 4.2, just so much tighter with no roll.

Picture attached and couple more to come.

Note the towbar - custom made to factory specs. Just for taking the boat to the ramp and home again.

Erik
November 10th, 2003, 09:39
More pics of kiwi RS6's car.

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/kiwi-RS6-1.jpg

The view is of Rangitoto Island in the Auckland Harbour, ex home of the America's Cup

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/kiwi-RS6-2.jpg

If you have pics of your car that are too big to attach please send them to erikb@rs6.com and I'll help you.

Klint
November 10th, 2003, 12:57
Very Nice indeed! :addict:

I see you have a towbar (Towhook), I don't think anyone else on the board has one attached to the RS6. :confused:

Lovely car none the less! :D

Bauer
November 10th, 2003, 16:20
Ksurg and Kiwi RS6-

Welcome aboard!!!!!

Ksurg- it looks like there are about 5 of us in Nor Cal on this board
Let us know when the beast is in your hands!!!

Kiwi- Cool tow set up....see the RS6 is practical too

Kiwi RS6
November 12th, 2003, 08:08
For those who are interested, the towbar unit is removable as well. I left it on for the photos.

ellwer
November 13th, 2003, 01:47
Hi all,
I just picked up my Avus RS 6 last week. My local dealer called me when the person who had the allocation bailed at the last minute. All I can say is DAMN ! I love this car. I'm going to get rid of my Boxster S, as it now seems like a toy in comparison. Also, the RS 6 is more practical for this part of the country (upstate NY) and our less than ideal weather.
For the record:

Avus RS 6
Silver interior
Carbon fiber interior
Enhanced exhaust

Ellwer

sturs6
November 13th, 2003, 02:14
Welcome Ellwer,
Be patient with the break-in period and enjoy the slow times... then you will be ready to fly.
Stuart

Bauer
November 13th, 2003, 17:05
Ellwer,

Congrats on the new car...and I know patience on the break in is hard but well worth it. I liken the RS6 to a "practical 993 TT" because its almost as fast and can fit four people:cheers:

avanti
November 17th, 2003, 02:48
Hi,

I just picked up my RS6 last week. Best description: "Tight, Fast and Addictive"!

Lake Silver Exterior
Ebony Interior
Nav
Carbon Fiber
Enhanced Exhaust
Rear Air Bags
PhatNoise Sound System

Bauer
November 17th, 2003, 03:01
Avanti-

Welcome aboard and beautiful color.:cheers:

gnomik007
November 28th, 2003, 10:10
Hi people.I thought I would post my baby here as well.Its a full spec Mugello Blue car with NAV,19 rims,Solar roof etc. When I got it it was the first specimen of new RS car in Russia,Moscow. I put milltek exhaust on it and Sportec chip for engine and tiptronic and very looking forward to putting more power under the bonnet.
All I can say is that I absolutely love the car and cant wait to see what the next one is gonna be.
http://www.streetracing.ru/RaceGalery/29/18.jpg

Klint
November 28th, 2003, 11:19
Originally posted by gnomik007
LOL:)
I am not sure how this happened.Sorry admin,will not happen again.

I wouldn't worry about the triple posting, it sometimes happens to the best of us. ;)

Congrats on the car by the way, it's a beaut. Are those rear lights aftermarket?

gnomik007
November 28th, 2003, 11:28
Thanks mate.The lights I put in the day I got the car as I thought it would look nice and it does.It gives it that little special thing,u know what I mean.So,yeah,I suppose they are aftermarket:)

romac
November 30th, 2003, 16:54
Took delivery NOV 4. On the way home from the dealer another RS6 pulls up beside me, first one I had seen on the road.

In advance of delivery, I had asked the dealer replace the summer tires with Pilot Sport A/S. I was too revved when picking the car up to look beyond the Michelin logo. After I got home, I realized they put Pilot Sports on. They did however take care of it on their $ (painful service story).

Love It!!

Mugello Blue
Silver interior
Carbon Trim
Sound Enhancing Exhaust

noushy
December 1st, 2003, 05:19
Finally picked mine up. Left it at the dealership for a month (too busy with other things). Mugello Blue, Silver interior, Nav. Only driven it about 50 miles though.

Erik
December 1st, 2003, 09:39
Hmmm...what happened to Daytona Grey?

Is everybody ordering muguello blue or avus silver? :confused:

mjrr
December 1st, 2003, 17:54
@ romac

where is your left side-mirror ??? Don't you have one or did I miss a a story about it ??

mjrr

romac
December 1st, 2003, 22:48
-- Good eye!! Its wearing that new photo transparent paint from Dupont. Obviously works well!!! Next step is to repaint the car to completely hide from the police!!!

-- Actually had to edit out a major sun glint off the silver mirror fairing that detracted from the car.

Snow
December 1st, 2003, 22:53
Hi hi! I didn't see it until you mentioned it. I think I'd prefer it with a sun glint. It feels kinda chopped now.
Maybe the chop shop in you neighbourhood needed one (?) S6/RS6 style side mirror. ;)

fabianflach
December 6th, 2003, 15:48
Hi !

my RS6:

505 HP ABT RS6

20" Abt Rims with Conti 255/35 ZR 20

Abt Sportsline complete exaust System ...

black / carbon interior

http://www.fabianflach.de/my_rs6.gif

http://www.fabianflach.de/rs6_back.gif

Bauer
December 6th, 2003, 17:20
Fabianflach-

Nice Avant!!! How do you like the ABT? Whats the name of the beautiful resort your car is parked in front of:D :D ;) ......nice pad as well.:cheers:

fabianflach
December 7th, 2003, 17:13
Hi Bauer,..

i am very happy with my options from ABT. The exaust system sounds great, the 505HP goes like a rocket and the 20" i think look really great.
picture, ..this in in the munich area!

Fabian

chewy496
December 8th, 2003, 20:43
OMG fabianflach is that your house?!?:eek:

mjrr
December 13th, 2003, 12:17
He lives in Düsseldorf and the picture is taken in munich....so I guess not...

mjrr

nyrs6
December 16th, 2003, 02:22
2003 Audi RS6
daytona grey
warm weather package
carbon fiber interior trim
navigation
rear side airbags
ebony interior

Mods.
OCT Chip
Milltek catback exhast
diverter valves
done by speedtechnik

I will post a picture when i get a chance

Bauer
December 16th, 2003, 15:58
Welcome nyrs6-

how do you like the modifications you have done?:cheers:

nyrs6
December 16th, 2003, 16:44
its great the thing flies there, is less turbo lag thanks to the diverter valves the car is like a rocket. You get the same kick as at 30 mph at a 100 mph. The exhaust is great the sound is unbelievable, you will want to stat the car just to here the rumble.
i dont know about other chip manufactures but oct isnt a lie it is true performance. The thing feels like you are in a fighter jet.

nyrs6
December 16th, 2003, 18:52
Sorry forgot nyrs6 Took delivery augast 12 2003

Benman
December 17th, 2003, 01:49
nyrs6:cheers: ,

welcome and thanks for the input.

REplica
December 22nd, 2003, 12:21
hi,

that's my RS6 Avant.

Color: Green
Interiour:Black Alcantara Roof
Navi Plus with Bose
19" Rims etc

http://mitglied.lycos.de/replicafreak/IMG_0150.jpg
http://mitglied.lycos.de/replicafreak/IMG_0151.jpg http://mitglied.lycos.de/replicafreak/IMG_0152.jpg http://mitglied.lycos.de/replicafreak/IMG_0153.jpg

Erik
December 22nd, 2003, 13:25
REplica,

Nice car! It's the first Goodwood Green owned by an RS6.com member as far as I know.

What's your location? Germany I can see by the "D". If you like please input your location under the "user cp."

REplica
December 22nd, 2003, 14:07
Originally posted by Erik
REplica,

Nice car! It's the first Goodwood Green owned by an RS6.com member as far as I know.

What's your location? Germany I can see by the "D". If you like please input your location under the "user cp."

hi,

yes i'm from germany,now it'S in the profile too:)

thanks,for the nice car

bye

fredrikostereng
December 28th, 2003, 12:50
I`ve got my Audi RS6 Avant delivered sept. 03.
Ebonyblack / black full leather seats / Alu decor inlay
19" Audi summmerwheels
18" winter (orginal 18" wheels)
Navi+ / BOSE
MTM 520bhp chip

The rest I belive is standard equipment in Norway (as we have CRAZY high car prices in this country....

Rgds,
Fredrik

nyrs6
December 28th, 2003, 14:21
How do you like the mtm Chip do you feel a big difference also if you go to the track please post your numbers we would like to hear did you change the exhaust or just chip.

avdh
December 29th, 2003, 05:25
RS6 Sedan

Colour: Daytona Grey
Inside: Silver & Poplar wood
19" wheels
Drilled Discs
Sport Exhaust
Cell Phone prep
All the gizmos from the German RS6, plus airbags front, & back sides and Sideguard,
Symphony II Radio/Bose
Electric Steering wheel
and rear sunblind.

Took delivery 22nd December 2003
Registration will be in January 2004.

If you go to the link below my signature there are more pics.

http://www.audioimports.com/cars/RS6/RS6Pix/RS6-0300SC.JPG

Erik
December 29th, 2003, 08:44
Those pictures are great! Thanks avdh!

Erik
December 29th, 2003, 08:58
Here's a picture of Daniel's RS6 Avant. He sent it by e-mail and he's from Germany.

Not sure if you're a registered member yet. If not, please register :addict:

Dark Knight
January 1st, 2004, 23:19
Hey All. No pics yet, take delivery hopefully next week, the car has to have something installed at the port of entry after Audi inspected it . . . it's killing me knowing the car is so close yet not in my driveway yet!! Ahh!

It's a Goodwood Green, Ebony interior with carbon, sound enhancing exhaust and navigation (wife said I needed it, don't know why ;)

Get some pics up on here as soon as I get my hands on the car!

danham
January 2nd, 2004, 19:12
hi,

i am registrated!

details: ebonyblack
interiour: black-natural, alcantara-roof incl. sunroof
navi plus, telematics, phone, black windows rear, cd-changer, klima-window in front

tuning: other airfilters, motronic, 20"-rims bbs lemans, other springs, folio in front

greetz
daniel

gjg
January 2nd, 2004, 19:17
Danham,

what other air filters you have?

gg

danham
January 2nd, 2004, 19:21
k&n

gjg
January 2nd, 2004, 19:28
noticed any difference?

danham
January 2nd, 2004, 19:42
only little bit louder! i made the modifications on engine/electronic and filters at the same time, so i can not notice differents by only the filters!

greetz
daniel

gjg
January 2nd, 2004, 19:47
no chip ?

danham
January 2nd, 2004, 19:54
sure---modified of wimmer! basic-programm of wimmer but upgrated again!

Erik
January 3rd, 2004, 09:11
Here are more pictures of danham's RS6 Avant with BBS LeMans.

I also started this thread if you want to discuss this car more:
http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2972

http://www.rs6.com/pics/RS6/Daniels-RS6-1.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/RS6/Daniels-RS6-2.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/RS6/Daniels-RS6-3.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/RS6/Daniels-RS6-4.jpg

Snow
January 3rd, 2004, 17:27
Looks even better with a little bit of snow on top. ;)

fredrikostereng
January 4th, 2004, 18:15
nyrs6,

You can really feel the diffrence between original chip and the MTM chip, in Norway we have approx 100 km/h speed limits so until now I tested zero-200 and it`s a lot faster. I will go to Germany within January to see if I pass the 300 km/h mark...

Also, I think this is addictive, I am considering to upgrade with the exhaust and race cathalysathors aswell....

Best rgds,
Fredrik

Erik
January 4th, 2004, 18:24
Originally posted by fredrikostereng
I will go to Germany within January to see if I pass the 300 km/h mark...

Beware of the brakes...make sure you can stop! :incar:

Erik
January 11th, 2004, 18:24
10000 views and couting... :cheers:

bilbozilla
January 14th, 2004, 06:24
The stars were aligned and I finally got my RS6. Wow. I love the speedometer - Who can be bothered with MP/H increments of less than 10?

This car is incredible. We need to have a N. California get together. Is the member with the blue RS6 in San Rafael here?

I'd post pictures, but the car looks like every other ebony pearl black. Seen one, you've seen them all. Absolutely gorgeous!.

--
2003 Ebony Pearl, Ebony Interior
Nav, Sound Exhaust

Erik
January 14th, 2004, 07:50
Originally posted by bilbozilla
I'd post pictures, but the car looks like every other ebony pearl black. Seen one, you've seen them all. Absolutely gorgeous!.

Na, come on! Don't be shy! If you can't attach them e-mail them to me. There's always a new angle we haven't seen before!

And congratulations to your new car! :addict:

Finnus
January 14th, 2004, 10:13
bilbozilla,

Congrats on the car! The wait is over, well, there's one more - the break in perod. Don't worry, it will "fly" by, then you'll really fly.
Finnus

PS We haven't seen that many ebony black RS6s. I look forward to pics ...

bilbozilla
January 14th, 2004, 17:08
Wrong beast. I got the color right. It's raining here in N. Cal and although I know that is where the Quattro shines, i just don't feel like taking it outside today. I'll post some pix when the sun comes out and I can get decent pictures of the vehicle.

Bauer
January 14th, 2004, 17:22
Billbozilla-

Congrats!!!! That is awsome and I am very glad you are happy with the car...just wait until break in is over:D :D . Be careful thought the car is VERY addictive...I wouldn't want to see you develope a"problem":hihi: .

And yes a Nor Cal meet would be great....Jimmy and I were talking about that yesterday. Lets start working on it. Thoughts?

mp
January 15th, 2004, 03:13
TODAY - I finally take delivery of my Daytona Gray, Enhanced Exhaust, Carbon Trim, with Audi snow rim/tire kit RS6. I was supposed to ge the car in October, but the boat it was on broke down and had to be towed. I was then out of the country for the month of December when it arrived. Since I returned on January 3rd, my dealer has been trying to find a set of available snow tires and rims for it. It has been a long time coming, but today is the day. While I am there I am going to put my name on the list for the Le Mans!!!!

rs6w
January 15th, 2004, 03:19
Originally posted by Bauer
Billbozilla-

And yes a Nor Cal meet would be great....Jimmy and I were talking about that yesterday. Lets start working on it. Thoughts?

Not a bad idea. I'd be interested.

Anyone here driving on Foothill Expressway in Los Altos, CA around 7:40 PST this evening? It was a Mugello Blue with sport exhaust with dealer tags still on it...

Bauer
January 15th, 2004, 13:21
mp-

Grongrats on the new RS6....sounds like quite a journey for your beast:D . Almost home though. I am SURE the wait will be worth it....it was for me and then some. Would be interested in your thought of the RS6 compared to other cars you have owned? There was a thread started a while ago with the comparo....found it very interesting how the RS6 stacked up against previously owned cars.

P.S. I was in Minneapolis in Sept for a wedding, stayed at the Grand downtown(hotel and staff were teriffic). Most of my relatives live in either St. Paul or Minneapolis...weather was still pretty nice then.... I am sure you are going to need those snow tires.

Oh, one other thing, welcome to the board:cheers:

mp
January 16th, 2004, 01:59
Thanks Bauer.

Well, the waiting is over and the verdict is in, the car is great (understatement). There are some really surprising things about the car though: I don't like big cars, but this car does not feel big when you drive it as it is SO tight. And the power - punishing. To answer your question Bauer, I own a 2000 Boxster S (still love her), but this takes things to another level. Being a Minnesota guy I have always loved Audis (own 2 A4s, 1 2.8 and 1 1.8T) as they are the perfect MN car. This car though gives you the best of all worlds: a luxury sedan, a true sports car, and great transportation in the tundra. I ordered a snow tire and rim package from Audi. It turned out awesome as the rims are the five spoke just like on the Euro version, but 18". So, the car has great snows on it with the Euro looking rim. My dealer sold me the tire & rim package for 1900 due to my headaches, so I feel like I got a good deal and they store my other set for me. I can't wait to put more miles on it in the next few day. One thing Bauer: the transmission is really stiff and downshifts hard. I have heard this loosens up after a good break in, do you find that to be true?

MP

Bauer
January 16th, 2004, 17:39
the transmission is really stiff and downshifts hard. I have heard this loosens up after a good break in, do you find that to be true? [B]

MP-

Yes, I have 10k on mine and I dont even notice it anymore. Took about 5000 miles for me not to notice it. Also I have found that this car is like fine wine it just gets better(and more power) with age. At about 7000 miles I noticed the motor pulling harder, seems that was about the point the motor really fully broke in. Have fun:cheers:

mp
January 16th, 2004, 17:42
Thanks Bauer, that's great to hear. You are in MA right?

Bauer
January 16th, 2004, 17:58
Sunny CA......I am now a wimmpy Californian when it comes to weather:D

bilbozilla
January 16th, 2004, 19:00
First Picture

Bauer
January 16th, 2004, 19:43
Bilbozilla-

YOU STOLE MY CAR!!!!:D :D

very nice........you have great taste in cars and colors:cheers:

JA
January 16th, 2004, 20:08
Hey everyone...I'm new here; just brought home my new RS6 about 3 weeks ago (just before Christmas). So far, I am delighted. I love the car! It's Daytona Gray with black interior and all the options (I just had to have the enhanced exhaust..love to hear her gurgle!).

Quick question in case anyone might have any feedback. I was told by my dealer here in NYC that Audi actually sent 1,106 RS6s here to the US this year. Does anyone know how they've sold, or are selling? I see there are a handful for sale on Ebay.

Also, the best review I've read is the one in MotorTrend in which they ran the RS6 head-to-head with the E55, and the tester found the RS6 to be the superior vehicle. He claimed the RS6 did 0-60 in 4.3, which is faster than Audi represents, as well as what other on-line reviews have said. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Is 4.3 about accurate?

Thanks!

nyrs6
January 16th, 2004, 20:21
first the number is probably right in ny there are alot of dealers palisades,town, paul miller etc. they all have about 4 left or more now they are giving off msrp so that they can sell them so thats true

as far as the performance numbers motortrend is uasually acurate also car&driver did a test and got 4.4 to 60 so i would say its acurate and the manufacter usally writes a little less car and driver tested it against BMW M5, Jaguar S-Type R, and E55 AMG the RS6 got first place

JA
January 16th, 2004, 20:31
Thanks nyrs6 -- do you have any sense for how well-received the RS6 has been nationally? In other words, has it been successful, or did it not sell as well as expected? Thanks.

Bauer
January 16th, 2004, 20:36
JA-

Welcome to the board.....as for the numbers few, if any of us have been able to hit those times. Remember though that the mag guys do this for a living and have the proper equipment. If you go out and try and hit those numbers....I doubt you will.....I hope you do....but doubt it. :cheers:

For the issue of how well the car sold. I think what happen was people thought the car was going to be around 65K to 70K so the waiting lists got loaded up. Then the pricing came out at the base of 82K, 89K fully loaded....waiting list got smaller. Then here in CA the stealers got together and decieded to throw on an extra 10k bonus for themselves. So needless to say the list got WAY smaller. The list got so smaller, so quickly here in CA that the 10K went away with some stealers real quick. But by then the damage was done...and they had to try and convince the customer to come back. AoA and the dealers thought it was the year 2000 or something.

So now there some dealers that have 2 or 3 still on the lot. I have found that some blew right through their alotment and were begging for more cars and others had extra. There are 90 or so going to Canada that they could not sell here. Who knows what the final # was. I think the values will settle out in the next 6 to 12 months since you cant get any more.:cheers:

Erik
January 16th, 2004, 20:57
http://www.rs6.com/articles/008.html

With G-Tech 0 - 100 km/h

http://www.rs6.com/gfx/articles/008n-l.jpg

TaTaPiRaTa
January 16th, 2004, 22:58
Originally posted by Erik
http://www.rs6.com/articles/008.html

With G-Tech 0 - 100 km/h

BTW: Do you think Oettinger 540HP is really 4.2 sec for 0-100 time?

nyrs6
January 17th, 2004, 23:48
G-tech is no way as acurate as car magizines test equipment espeacially the old g-tech

4ng crcs
January 18th, 2004, 03:24
Here is another ebony pearl chiming in. I've had the car for a week and am loving it. This is my 3rd C5 Audi replacing an 01 2.7t 6spd and 02 S6 Avant. Will post pics when I can find my camera. I believe I bought the car ksurg ordered and passed on.

bilbozilla
January 18th, 2004, 04:18
Do all the Nor-cal owners have ebony Pearl? Welcome and congrats.

rs6w
January 18th, 2004, 05:24
Originally posted by 4ng crcs
Here is another ebony pearl chiming in. I've had the car for a week and am loving it. This is my 3rd C5 Audi replacing an 01 2.7t 6spd and 02 S6 Avant. Will post pics when I can find my camera. I believe I bought the car ksurg ordered and passed on.

you wouldn't have been driving on Foothill Expressway in Palo Alto on 01/14 around 7:40pm woud you?

Bauer
January 18th, 2004, 17:59
4ng crcs-

Welcome to the boards!! There are quite a few of us in the Bay Area it appers:cheers:

JA
January 19th, 2004, 01:34
Hi everyone - I was wondering if any of our somewhat local beastowners (NY, NJ, CT, PA) might have any thoughts or suggestions on a place where I can bring mine and let 'er rip. I'm in Manhattan and always looking for a good day or overnight trip.

Many thanks in advance!

:race:

Dark Knight
January 19th, 2004, 03:20
Picked her up last Saturday. And lovin' it!!!!!

Dark Knight
January 19th, 2004, 03:32
JA -

Just saw your post asking where you can let her rip. I'm in PA and used to race bikes, before I got on the track we used to take the bikes up around the Delaware Water Gap which is actually in North Jersey (watch out still for the troopers). That's twisty stuff. For straight line speed the NE Extension running out the Philly area up to the Pocono Mountains is good, you can then drive around the mountain areas, have lunch, see some nice sights plus there are outlet stores everywhere so you can make a weekend of it.

The fastest piece of open safe'ish road I know is in South Jersey, it's a hike for you and there's nothing else going on around there (I mean come on, it's Jersey!!) so I doubt it's worth the trip for you unfortunately. Anway it's very smooth with a long line of sight, we used to get some of the track bikes, which shouldn't have actually been on the street(!), up to 185+mph there.

After all my experiences with bikes, I'd say invest the time and money and go to the track where you can really take the car to the limit -- and often beyond!! Good luck and keep the shiny side up!!

Bauer
January 19th, 2004, 16:37
Dark Night-

Welcome! and awsome color...I didn't think I would like the goodwood until on saw it on the car. Striking color!. Enjoy :cheers:

Robert Wendel
January 20th, 2004, 05:04
I picked up my Daytona Gray RS6 on Saturday the 17th. Only managed 220 miles and am enjoying the "breaking in". My other car is a 2002 Maserati Spyder. My wife said "we needed a sedan and no more sports cars". How did I do? (I think I may have pulled a fast one on her!)

avdh
January 20th, 2004, 06:17
Dark Night and Robert

Congratulations on your RS6's. The more miles the more you'll love them :)

Snow
January 20th, 2004, 10:51
Originally posted by ROBERT WENDEL
My other car is a 2002 Maserati Spyder. My wife said "we needed a sedan and no more sports cars". How did I do? (I think I may have pulled a fast one on her!) I'll give you a tip. Don't let her drive it, beacuse you'll be in deep shit if you do. ;)

Klint
January 20th, 2004, 11:20
Congrats folks! Keep them coming.

I think it's time for another tally/pie chart(s) on the RS6s out there...I just need to find some time. :rolleyes:

Strange to see the thread do so well...:D

P.S I think the 2002 Maser's had the boomerang rear lights, if I'm not mistaken, they were beautiful while they lasted.

nyrs6
January 20th, 2004, 23:27
"My other car is a 2002 Maserati Spyder"

how is the rs6s perfromance compared too the maserati

DK-RS6
January 21st, 2004, 01:58
Hope this works!!!!

Here is another "Beast".

2003 RS6 (August 2003), Daytona gray, warm weather package, Sound enhanced exhaust, carbon fiber interior, Ebony leather.

I am a new member from Atlanta and I enjoy reading all the interesting comments and stories posted on the RS6.com. Would like to hear more from RS6 owners who have put chips in their car (reliability, drivability, increase in power and performance, etc, etc.)

When are we going to have a RS6 meeting at Road Atlanta???????

I tried to attach a picture, but it didn’t work – I will try again later.

Erik
January 21st, 2004, 21:38
Originally posted by DK-RS6
Here is another "Beast".

2003 RS6 (August 2003), Daytona gray, warm weather package, Sound enhanced exhaust, carbon fiber interior, Ebony leather.

I am a new member from Atlanta and I enjoy reading all the interesting comments and stories posted on the RS6.com.

Here are the pictures from DK-RS6

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/DK-RS6-1.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/DK-RS6-2.jpg

Also, here's the webpage of one of his sons:
http://www.projecta4.com/

Also, don't miss this story:
http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=19960#post19960 :incar:

nyrs6
January 25th, 2004, 18:48
Klint do u have a total number of rs6s on this site so far
not an option chart just how many
Thanks

sturs6
January 25th, 2004, 19:21
DK,
Sign me up for Road Atlanta. You name the day and I will do my best to make the exciting 3.5 hr trip :incar: down your way and meet you there. :addict:
Maybe I will bring the back of that R8 that you have the front of...:D
It is good to have a RS6 member close by I think you are now the closest full time resident.
Did you get the RS6 at Jim Ellis in Smyrna/Marrietta.
I used to live right next to there.
Take Care
Oh, Welcome and enjoy; look forward to hearing more from you.
:cheers: Stuart

Klint
January 25th, 2004, 20:52
Originally posted by nyrs6
Klint do u have a total number of rs6s on this site so far
not an option chart just how many
Thanks

No problemo.

At a quick count the RS6 count stands at 58! :D

Erik
January 25th, 2004, 21:24
Originally posted by Klint
At a quick count the RS6 count stands at 58! :D

I think it's far more than that, still it's not bad. We have many owners who register but are not active with posting, only reading.

Erik
January 26th, 2004, 10:06
Hold on! Pics of a silver RS6 owned by member "avanti."
Note the sports exhaust.

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/Line-RS6-1.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/Line-RS6-2.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/Line-RS6-3.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/Line-RS6-4.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/Line-RS6-5.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/Line-RS6-6.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/Line-RS6-7.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/Line-RS6-8.jpg

Snow
January 26th, 2004, 12:02
Wow! I think silver really fits the RS6 good! Even though it's a pretty common color, I still think it looks very exclusive. Great choice avanti! :0:

sturs6
January 26th, 2004, 12:22
That is one nice looking RS6. I really like that color. Is that the snow tire setup in the first few pictures and the other tires in the last?

avanti
January 26th, 2004, 18:15
That is correct. The first pictures are shown with the Dunlop Wintersport M3's and the last picture are the stock Pirelli PZero's.

Erik
January 27th, 2004, 13:51
Got these pictures e-mailed to me by danham.
Sure is a nice RS6 Avant!

9 x 20" A8 9-spoke rims with 255/30/20 Contis.

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/Daniel-RS6-1.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/Daniel-RS6-2.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/Daniel-RS6-3.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/Daniel-RS6-4.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/Daniel-RS6-5.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/Daniel-RS6-6.jpg

danham
January 27th, 2004, 15:56
hi,

i am registrated with name danham!;o)

greetz
daniel

nyrs6
January 29th, 2004, 16:08
heres pics of the beast with oct chip and milltek exhaust

Erik
January 29th, 2004, 17:50
Originally posted by nyrs6
heres pics of the beast with oct chip and milltek exhaust

You have pm

DK-RS6
February 2nd, 2004, 20:12
Sturs6,

Sign me up too!!! Maybe the Audi Club could arrange something at Road Atlanta and give the Audi owners in the South a change to have some fun. It seems like most of the Audi Club activities are up north or in the Midwest.

Yes, I got my RS6 from Jim Ellis on Peachtree Industrial Road.

We are missing one important part before we can race the R8……. the engine???

DK-RS6

Dark Knight
February 5th, 2004, 02:57
man, I need to get a life! Started counting how many RS6's are on this thread and the next thing I've got Excel open! Hope you can all read the image, I'll try and get some time to get it into a "cleaner" image.

I only counted those users that clearly expressed they own an RS6, I would say there are approx 5 users on the thread that I couldn't determine if they were owners or not.

Here you go . . .

Erik
February 5th, 2004, 08:46
Thanks a lot!

You can add RS6-Thomas who has an RS6 Avant Misano Red.
He doesn't have the time to write here though but sends me some interesting stuff. I'll be posting his new custom made interior soon.

rzamora (Florida) has a black(?) saloon.

audirs6sport
February 5th, 2004, 10:29
hey include me as well! ebony/silver rs6 btw if anyone of you guys wanna c my pic, i have a friend who's a pro photographer, did a killer shot on my car. also thanks to move-n-shoot who brought out their insane equipments (worth over 100g!) =)

gnomik007
February 5th, 2004, 10:46
Is that avant with 20" wheels lowered or just seems to be because of the huge wheels?

The car does look very nice:0:

pING
February 8th, 2004, 12:39
Very nice pic indeed! :addict:

Rally
February 14th, 2004, 18:58
iconcls has an Avus Silver too.

rs6w
February 16th, 2004, 18:44
Originally posted by Rally
iconcls has an Avus Silver too.

I hadn't really seen an Avus Silver in person until yesterday and I was plesantly surprised on how good it looked on the car.

I've always thought the A6 did not look as good in silver as the A4 does..

App
February 21st, 2004, 05:00
After a year deliberating I took the plunge this week. This car is everything I expected and more! It's a beast and it growls!

Bauer
February 21st, 2004, 22:41
App,

Welcome to the board....love the Avus, almost got that color.

Robert Wendel
February 22nd, 2004, 01:21
Even though the sun came out today i could not choose what to drive. Love the Audi so much the spyder is getting jealous

Audi Addict
March 1st, 2004, 05:29
Hey Dark Knight,

Don't forget my Daytona beast....

:wo:

Finnus
March 1st, 2004, 12:06
It's a beast and it growls!

Growls and roars! Congrats on taking the plunge!!!

Finnus

sturs6
March 1st, 2004, 13:25
:bow: Nice Spyder Robert!!!:incar:
:rs6kiss:

nene
March 1st, 2004, 13:52
Welcome to all the new members that have joined. We're glad that you are enjoying the same high octane excitement a few of us have been drinking from.

Truly a wonderful sedan.

Benman
March 1st, 2004, 16:32
Originally posted by Robert Wendel
Even though the sun came out today i could not choose what to drive. Love the Audi so much the spyder is getting jealous
An Italian sports car JELOUS of the RS 6? I LOVE IT!!:addict:

7:53 RS6
March 3rd, 2004, 21:08
Hi! I am a new member here and I've had my Daytona Grey RS6 Avant for a few weeks. I'm based in Sweden.

Just like I raced my RS4 I plan to race my new beast as well at Nürburgring.
If you can help with what tires to get for the ultimate performance as well as brake pads (Pagid?) I'd ve very happy.

The car was debadged when I bought it, but I re-badged it since I really like the red color in the logo on the Daytona Grey.

Here are the pictures Erik took of my car last week.

http://www.rs6.com/pics/RS6/Gautes-RS6-100.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/RS6/Gautes-RS6-101.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/RS6/Gautes-RS6-102.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/RS6/Gautes-RS6-103.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/RS6/Daytona-RS6-11.jpghttp://www.rs6.com/pics/RS6/Daytona-RS6-12.jpghttp://www.rs6.com/pics/RS6/Daytona-RS6-13.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/RS6/Daytona-RS6-2.jpg

More pics:

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3458&highlight=bbs

http://www.rs6.com/pics/RS6/Gautes-RS6-105.jpg

We took this last picture just to p**s a few americans off. LOL! ;)

http://www.rs6.com/pics/RS6/Gautes-RS6-104.jpg

Bauer
March 3rd, 2004, 22:17
HEY, welcome to the board and thanks for rubbing in the seats:D :D Car looks awsome ,what size wheels are you running?

P.S. if you happen to run into a set of recaros on ebay (europe) and feel like picking them up for me ...that would be mighty neighborly of ya:hihi: :hihi:

Erik
March 3rd, 2004, 22:19
what size wheels are you running?

They are 19" BBS CH

7:53 RS6
March 3rd, 2004, 22:55
Thanks!
By the way, Thanks for Cool pictures Erik.:race:

gjg
March 3rd, 2004, 23:17
great looking car ..... my Avant suppose to be delivered to the dealer this Friday .....

nyrs6
March 4th, 2004, 03:41
HEY, welcome to the board and thanks for rubbing in the seats:D :D Car looks awsome ,what size wheels are you running?

P.S. if you happen to run into a set of recaros on ebay (europe) and feel like picking them up for me ...that would be mighty neighborly of ya:hihi: :hihi:

i still dont understand if they brought recaro seats for the s4 how come they couldnt bring it for the rs6. and the nav+ why dont they do it like every other car companies.

sturs6
March 4th, 2004, 03:47
Hey seeing the avant p***es me off and then you have to bring up the seats. 8:50 you and Erik really know how to hurt a person. :cry: :D :D
P.S. I like those CH's they look good on that Avant:cry: And welcome to the family 8:50

Finnus
March 4th, 2004, 11:55
8:50,

Welcome to the board & congrats on your Beast! Great wheels (both in terms of "great car" and "great wheels"). :applause:

Finnus

gjg
March 4th, 2004, 19:50
finally its here .........

RS6 Avant, Daytona Gray with black optical packet and black interior.

black nature leather/black alcantra headlining/black klavier wood
all airbags/sideguard

Drilled Discs
Sport Exhaust
sound enhance pkg
solar sunroof,
PhatNoise Sound System

and not to forget - the real Recaro seats ....:rs6kiss:

Now I need to figure out how to get the passanger mirror tilt down in reverse like on my S6 .....

George

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Bauer
March 4th, 2004, 20:00
and not to forget - the real Recaro seats ....

Come on George....go easy on us yanks...its enough that my seats put my right leg to sleep
:D :D

gjg
March 4th, 2004, 20:09
couldn't resist ........ :cheers:

.. in hick country we still use wooden bench seat in our pickups so it is not ounly your leg suffering .. :jlol:

Klint
March 4th, 2004, 20:47
Originally posted by gjg
finally its here .........

RS6 Avant, Daytona Gray with black optical packet and black interior.

black nature leather/black alcantra headlining/black klavier wood
all airbags/sideguard

Drilled Discs
Sport Exhaust
sound enhance pkg
solar sunroof,
PhatNoise Sound System

and not to forget - the real Recaro seats ....:rs6kiss:

Now I need to figure out how to get the passanger mirror tilt down in reverse like on my S6 .....

George

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Congrats George!

Save your seating and mirror settings, then it *should* now function, that it now knows which setting to return to.

nyrs6
March 4th, 2004, 21:09
am i wrong or drilled discs came standard in the US.

GoFastKindaGuy
March 4th, 2004, 21:12
Turn your adjustment selector knob to the right mirror (rather than centered) and it should go down when you engage reverse.

Drilled rotors were standard on later US cars. Earlier ones came without.

sturs6
March 4th, 2004, 21:18
George,
Congratulations my friend. I sure wish you could bring to Shelby/Charlotte next time you are in town so we could meet up. Oh well… I know you are going to enjoy it. I can not wait to see pictures.
-Stuart

gmbh6
March 4th, 2004, 23:15
Does anyone dare take on the task of cataloging the RS6's with location? :MTM:

gjg
March 5th, 2004, 14:58
Save your seating and mirror settings, then it *should* now function, that it now knows which setting to return to.

well, this I tried first because that's the same way all my S cars worked, but no go. Couple calls to the dealer - result being "Recaro seats have no memory option so the right side mirror will not tilt down with reverse gear ...."

I will follow up with them on Monday.

gg

Bauer
March 5th, 2004, 16:26
AAH HA! Finally, we got something on the Recaro's....thats right...we got memory for the seats:dance:

Still would rather have the Recaro's though:hihi:

gjg
March 5th, 2004, 16:37
well, you can't have it all in one package - if that happened most of Audi customers would have heart attack......

half-sick
March 8th, 2004, 09:14
I picked up a new, and blue, RS6 on Saturday. Very happy.

UrQ
March 8th, 2004, 13:11
Congrats, I also just got mine also on Sat. has a build date of October and has been at dealer since Jan.

Bauer
March 8th, 2004, 16:24
Welcome and congrats on the new RS6's.....enjoy them to their fullist!!!!!! Look forward to you impressions.

:thumb:

JA
March 8th, 2004, 17:47
Congrats on your new RS6s! Wait'll you get past the 1,000 mile break-in mark - it's like a different car.

Question: How do I find out the "build date" on my car?

Thanks in advance.

UrQ
March 8th, 2004, 18:11
Another Ebony/Ebony, Nav, Enhanced Exhaust, Phone and XM

Benman
March 9th, 2004, 02:51
Originally posted by JA
Question: How do I find out the "build date" on my car?

Thanks in advance.

Look on the V.I.N sticker on the driver's door post.:cheers:

bruce
March 10th, 2004, 00:07
Hi all,

Just purchased a previously owned RS6 and new to the board.

Daytona Grey, black interior, sound exhaust and nav.

Very happy boy now! :rs6kiss:

Bauer
March 10th, 2004, 00:13
Bruce-

Welcome to the board!!!! I trust you will be driving your RS6 to its fullist:MTM:

Enjoy:cheers:

UrQ
March 10th, 2004, 03:26
Was this a private sale or from a dealer ?

bruce
March 10th, 2004, 03:49
URQ

Kinda both. I got it from a guy who had an audi lease that was not assumable. I found him and worked through the dealership for the paperwork and certification to 100k. Everything was negotiated privately but the sale technically was from the dealer.
Odd, but made me real happy :rs6kiss:

Bauer

I have only put about 1k miles on it and only gotten up to 115, so I guess I'm really still in training wheels.....:incar:

Benman
March 10th, 2004, 05:28
Originally posted by bruce
URQ

I have only put about 1k miles on it and only gotten up to 115, so I guess I'm really still in training wheels.....:incar:
That will change.:D Welcome and enjoy!

jimmy94507
March 10th, 2004, 05:32
Bruce,

Quite a few RS 6's in the Bay area. Where in Silicon Valley? Have fun with the car. I just passed 10K and have enjoyed everyone of those miles!

Regards, Jim

Erik
March 10th, 2004, 16:51
Here is a picture of nyrs6's car.

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/NYRS6.jpg

nyrs6
March 11th, 2004, 00:29
thanks erik

bilbozilla
March 11th, 2004, 02:37
UrQ - did you get yours at Beasley's in Austin? You may very well have got the one that I had ordered but didn't take delivery. I had to back out of my order in Austin, (kind of an A-hole move on my behalf). My local dealer changed sales managers and they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I'm glad you're happy with your car. Enjoy!