PDA

View Full Version : Step by step, removal of door switch bezel.

p3u
June 3rd, 2009, 22:07
I did some research after posting my question on how to remove the switch bezel and with what little info I had I got it figured out, so I decided to post a step by step guide.

Removal and instal should take no more then 10 min, half that if you did it a second time.

Step one

If you look at the arm rest on the door, on the lower side where you pull the door closed, you will see a small hole about 5mm in diameter. Stick a screw driver or something similar ( I used a 4mm hex) in the hole at about a 45 degree angle and push.

p3u
June 3rd, 2009, 22:09
Step two

After pushing with your tool the bezel will simply pop out!

Pull the assembly out of the arm rest and you will see the connection going into the base of the switch assembly. Simply press the release tab and pull the connector off.

p3u
June 3rd, 2009, 22:14
Step three

Now that you have the assembly in hand if you look at both sides of it you will see three tabs on each side holding the switch assembly into the bezel. The easiset way to remove is to put a flat head in between the bezel and the assembly while pushing down on the switches and it will pop out. It can be a little tricky, just make sure you do the tabs in pairs or they will snap back in.

If you don't car about your could bezel you can simply turn the flat head and snap the location of the tabs for easier removal. :jlol:

Now the assembly is free! I took a moment to clean off the debris that accumulated over the years on the switch assembly, then poped it into the new bezel.

p3u
June 3rd, 2009, 22:18
Here is the final result! Looks much better then before.

At first when comparing the two I thought the new piece was made of a different finish, but I think its just the fact one has 80k miles of use.

Hopefully you can use this guide to help on you replacement! Let me know if you have any questions on the process.

DHall1
June 4th, 2009, 03:53
Now,

Let me tell you that is a first class job of walking us thru the process. Thanks

Now post up that part number and price on this thread and we are golden.

:applause:

There is some hope for this forum yet.

p3u
June 4th, 2009, 06:10
Thanks!

Part number is 4B1-959-521-7PE for Onix or black, msrp from dealerships is $29.10, so you should be able to get it for a few bucks less.