PDA

View Full Version : Using aircon whilst driving & parking it.... water on the floor

June 3rd, 2009, 15:38
Hey guys, after a few drives in the RS6 since I got it this morning. I have driven it with the aircon on. I have noticed when its parked up, it drops some water from the engine on the floor. Its not a lot of water (clear water), but enough for me to question if this is normal. Can anyone assure me that this is normal? The amount of water would be make 1/4 cup of water?
Should I be worried? Maybe I will run the car without the aircon and see if it happens.

DHall1
June 3rd, 2009, 15:47
On the floor of the garage or the floor of the car inside?

What do you own?

C5 or C6

If floor of the garage. Normal

Hey guys, after a few drives in the RS6 since I got it this morning. I have driven it with the aircon on. I have noticed when its parked up, it drops some water from the engine on the floor. Its not a lot of water (clear water), but enough for me to question if this is normal. Can anyone assure me that this is normal? The amount of water would be make 1/4 cup of water?
Should I be worried? Maybe I will run the car without the aircon and see if it happens.

June 3rd, 2009, 15:49
Seems excessive compared to my other Audis, however, ive never had a V8 Twin Turbo haha. :addict:

So its normal? And you think its coming from the aircon yeh?

gooseleg
June 3rd, 2009, 16:25
What side of the engine? I had a similar issue and it was the washer reservoir filled with water and a bad pump.

June 3rd, 2009, 16:41
Its hard to tell as the water runs to the drivers side of the car due to my floor being not level. When you say water bottle and pump, does that mean the pump for the water bottle? or water pup for the engine? Expensive to fix?

I hope its just an RS6 thing withe aircon.

mmaturo
June 3rd, 2009, 16:47
Its the airconditioning. My does this all the time.

sallyh
June 4th, 2009, 07:30
Hi

Wow, another RS6 from Melbourne! Hope you're enjoying it. Just a thought, are you sure it's not the blocked front drain, something about the dealer having to take the grommets out? I can't quite remember what this was all about but my C5 had this issue with water running inside. Happened when it was left outside in the rain. Took ages to find the problem but I believe subsequent it turned out to be quite common with the 6 series and easily fixed. Nothing to do with the air con., so possibly not your issue. There's probably discussion of it on this site.

vangelis
June 4th, 2009, 08:20
yes of course normal, same like any normal aircondition. This water should come if there is a lot of humidity in the air.