PDA

View Full Version : ferrari TT V8 and V6.

RXBG
May 29th, 2009, 18:29
http://www.leftlanenews.com/patent-drawing-reveals-ferraris-turbo-v8-plans.html

who says the B9 RS4 won't have a V6 TT screamer??????

Benman
May 29th, 2009, 18:42
Very interesting... there is also a story there about the TTV8 possibly going into the secong gen Enzo... rumored to be @ 2200lbs!!!

If this is the wave of the future, smaller, more efficient motors powering lighter cars with still gobs of power, count me in! :thumb:

Ben:addict:

RXBG
May 29th, 2009, 19:07
ben. the future seems very cool indeed. something to look forward to. i love my V8 R8, but wouldn't mind skipping a V10 and sitting on this one till MY 2014 to see what becomes of the next R8. i suspect audi will be coming up with something truly awesome- maybe a TRG???

Benman
May 29th, 2009, 19:17
- maybe a TRG???

Sorry to sound dumb... TRG?

My thoughts on what would be nice, would be a lightweight TDI.

The Alpina D3's motor is too small, but the concept is something I like. A 2.0 that makes 214hp and makes a whopping 450 Nm (332lb/ft) of torque! Something along those lines... lightweight engines producing gobs of power. :cheers:

Z07
May 29th, 2009, 20:15
V6? Did someone say 'Dino'. Don't know how customers would receive a V6 Ferrari though.

The problems with turbocharging in RWD application is that you need to be very careful with tuning and throttle application exiting corners. Despite modern advances, it's not the smoothest or most linear of power-adders and works best with AWD systems.

RXBG
May 29th, 2009, 20:21
i meant TSG? sorry. tri sequential gearbox.

diesel is cool. prob is flexibility. which can be easily fixed by a DSG gearbox since it can compensate for acceleration loss during gear changes and make frequent gear changes an unproblem- esp on a track. my take on diesel- pulls HARD but in a narrow rev range. with manual- can be a problem on a track unless the gearbox is just right a la R10/15. for purists who want a true manual it'll prob never be the ticket imo.

what say you big Ben?

Benman
May 29th, 2009, 20:51
diesel is cool. prob is flexibility. which can be easily fixed by a DSG gearbox

what say you Ben?

DSG it is. :cheers: Might not be a manual, but I can live with it. ;)

Despite modern advances, it's not the smoothest or most linear of power-adders and works best with AWD systems.

No doubt! Can anyone say F40! Handfull. :D

emve
May 29th, 2009, 23:45
My thoughts on what would be nice, would be a lightweight TDI.

The Alpina D3's motor is too small, but the concept is something I like. A 2.0 that makes 214hp and makes a whopping 450 Nm (332lb/ft) of torque! Something along those lines... lightweight engines producing gobs of power. :cheers:

Have you ever driven a diesel car ?

itisme
May 30th, 2009, 00:54

very often... and it's different, but nice...

To be honest it was either a VW TDI (driven everything from 90-250HP) or an S320CDI... for the size of the car and engine, it was fun to drive....

The Pretender
May 30th, 2009, 09:59
who says the B9 RS4 won't have a V6 TT screamer??????
This is Audi's V6 future.

http://www.autowereld.com/imagesDB/800/9519105744147_.jpg

Benman
June 1st, 2009, 20:29

Every trip out to Europe, all Audis. Loved them. :cheers:

Also, side note: It is said their powerbands are too narrow. That may well be true, but for me, when I commute on a machine that has a redline of 15K, even the 8K RS 4 has a "narrow" powerband. ;) :D

Leadfoot
June 1st, 2009, 21:55
V6? Did someone say 'Dino'. Don't know how customers would receive a V6 Ferrari though.

The problems with turbocharging in RWD application is that you need to be very careful with tuning and throttle application exiting corners. Despite modern advances, it's not the smoothest or most linear of power-adders and works best with AWD systems.

I'm surprised no-one noticed your comments which at unequivocally true, precision in throttle control and turbo do not go hand in hand, well not to the standard that anyone would class good even for a fine driver's car like a Ferrari which are at present exclusively rwd.

So what are Ferrari intentions for these engines?

I'm guessing that this engine will only be used in conjunction with either a normal awd system or in a setup where the engine controls the rear wheels and electric motors power the fronts. It's widely known that Honda have been working in something very similar for the next NSX, though it's not known whether they intended to use anything other than a N/A engine.

One thing we can all be sure of is that given Ferrari undeniable ability as an engine builder, these engines will be truly exceptional in execution and probably better than any turbo engine seen before.

Benman
June 1st, 2009, 23:22
I'm surprised no-one noticed your comments which at unequivocally true, precision in throttle control and turbo do not go hand in hand...

I did, hence my comment on the F40. ;)

Leadfoot
June 2nd, 2009, 08:24
I did, hence my comment on the F40. ;)

Sorry Ben I missed your post. :thumb:

FLACO X3
June 3rd, 2009, 16:05
If the cars get lighter as well then there really is no performance lost with the smaller, more effecient engines.