PDA

View Full Version : newbie on RS6

R1
May 29th, 2009, 17:11
Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie here - I got a long story but an interesting story about my RS6 - so here it goes
about 2 weeks ago I spotted an avus silver RS6 from ebay (listed by non-audi dealer) and the location is close to our home - (it's listed as $29,992, after a week, it went down to $26,992 - needless to say I end up buying it, around $31k out the door with GMPP warranty)

I'm so excited, (mileage is 53k) still drives like new but unfortunately the following day, the check engine light came on, so I called the dealer and they say just bring it to AUDI dealership, I did and after waiting for another day the result came- they claim the torque converted is bad and needs replacement hmnnn? anyway they say they will order the part and call the insurance. And you know what - the repair was declined, (Audi said the dealership did not get some preinspection report to GMPP or maybe there's a waiting period) i complaint to the dealership whre i bought it from and they can't do anything they won't shoulder the repair. Needless to say - I returned back the car :(

Now i'm in the market ...
there was one here that's in ebay - yellow but I'm not a fan of yellow, i prefer blue or silver

thanks folks for listening.

by the way my story is not finished yet - two days ago, my dealer called me saying the check engine light is gone and the shop did not find anything wrong with it (they brought it to another ship that does high end cars, Bentleys, Caddilacs, etc. but they the car VIN# may have been flagged in the system of these warranty companies and it did - he check Fidelity and it's already recorded there that there's a claim that was denied, they're suggesting AAA.com - is triple A okay for Audi's specially the RS6. Do you know of other reliable company that can cover extended warranty for Rs6? Please chime in, thank you folks

last question - should i take it without warranty and just face the risk of repair bills (this car's previous owner lives in Hobe Sound, florida and traded it in for a 2009 CTS-V :)

LfD
May 29th, 2009, 22:19
Short version: No. Long version ansver: Hell no

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie here - I got a long story but an interesting story about my RS6 - so here it goes
about 2 weeks ago I spotted an avus silver RS6 from ebay (listed by non-audi dealer) and the location is close to our home - (it's listed as $29,992, after a week, it went down to $26,992 - needless to say I end up buying it, around $31k out the door with GMPP warranty)

I'm so excited, (mileage is 53k) still drives like new but unfortunately the following day, the check engine light came on, so I called the dealer and they say just bring it to AUDI dealership, I did and after waiting for another day the result came- they claim the torque converted is bad and needs replacement hmnnn? anyway they say they will order the part and call the insurance. And you know what - the repair was declined, (Audi said the dealership did not get some preinspection report to GMPP or maybe there's a waiting period) i complaint to the dealership whre i bought it from and they can't do anything they won't shoulder the repair. Needless to say - I returned back the car :(

Now i'm in the market ...
there was one here that's in ebay - yellow but I'm not a fan of yellow, i prefer blue or silver

thanks folks for listening.

by the way my story is not finished yet - two days ago, my dealer called me saying the check engine light is gone and the shop did not find anything wrong with it (they brought it to another ship that does high end cars, Bentleys, Caddilacs, etc. but they the car VIN# may have been flagged in the system of these warranty companies and it did - he check Fidelity and it's already recorded there that there's a claim that was denied, they're suggesting AAA.com - is triple A okay for Audi's specially the RS6. Do you know of other reliable company that can cover extended warranty for Rs6? Please chime in, thank you folks

last question - should i take it without warranty and just face the risk of repair bills (this car's previous owner lives in Hobe Sound, florida and traded it in for a 2009 CTS-V :)

rks838
May 29th, 2009, 22:27
As much as I hate to say it, these RS6s get mucho $$$ as the years go on, it appears. Turbo failures, DRC leakings, etc etc. If I were to purchase one, it'd have one helluva good warranty.

Without a warranty? It had better be spotless, dingless, and most importantly, have a completely clean record. And low mileage. And come with a supermodel, and free trip to the moon.

R1
May 29th, 2009, 22:33
thanks for the views and replies guys ---

I'm negotiating on this one - price seems high - what do you think guys, can it be really 550hp and a 4.0 sec car ...

http://www.sunnyvalemotorcars.com/webtemplate.aspx?iid=670632

is there anybody here who lives close by to Sunnyvale, have you seen this RS6 yet?

thanks

mmaturo
May 29th, 2009, 22:51
thanks for the views and replies guys ---

I'm negotiating on this one - price seems high - what do you think guys, can it be really 550hp and a 4.0 sec car ...

http://www.sunnyvalemotorcars.com/webtemplate.aspx?iid=670632

is there anybody here who lives close by to Sunnyvale, have you seen this RS6 yet?

thanks

Price is way too high. You were in the ballpark to a little high with the one you had (pre warranty price). The ECU reprogramming by the various tuning companies gets you up into the 520 to 550 range. However if you think the last one had a tranny issue well this one really will. They are weak in these cars (i'm on the third one and my car is stock) so as already said you need a warranty. Platinum Plus through the Audi dealers seems to be the way to go. You should not be paying more than mid 20s for a 50K RS6 though. Auctions prove that out. Check out Quattroworld.com (RS6 forum) and do a search for Bruce M. He goes to auctions and can find you a clean car.

Beastly
May 29th, 2009, 22:55
Sunnyvale is right next to where I work, If you are serious I could take a look and give my $.02

ben916
May 29th, 2009, 23:13
I think you are going to run into trouble on this one also...

ANYONE correct me if I am wrong but:
The aftermarket warranties will not apply due to the upgraded HP (i.e. chips). = Strike 1.
The price is about $10,000 too much = Strike 2.
If it was being sold at an Audi Dealer, maybe, else = Strike 3.

I think DHALL1 had already commented in a prior thread about this car...
If you are serious about this one, follow Dhall1's advice to the letter.

P.S. at that mileage, why isn't there a little comment that the 50k mile service has been completed (at least for that price)??? It's that service one of the big ones? Price range of like $2-3500???

R1
May 29th, 2009, 23:14
Sunnyvale is right next to where I work, If you are serious I could take a look and give my $.02

thanks for the offer Beastly, but the price is really high, I applied for loan and got disapprove, the lender claims the sales price is too high for the guide or loanable value they are using, even if you take $2k out of that price, still it's very high.

I called the previous Rs6 dealer I bought and I may just get it back, of course I will get a warranty (not GMPP as they denied my first claim). Is AAA good & reliable? they quoted me around $4k for 4 years 40k miles ...

If I can get a lender for that sunnyvale Rs I will surely have you test drive it for me :) let's see if it really has 550 in it

R1
May 29th, 2009, 23:17
I think you are going to run into trouble on this one also...

ANYONE correct me if I am wrong but:
The aftermarket warranties will not apply due to the upgraded HP (i.e. chips). = Strike 1.
The price is about $10,000 too much = Strike 2.
If it was being sold at an Audi Dealer, maybe, else = Strike 3.

I think DHALL1 had already commented in a prior thread about this car...
If you are serious about this one, follow Dhall1's advice to the letter.

P.S. at that mileage, why isn't there a little comment that the 50k mile service has been completed (at least for that price)??? It's that service one of the big ones? Price range of like $2-3500???

I second the motion - I am now leaning towards getting a different RS, I'll see tomorrow if I can get back the previous RS I bought with "torque converter" issue but I will get the warranty from AAA, the dealer told me the car is now flagged both in GMPP and Fidelity, according to them they share system info/data (do you think this is true?) i may just have to wait for the 30 day float before I can file any claim.

thanks for the advice

R1
May 31st, 2009, 07:12
okay folks, my finger accidentally pressed a buy it now button for this RS6

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-RS6_W0QQitemZ180362838368QQcategoryZ150108QQcmdZVi ewItemQQisPrinterFriendlyZ1QQpvZ2

what do you think, any body who lives close by in this dealership? can you please do some spot check if this is what it is as claimed by the dealer?

thank you to all

RS6-4dr911
May 31st, 2009, 14:18
Unless they misrepresented something looks like you just bought a car. Looks like a deal on the surface, hope the service/damage history is good.

R1
May 31st, 2009, 15:16
I'm really hoping that there's no major issue that will give me headache other than the DRC which I've learned from here :)

AndrewNC
May 31st, 2009, 16:11
Looks good, but you do have a 2500 dollar t-belt service in 3-4k. I would probably do it sooner, just based on age.

R1
May 31st, 2009, 17:19
There's some discussions here in the forum about the required mileage service on T belts, but you are right I have to do it due to its age. And also $2.5k is a bit steep for just a month or two of driving it. On the same token I look forward enjoying it at least 5 years.

rs6 ltwt
June 1st, 2009, 02:42
There's some discussions here in the forum about the required mileage service on T belts, but you are right I have to do it due to its age. And also $2.5k is a bit steep for just a month or two of driving it. On the same token I look forward enjoying it at least 5 years.

As per eBay, you bought (another) RS6.

As per my note in your separate thread regarding a need for inspection/way out...

Was the t-belt done??? Do you know? It's at least a $2500 service + cost of a Fidelity warranty (warranty is a mandatory option :lovl:)

If you need an "out" tell Paul to call me again (we traded calls yesterday before you purchased).

I have PM'd you my number.

R1
June 1st, 2009, 14:07
thanks Andy, if everything checks out, i will surely buy ext warranty.

i replied to your pm.

DuckWingDuck
June 2nd, 2009, 16:09
No real comment to add either way except to wonder, I thought OnStar was turned off for Audi? Why is the OnStar light still green in the car? Or is that a reflection... Anyway, I have AAA insurance but was not aware they offered a warranty, the standard, as it were, is Fidelity and you can purchase that through anybody that sells Fidelity meaning you don't have to go through an Audi dealership.

R1
June 19th, 2009, 18:07
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-AUDI-RS6-SDN-4-2L_W0QQitemZ140327713166QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars _Trucks?hash=item20ac2ef98e&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A317%7C240%3A1318

this is the silver car i mentioned on this post - it's back on ebay ...

DHall1
June 19th, 2009, 18:19
Lets get the word out on this one.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?p=164472#post164472