PDA

View Full Version : My Sweetie Beast is finally... Lost?!

Patrick M
August 15th, 2003, 23:16
Do any of you folks in the States who have taken delivery of your beasts recall how long the trans-Atlantic crossing took?

I reached Milestone 6 (on the barge, on the way!) in late July, but I just spoke to the dealer who said my beast was not found at any U.S. Port.

Maybe I'm just a little too anxious, but it seems to me that three weeks is ample time to cross the pond. I hope they haven't fitted her with a snorkel and are driving her across!:roll:

Patrick

2003 RS6 (hopefully) on the way
2002 Allroad (chipped)
2000 BMW 540i sport
1999 Corvette C5 - For Sale
1988 BMW 325is (track only)

FitzRS6
August 15th, 2003, 23:21
Hi

My car went to a port in Delaware before it was unloaded in Houston. It took about 3 weeks from the time it left port until it arrived in Houston. I hope this helps!

Patrick M
August 16th, 2003, 00:13
Knowing that you too waited three weeks makes me less concerned that the beast slipped off the back of the barge or ended up somewhwere in Panama as a taxi.:)

I swear, I haven't been this nervous since my wife was late delivering my youngest.

If this keeps on, I'm sure I'm going to develop some kind of anxiety disorder!

Patrick

Mr. Fru-T Pants
August 16th, 2003, 00:23
3 weeks is pretty average for the trans-Atlantic voyage. I reached Milestone 6 in late June(25th), and the website said it hit port on Monday of this week. If I can count, that's around 7 weeks. Now granted, the RS6 info site sucks and has proven unreliable to say the least, and I'm not even going to be able to keep the car, but...

I wouldn't be worried if I were you.

Fru-T(Another Patrick M.:cheers: )

iconcls
August 16th, 2003, 00:58
Originally posted by Mr. Fru-T Pants
I'm not even going to be able to keep the car

Really, you're going to have to let the RS go?

Mr. Fru-T Pants
August 16th, 2003, 02:13
Yes, unfortunately. Finances aren't where they need to be right now, though I thought they would be.

I have 3 Audi's as of now. Two are for sale, but I'm having trouble unloading them. I don't have enough room in my driveway for the ones I have, honestly. The RS6 would make 4. I don't believe in trading a car in, so I'm slitting my own throat, I guess one could say.

None-the less, the dealership is saying that I forfeit my deposit if I don't buy the car. I am in the same boat as John, and ironically, at the same dealership. They are trying to make him pay $400/month to keep the car on the showroom floor, though I believe they refunded his deposit. I can't say as I blame the dealership for not wanting to have an $87k car on their books, and I had no intention of not picking it up, but... I have been trying to sell the car before it got here, but no luck. Ebay was full of kids who thought they could score an RS for $1k, not bothering to read the terms of sale. I posted no reserve, and I don't even care about making any cash. I just need out. So there's the scoop. Sorry I won't be joining the ranks, but maybe I can have a ride at one of the ACNA events. :)

Thanks for the

:vsad:

Fru-T

Patrick M
August 16th, 2003, 03:01
Originally posted by Mr. Fru-T Pants

I have 3 Audi's as of now. Two are for sale, but I'm having trouble unloading them. I don't have enough room in my driveway for the ones I have, honestly. The RS6 would make 4. I don't believe in trading a car in, so I'm slitting my own throat, I guess one could say.

Can I ask, wy don't you believe in trading in your cars? This seems like a reasonable answer to your dilema...

iconcls
August 16th, 2003, 03:09
Shame to see such an Audi guy have to take a pass for awhile. I really hope the "exit" isn't too painful.

Finnus
August 16th, 2003, 03:11
Can I ask, wy don't you believe in trading in your cars? This seems like a reasonable answer to your dilema...

My dealer offered me $15,000 for my 2001 S4 (high milage, but all highway). The blue book website was saying $20,000 wholesale. A friend saw one go for $24,000 at the Upstate NY auction.

$15,000 was an insult. :byeM5:

So I decided to keep the S4. F--- 'em!!!

Finnus

:addict:

2manycars
August 16th, 2003, 19:24
I wonder what the legality of them keeping your deposit is. You did not custom order some unual odd colored car, with special equipment. My understanding, in the state of NJ at least, is that until you drive the car off of the dealers lot with all paperwork complete, that the dealer has no legal right to keep any deposit. Afterall, how have you "damaged the dealer" in some way?

I have also been told that much of the legal jargon on the sales order are simply there to scaring you into thinking you can not change your mind. I wouldn't take this as gospel, but Ihave never had a dealer hold any deposit I made, even on expensive vehicles, when I decided against a deal. I have even had dealers "take cars back after I drove them for a few days as long as the title work was not done." I understand that is the exception, but I guess it depends on the dealer, and how much he wants repeat and word of mouth business.

Speedracer
August 17th, 2003, 01:10
Mine was the car Patrick was talking about. They did NOT refund my deposit. The credit card company I used to make the deposit refunded it pending the outcome of the dispute. That doesn't mean they won't reverse this. The dealer's order form clearly states that the order is void unless signed by both parties. I never signed any order at all. I also would not have signed it if they told me the deposit was non-refundable.

As far as the dealer's behalf is concerned, the dealer ordered one for himself, which he intends to sell, so why is mine different?

The fact is, when most of us ordered the car, they were only going to make 860 of them for the states. Audi's customary greed changed this, and they're making roughly 50% more. There are plenty of RS6s sitting around in dealers' showrooms. My dealer has made no effort to sell the car besides posting it at his web site. (www.moheganlakemotors.com) (Click on "Rare finds.") And why should he if it isn't going to cost anything to keep it in his showroom where it is a great interest generator (not the monetary kind)?