PDA

View Full Version : So who still hasn't had any response from Audi for DRC?

Bigglezworth
May 27th, 2009, 04:25
Aside from the discussions here and on AudiWorld, I personally have not received any contact (written or phone) from Audi. I booked an appointment with my local Dealer (Glenmore Audi) back 5-6 weeks ago to confirm if my suspension was experiencing problems. I talked with the service manager who at first treated me like a chump who didn't know anything and eventually had a meaningful conversation once he realized I was well versed in mechanics and the specifics associated with the RS6.

Anyway to make a long story short, they confirmed my suspension is just fine..... Yep. Just fine...... The wet front shocks didn't bother them. The fact that winter driving was bone jarring didn't bother them. The fact that the car feels uncomfortably stable with excessive body roll through corners - yes you guessed it. Didn't bother them. Ultimately he looked me in the eye and said clearly that the suspension isn't shot until the car is "undrivable". The suspension totally depleted of all pressure and the wheels pocketed up in the wheel wells. Until that happens, they don't even want to look at it.

How nice is that? Oh well. It isn't great, but alas it isn't undriveable to say the least. I haven't had this car since new so cannot personally attest to differences other than what I currently have. It sucked in the cold of winter. Did anyone else experience this? I know it's not the lightest car, but it shouldn't feel unstable in corners.

I have other nice rides that I can enjoy in our warmer summer months so it's not the end of the world to wait until the August timeframe being suggested for repair. I can tell you that my local dealer has NO intention whatsoever of doing anything proactively with the car until they receive indication from Audi of an actual "recall".

Tim

hahnmgh63
May 27th, 2009, 04:49
Maybe someone else will chime in but I thought that after all of the parts were here (August), that all DRC suspensions will be replaced working or not?

V8weight
May 27th, 2009, 04:52
Where are you located? Are there any other Audi dealers located anywhere nearby? I wouldn't feel comfortable letting anyone with that kind of attitude carry out this repair on my car.

DHall1
May 27th, 2009, 07:32
Well,

Let's see here. If any of you don't like to read Non-PC material. Please hit delete.

The first thing I would do is kick that weasel of a prick in the balls. Maybe the rush of blood to his brains will knock some sense into him.

Call Audi and get the official report on how Canada will be involved.

Your chances of getting a proper repair from that dealer are zero, ziltch and nada.

Its a shame because a DRC in working order is a beauty of a ride.

Get your H/R's ordered.

I can't believe someone like that is a manager at a Audi dealership. Very sad indeed.

Edit: I can believe this. This reminds me of the pricks at Prestige Audi in Denver. "We don't allow joy rides in our cars". WTF you bunch of idiots. I paid cash for our E55 from Penske Mercedes and cash for my RS6 from Doc Weiner. These are supercars. The drive sells the car not the suit on your hairy ass.

Idiots.

HeadShot
May 27th, 2009, 13:15
is it possible to drive it into the States (ie, on vacation), pull into an Audi dealer with the "feels funny" tale and see if they can get it started on repairs?? Just wondering how that system works between Can and US??
Good Luck.
K.Ws rock

DonS
May 27th, 2009, 14:59
Could Bigglezworth call an US Audi dealer that is well versed with the DRC issue and ask them if they would repair a Canadian imported car? My local dealer would be no help as they are oblivous to the DRC issue.

I called Audi on 4/20/2009 to register my newly purchased RS6 with them (used the phone number posted here on RS6). They brought up the DRC and promised a letter. Its been a month and no letter. How long does an efficient German company take to mail a letter? Maybe they are waiting on a new toner cartridge... Maybe the postal increase has them in a tizzy... Maybe the dude that signs them is back in Germany learning to fix DRC systems... Maybe they aren't all that efficient!

I'm not complaining, but it does seem an odd way to introduce a new customer to your company.

SpinEcho
May 27th, 2009, 16:21
I'm in Canada and received my DRC letter from Audi Canada several months ago. Are you the original owner of your car? If not, is Audi Canada aware you are now the owner?

Even when my DRC was in good shape, the winter ride quality was worse. I have always attributed this to the unbelievably heavy winter wheels I was sold by the stealer when I bought the car (they are 18" replicas of the OEM 19" available in ROW and are real boat anchors). However, when my DRC failed the first time the ride became much worse - unbearably bad.

I suggest you call Audi Canada and complain about your stealer. To this day it continues to amaze me when Audi NA talks about wanting to become THE premier German brand, ahead of MB and BMW. They seem unable to grasp a basic concept required for them to even embark on this mission: they must have control over the competency and consistency of service at their dealerships!

Bigglezworth
May 28th, 2009, 02:53
I certainly can get a US dealer to perform the repair, but that really isn't necesary since they have already confirmed that they will perform the repair here in Canada. I will call Audi again and talk to them about my experience with the dealer and see what they have to say. It's not that long until August in all honesty.

RS6.CA
June 1st, 2009, 21:39
Got my letter from Audi Canada about DRC replacement back in March. This was for a Canadian bought 2004 car however. Same letter as the guys were getting in the US about replacement. Before that I contacted AoC through the website and asked about the replacement in Canada, they actually phoned me personally and stated that they would replace the DRC here in Canada. When I had my car in for service recently talked to our only Audi dealer in town and he has no clue about the DRC replacement.....not sure he even knew what DRC is! At least you have 2 stealers in Calgary, it's a monopoly here in Shitmonton.