PDA

View Full Version : WOW! Car Cleaning.

Klint
August 15th, 2003, 21:24
This old dog of a 325 (Mine BTW :D ) got the autoglym treatment recently...with a rather decent outcome.

Out came the sponges, shammy leather, buckets and hose and in went the umbrella. (Typical British Summer= Rain)

We've only managed to put 40,000 miles onto the car since we bought it back in the early 1990's...Untill recently it was just sitting around in the garage..It's only been the last two years where the miles have been put on..I think we only had 16,000 miles on the car up till early 2002. So, the bodywork hasn't exactly been exposed to the normal wear and tear of the salty, sea air that comes with Island living. :)

Products used:

AutoGlym- Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner
AutoGlym- Clean Wheels
AutoGlym- Super Resin Polish
AutoGlym- Leather Cleaner (Yet to use)

A dedicated 'paintbrush' with medium strength bristles for removing brake dust from the rims...This works wonders with AutoGlym's Clean Wheels.

A Couple Sponges. (No Not us;) ) One for the top part of the car the other for the bottom.

A Sunny Day. :D

First we (Me and a good friend) Rinsed the car with clean cool water.

Klint
August 15th, 2003, 21:30
Oooops...Please excuse that individual (Me) :MTM:

Then we cleaned the sponges and bucker with water so there's no dirt or grime left over from the last use...

We filled a bucket up with water and threw some AutoGlym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner in with the water.

We also clean the car from the top downwards to keep the water clean and to help minimise the spread of unwated dirt, tar and other things that come with the lower part of the car.

Klint
August 15th, 2003, 21:34
We then got the hose out and watered down the car so the Shampoo/conditioner was clear off the bodywork, which also hopefully took away the bits of dirt that was took off the paintwork by the sponges.

Klint
August 15th, 2003, 21:42
After the car was rinsed...We set to work on the rims...Put a few squirts of AutoGlym's- Wheel Cleaner and got busy with brushing them down with the paintbrush...We did this to all four wheels, then rinsed the rims off after we had done them. (Sorry for having no pictures of this part)

Once the car was dry we were able to apply AutoGlym's- Super Resin Polish..with the shammy leather..cotton stuff. Once the car was covered in a coat we left it while we went for Supper, this was probally around 30-45 minutes.

We then removed the Polish using the same kind of clothes we use to apply the polish but clean ones. Once this was done we rinsed the car again...and that was how we washed the 325..Here are few pictures of the final outcome.

Klint
August 15th, 2003, 21:45
Hope it's been of use..

Klint
August 15th, 2003, 21:46
Side View.

Klint
August 15th, 2003, 21:49
Here's Autoglym's Website:
http://www.autoglym.co.uk/index2.html

Overall...I think their products are top notch for what your paying...Definitely worth while and washing the car can be great fun aswell...

Best bit is the satisfaction of having made the car look cleaner and sleaker...Just wondering when the ladies start to jump at the car..:confused: :hihi:

and here you'll find the 'Sponges' themselves...:hihi:

Snow
August 16th, 2003, 16:43
How you make car washing into a fun (?) thing.. :D

This write up could work as "user's guide" when washing a car. :)