Porsche 997.2 GT3(from same issue)

0-100km/h: 4.0s

0-200km/h: 13.0s

and

Audi R8 5.2 FSI

0-100km/h: 3.9s

0-200km/h: 12.3s

Few remarks. NO LC for EU specs GT-Rs.
In next issue of Sport Auto Supertest will be about GT-R. Hint-either Horst is totally not suited for GT-R or Suzuki San is a Superman. Or... Suzuki San GT-R mule was equiped with some super gizmos...
Also translate this one from the article: "Getriebe ruckelt beim anfahren."

The RS6
May 23rd, 2009, 09:24

Using google translation...

Gearbox jerky when Driving

:noshake:

andreadebi
May 23rd, 2009, 11:30
again another test to say that ring times achieved by super Suzuki are fake

Z07
May 23rd, 2009, 11:34
I actually thought that the 997.2 GT3 was a whole lot faster than the GTR is a straight line but this test suggests otherwise. Factory figures say the 997.2 GT3 does 0-60 in 4.1 and 0-100 in 8.2, so 60-100 in 4.1. The GTR takes roughly 4.7s to get from 60-100. Yet it's only 0.2s slower than the porsche from 62-124mph in this test. Don't fancy the porsche's chances in a time attack if it isn't a whole lot faster in a straight line. This is also an '09 GTR not the faster '10 model.

KresoF1
May 23rd, 2009, 12:08
I actually thought that the 997.2 GT3 was a whole lot faster than the GTR is a straight line but this test suggests otherwise. Factory figures say the 997.2 GT3 does 0-60 in 4.1 and 0-100 in 8.2, so 60-100 in 4.1. The GTR takes roughly 4.7s to get from 60-100. Yet it's only 0.2s slower than the porsche from 62-124mph in this test. Don't fancy the porsche's chances in a time attack if it isn't a whole lot faster in a straight line. This is also an '09 GTR not the faster '10 model.

Do you know what are your talking about?

It is MY2010 German specs GT-R. Myth is over.

Z07
May 23rd, 2009, 12:12
Do you know what are your talking about?

It is MY2010 German specs GT-R. Myth is over.
Fair cop but the point still stands. If it's that close in a straight line, it will beat the porsche in a time attack. The GT2 murders the GTR in a straight line but they run very close in a time attack.

This test just proves that the GT3 is not as much faster than the GTR in a straight line as Porsche have claimed.

KresoF1
May 23rd, 2009, 12:19
Fair cop but the point still stands. If it's that close in a straight line, it will beat the porsche in a time attack. The GT2 murders the GTR in a straight line but they run very close in a time attack.

This test just proves that the GT3 is not as much faster than the GTR in a straight line as Porsche have claimed.

It wont as you will see from next issue of Sport Auto...

None of the Nissan Germany press GT-Rs is nearly as fast as JDM grey import cars...

Also, car that is slower then 997.1 Turbo, R8 5.2 FSI, 997.2 GT3 etc. till 250km/h in acceleration and is not that specially fast at Doettinger Hoehe long Ring straight is NOT capable to achieve Ring time claimed by Nissan. Period. Actually 100times period.

So, is Suzuki time fake? NO. Just, his GT-R mule is at least 10% more powerfull then standard German specs GT-R and suspension is tweaked in some ways. Cheating? Hmm... Not telling the real truth? You bet!

Canadian_RS4
May 23rd, 2009, 13:06
It wont as you will see from next issue of Sport Auto...

None of the Nissan Germany press GT-Rs is nearly as fast as JDM grey import cars...

Also, car that is slower then 997.1 Turbo, R8 5.2 FSI, 997.2 GT3 etc. till 250km/h in acceleration and is not that specially fast at Doettinger Hoehe long Ring straight is NOT capable to achieve Ring time claimed by Nissan. Period. Actually 100times period.

So, is Suzuki time fake? NO. Just, his GT-R mule is at least 10% more powerfull then standard German specs GT-R and suspension is tweaked in some ways. Cheating? Hmm... Not telling the real truth? You bet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjwJl4t-DF8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtLCMQTq9Xo

So, are all those people bribed by Nissan?

Personally, I think EVERY GTR that comes off the production line is a "ringer".

Just shows that Porsches are overpriced and overhyped (still great cars though).

OfftheHeZie
May 23rd, 2009, 15:31
Yea I guess their great history has nothing to do with the "hype"...

~Mason

Leadfoot
May 23rd, 2009, 16:52
0-100km/h: 4.1s

0-200km/h: 13.3s

Weight: 1782kg

For comparison...

Porsche 997.2 GT3(from same issue)

0-100km/h: 4.0s

0-200km/h: 13.0s

and

Audi R8 5.2 FSI

0-100km/h: 3.9s

0-200km/h: 12.3s

Few remarks. NO LC for EU specs GT-Rs.
In next issue of Sport Auto Supertest will be about GT-R. Hint-either Horst is totally not suited for GT-R or Suzuki San is a Superman. Or... Suzuki San GT-R mule was equiped with some super gizmos...

A very slow GTR but on a happier note the R8 seems plenty quick enough. :dig:

Is Horst as good as Suzuki :vhmmm:.................NO, not even close in my opinion.

Is his driving style best suited to the GTR :vhmmm:...........NO, this has been shown from time to time with other front-engined awd cars. And after watching him in the R8 and some others on the ring I get the feeling that his driving style is too smooth to get the best out an awd car. He does seem to get very close to factory times when placed in either a rwd Porsche or better still a BMW.

Maybe he's on their pay roll? (j/k). :hihi:

Also, car that is slower then 997.1 Turbo, R8 5.2 FSI, 997.2 GT3 etc. till 250km/h in acceleration and is not that specially fast at Doettinger Hoehe long Ring straight is NOT capable to achieve Ring time claimed by Nissan.

The Nissan car does appear to get more speed than any of the others tested so far but without an accurate reading of what each car enters the straight or which gear they are in, plus telemetry to show whether full throttle was applied the entire length of the straight any conclusion as to whether Suzuki's car had more power is just one's opinion and not grounded in factual evidence.

One thing that everyone seems to be missing is that Nissan's engineers are also monitoring the telemetry of the engine in their record runs and my guess is these engines are at their tip-top best so there is a very high probability that they will be producing a little bit more than one that had been used and abused by the motoring press throughout the last few weeks.

According to CAR Nissan have openly admitted that the GTR in it's latest attempted had different wheels and rubber than standard and that it's suspension had also be altered, though they say that this can be offered to any customer.

KresoF1
May 23rd, 2009, 17:23
Leadie,
Just read latest CAR. According to their Ring comparison new GT3 is faster around Ring then UK specs GT-R. Interesting, isn't it?

BTW, both Ring times achieved by CAR are WAY BELOW Horst standards...

Z07
May 23rd, 2009, 18:30
There's your problem right there. Have you ever considered that the German press might be a little biased? Nope. Yet you're happy to consider the possibility that the Anglo-US press is biased, even though the manufacturer is not affiliated with them.

Leadie,
Just read latest CAR. According to their Ring comparison new GT3 is faster around Ring then UK specs GT-R. Interesting, isn't it?

Here's a quote from that article that you may have overlooked:

Andy Gulden (after driving the GTR): "I'd say 99 percent of my lines were perfect but I got it wrong once - I was unfamiliar with the car and I'm not used to right-hand drive."

You might also have read that the laps were full laps, not industry standard laps that eliminate the distance from the start to the end of the pits. Andy was also an F3 driver and raced karts against Heidfeld and Schumacher so he's no mug and probably better than Horst. Slightly biased towards an MR layout in terms of driving style though.

And not to piss on your bonfire but he managed a 7:44, again over a full lap, in the SpecV, which equates to a 7:3X over an industry standard lap. That was with some road works and damp patches. That's about 10 seconds faster than Driver's Republic managed with a GT2 and he didn't use the sport boost.

The SpecV is 2s faster than the GTR around the Nurburgring GP (short) circuit and as fast as the GTR N1-spec racecar around Sendai. It's 'ring time remains a secret but it's roughly a 1s/min faster than the 2010 GTR, which makes 7:26.7. Sure it's pricey but even as a ltd edition Japan only model, it's still only roughly as expensive as the forthcoming 997.2 GT3 RS. And unlike the GT3 RS, it is actually significantly faster than the base model, despite only subtle tweaks.

Plus, it's a turbo engine. $500 buys +100bhp. Try getting another 100bhp out of a GT3 engine.

Leadfoot
May 23rd, 2009, 19:36
Leadie,

I did read it briefly but long enough to get the opinion that Andy Gulden could have gone fast in the GTR if he had been more familiar with the car, according the CAR this was the first time he had actually drove one, never mind had to driven it in anger. There is no doubting that he's extremely skilled and knows the ring like the back of his hand, possibly Horst knows it better, maybe not, but I haven't seen Horst driving profile to comment who is the more successful or better.

You seem to be hinting that Horst's time in both cars were below that of Andy. If true then that means he not only broke into the 7:4x but achieved a time much closer than anyone has done both. But Andy's time included the pit lane straight does anyone know exactly how much time should be added for this additional section that CAR's times included compared to all the others. It appears to be about 200m at least and as the car will have slowed down to enter the pit straight I'm guessing that it must be close on 6 or 7 seconds. Would reducing Andy's time by as much as 7 seconds bring his time close to Horst?

Z07, if appears to be a fellow called Dirk Schoysman and not Andy Gulden who lapped in the V-Spec GTR and did the 7:44 time, again as you said it too was a full lap.

P.S.

One thing that is very apparent, when the GTR isn't on the ring and still in the hands of the motoring press (regardless of the magazine they work for) it always tops the time charts or is very close and is always ahead of the 997 GT3 or Turbo. Maybe the GTR's suspension is too stiff to give confidence of the ring unlike the super smooth surfaces of other tracks, this may explain why Suzuki is so quick compared to the others, after all he has done more laps than anyone else in the GTR and knows exactly how hard he can lean of it.

Either way it is a true supercar that costs sportscars prices and in my opinion that is something to celebrate.

KresoF1
May 23rd, 2009, 19:56
Leadie,
I wont celebrate GT-R since I do not like it. It is from technical point of view good achievement. Just, not enough for me.

BTW, this is not GT-R forum and we do not need to worship that car as a Holy Cow... That is my personal opinion. Cleary, we have here few members that are bigger GT-R fans then Audi fans.

Leadfoot
May 23rd, 2009, 20:55
Leadie,
I wont celebrate GT-R since I do not like it. It is from technical point of view good achievement. Just, not enough for me.

BTW, this is not GT-R forum and we do not need to worship that car as a Holy Cow... That is my personal opinion. Cleary, we have here few members that are bigger GT-R fans then Audi fans.

Am I a GTR fans? Yes but not someone who would ever want to own one. The reason I celebrate the GTR is simply because Nissan raised the bar for offering incredible performance for normal money, and in doing so means that every car in the class or price bracket will have to be compared to it.

So the next RS models will also have to raise the bar as well.

I know Z07 is a big, big fan but he actually has an old GTR and I respect his opinion because he's also a big Audi fan. You yourself love Porsches just as much as Audis so why complain about people respecting the GTR for doing something no other car has done before.

Z07
May 23rd, 2009, 22:14
Z07, if appears to be a fellow called Dirk Schoysman and not Andy Gulden who lapped in the V-Spec GTR and did the 7:44 time, again as you said it too was a full lap.
True enough.

P.S.

One thing that is very apparent, when the GTR isn't on the ring and still in the hands of the motoring press (regardless of the magazine they work for) it always tops the time charts or is very close and is always ahead of the 997 GT3 or Turbo. Maybe the GTR's suspension is too stiff to give confidence of the ring unlike the super smooth surfaces of other tracks, this may explain why Suzuki is so quick compared to the others, after all he has done more laps than anyone else in the GTR and knows exactly how hard he can lean of it.

Probably not the case as most testers say that the GTR is even better on the road than the track. Take Autocar's test on a closed road on the Isle of Man. The GTR came within an ace of beating the LP560 and would have beaten it by at least 2-3s (over ~4 minutes) were it not for the 112mph speed limiter, which held it back in 3 places - very seriously twice. For reference, the LP560 got over 130mph. You're familiar with the types of road on the Isle of Man, pretty much B-roads really. Bumps and poor surfaces just hand the advantage to the GTR. The only thing that does let it down is endurance. After 10 laps of an average length track it suffers more than the likes of a GT3 but if long track days are your thing, buy a GTR and a Radical SR8. You can afford to for the price of an optioned-up GT3. Neither a GT3 nor a GTR will ever be a truly great car for long track days as they both weigh well over 1 ton.

After 50 laps, one of these will start to make sense:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1258/1248420850_548d786770_o.jpg

When you factor in endurance, all of a sudden rubber life, brake life and even fuel economy come into it, as I'm sure Audi R10 fans will know. Track endurance isn't really something I would look for in a car, which is predominantly for the road. Good road cars, don't make good track cars and vice-versa.