PDA

View Full Version : S5 Lightweight

Leadfoot
May 22nd, 2009, 11:23
As most are aware it's Audi centenery this year and one model that was due to be shown was the S5 Lightweight that some might had heard of but I will recap just in case.

The S5 Lightweight was a modern take on the original Audi Quattro Sport. This car was to be based on the S5 but with it's front and rear section replaced with alloy plus a revised interior with smaller air-com pump, etc to reduce the weight to a target 1400kgs (240kgs less than the S5). This car is believe to be getting a revised suspension, S/Tronic and SportsDiff plus an even more rear biased quattro system. It's believed that two engines are being considered with both pushing out a similar figure to today RS4 (420hp), one is a V6 Bi-turbo and the other is an uprated version of the TT/RS (this is my favourite for the job).

According to Autocar the launch has been delayed in order to get the target weight down so it's looking more likely that Autumn 2010 will be it first showing as a concept with a launch date into production of 2012.

iconcls
May 22nd, 2009, 12:45
...reduce the weight to a target 1400kgs (240kgs less than the S5)...and a V6 Bi-turbo

I'll take this over an anemic NA RS 5 ANY day!

The Pretender
May 22nd, 2009, 13:26
This A5 Quattro sport.

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/1554/audia5quattrosport.jpg

With more likely this 408 hp 3.0TFSI V6 Supercharged engine.

http://www.autowereld.com/imagesDB/800/9519105744147_.jpg

Leadfoot
May 22nd, 2009, 14:29
I keep hinting that this engine (V6SC) will be found in something very special within the next 2~3 years but to keep suggesting this will make some people believe it as gospel which it isn't, it's of a feeling that I have about the timely introduction of this particular spec of this engine.

The V6 Bi-turbo is what Autocar believe is the number one choice but I also am hold open a hope that Audi will see fit to install the R5 from the TT/RS as it is the sweetiest sounding engine to come from Audi in a long time (excluding the R8v10 of course).

The Pretender
May 22nd, 2009, 16:33
I keep hinting that this engine (V6SC) will be found in something very special within the next 2~3 years but to keep suggesting this will make some people believe it as gospel which it isn't, it's of a feeling that I have about the timely introduction of this particular spec of this engine.

The V6 Bi-turbo is what Autocar believe is the number one choice but I also am hold open a hope that Audi will see fit to install the R5 from the TT/RS as it is the sweetiest sounding engine to come from Audi in a long time (excluding the R8v10 of course).
Those English auto site's have it wrong all the time.
They say the RS5 will be Bi-turbo, but had to change there saying resently, because it will be N/A.

QuattroFun
May 23rd, 2009, 07:36
Why would this be needed? I thought the TTRS coupe is the new ur-quattro...