PDA

View Full Version : RS6 vs E55

RS6Mase
May 22nd, 2009, 00:36
Hey guys, I am completely torn right now between the two... Now I know that the opinions on here are going to be biased http://www.mbworld.org/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif, but I am in the market and ready to buy asap. Which one should I go with and why?

I like the fact that the Audi that I am lookin at has the GIAC chip, which you can turn stock mode back on and the delearship wont know that it is modded, thus can keep the warranty. With the chip, its got 520 hp, at the crank of course... It has 65k miles on it, its an 03 and could prolly buy it for around $24k

The E55 that I am lookin at is stock, has 55k miles on it, and its also an 03. I would like to put the LET pulley and tune on it, but am scared about loosing the warranty. I can get the E for $25k. The E also has aftermarket wheels, but I havent seen picks of them.

The E has never been in a wreck, the audi got rearended at a light but looks great from what i can tell.

Does anyone know how the maintenance differs between the two? And warranties?

So the big question....

WHICH ONE DO I BUY!!!??? http://www.mbworld.org/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif

DHall1
May 22nd, 2009, 00:55
We have beat this dead horse silly.

:noshake:

Search, search and search.

Long story long. I have both of them. Both of them are fine autos. My wife drives the Platinum Blue E55. Dont ever pull up to a light with her....that car is so damn fast in a straight line its crazy. I have the RS6.

You can quess which one I will tell you to buy. :addict:

Do not modify the E55. Period. You will loose all warranty.

RS6, sure you can throw a reflash and keep it hidden from the dealer. Just drive it easy most of the time and your fine.

Good luck.

mmaturo
May 22nd, 2009, 17:19
Search, but if you live up north or somewhere rainy the 4 wheel drive with the Audi is king. I am able to drive in all kinds of bad weather in full like i stole it mode.

rs6 ltwt
May 25th, 2009, 03:06
Unlike Dave, I have had each one, one at a time.

That said, the E55 is a drag car. the RS6 is a hotrod AND sportscar you can use everyday. Go fast. Straight and left and right. Discretely.

Plus it has unobtrusive stability control that can also be fully (not partially) disengaged.

Further, the car has the handling feel and brakes of a Porsche 911. It's in the finesse and tactile sense where the RS6 excels.

Oh yeah...and MB cranked out as many E55s as they could. The RS6 is unusual.

No brainer.... You just sold a Porsche, Mason. Buy the RS6. I say this as one who will be (or soon will be) back to buy my third RS6. There is nothing...NOTHING like the car.

Good luck! 'Nuff said.

SAFE4NOW
May 25th, 2009, 15:12
Having worked with both Audi and Mercedes Benz, I would ask you what are YOU looking for? They are both high HP 4 door sedans, but different cars.

My suggestion today? Go drive them both back to back. Make sure you include:
1.Staight line accel from a stop and 60mph
2. If possible in a safe location, make a full power right or left hand turn ( keep your foot in in and make sure to leave yourself room, like in a big parking lot ) even better if its wet, but you will see what I am getting at either way.
3. Take it on the highway for a short drive in traffic, where you make a couple passes.
4. Drive up to either's Service Department and check out the reaction you get. Just ask how much for an oil service or annual maint, then leave.
5. Check on insurance rates for you on each car.
6. MB has Renntech and Kleemann
7. Audi has Revo, APR, MTM, etc.. turbo cars are more "tuneable"

And lastely, either cars warranty WILL be effected by upgrades, you have to know this no matter what. Its all a matter of what you are willing to deal with IF or WHEN it comes up.

Good luck and either way you will have a nice ride for YOUR personal needs.

Steve