PDA

View Full Version : Teenagers vs Rs6

SAFE4NOW
May 21st, 2009, 02:48
What do you get when you have 1 Imola Yellow Rs6 and 1 car load ( 4 ) of teenagers in a Matrix driving in traffic 4:30p Tuesday afternoon? :nana:

You end up with:

Jacked up rear bumper and valance
damaged deck lid
rear suspension tweaked enough for half shafts to rub coil overs
clunking and rubbing noises from rear end when driving
spare tire is held firmly in place after doing its job absorbing the impact
:vgrumpy:

It really does not look that bad standing behind it, but most of the damage is hidden.:eye:

Down to the Lotus as the DD for now.:incar:

I am sending the car to Details Ltd in Addison in the morning, if it can be fixed perfect, they are the ones to do it. IF it cannot, they will be the ones to make sure it doesn't, if you know what I mean.

The above repairs will be expensive, loss of value, rental car for the month or more it will take to fix it right, medical ... :eye:

You know the only thing that make me laugh is just LAST week, I was in another HEAD ON accident with a drunk driver:doh:, no drivers lisc, no insurance, illeagal .. so drunk he couldn't even speak Spanish! After plowing his corolla into the front of my Excursion and destroying his car, he was able to steer it around and along the side of my truck and proceed to run head on into my friend who was following me in his S4! Almost an hour of " keeping him there " the Police showed up... in comparison to the 3 mins it took the state trooper to arrive in the top accident, I was amazed... it took over 3 hours before we could leave the scene... and we were the " good guys " :eye:

And to top it all off... I fired a tech that was 1/2 way through an Audi Allroad major upgrade project! ( Big Turbos, fueling, TQ Conv upgrade, valve body upgrade, suspension, etc ) Now I need a replacement tech to put THAT puzzle back together again! :doh:

I'm going to bed for a week... LOL :blush:

Thank you for letting me vent ( share ) :blush:

I just have to laugh at my last 10 days!:rotflmao:

Steve
:snow:

V8weight
May 21st, 2009, 03:03
:bigeyes:That's terrible news, honestly, how do you pile into an Imola yellow car? I'm an I-Car platinum certified body tech, and that sounds hurt:noshake: Did the quarter panels buckle and close up the rear door gaps as well? It's ironic that I was just reading your buddies post on the audizine last week about getting hit by the drunk driver and you being lucky that at least you weren't driving your RS6. I agree, you better just stay in bed for a few weeks, but with your luck, just make sure your bed is not up against any exterior walls in the house.

Bigglezworth
May 21st, 2009, 04:09
Holy shit. Makes my trivial matters of late be - well - just that - trivial.

MaxRS6
May 21st, 2009, 04:47
That is a bad week...good luck on the resolutions!

Beastly
May 21st, 2009, 06:04
Steve,

do NOT take out the Lotus! Rent a car.

Best wishes on the fixes.

DHall1
May 21st, 2009, 07:40
Dont worry,

At least you dont have Pelosi and Reed. They would pat the kids on the back and make sure they were ok before hauling your ass off to jail for getting in the way.

They (Pelosi) would also pickup that drunk illegal and wisk him off to the ED where the hospital can eat another free bill to go along with the 50 Billion that was crammed down last year.

Oh, yeah but we have to stop the rising cost of health care. Right, I wonder whats causing the cost of health care to go up so fast? Hmmmmm :noshake:

Sorry that I am not PC about these things. I will never be PC me and my trusty 357. :hahahehe:

Steve-that does suck. Keep us informed.

What do you get when you have 1 Imola Yellow Rs6 and 1 car load ( 4 ) of teenagers in a Matrix driving in traffic 4:30p Tuesday afternoon? :nana:

You end up with:

Jacked up rear bumper and valance
damaged deck lid
rear suspension tweaked enough for half shafts to rub coil overs
clunking and rubbing noises from rear end when driving
spare tire is held firmly in place after doing its job absorbing the impact
:vgrumpy:

It really does not look that bad standing behind it, but most of the damage is hidden.:eye:

Down to the Lotus as the DD for now.:incar:

I am sending the car to Details Ltd in Addison in the morning, if it can be fixed perfect, they are the ones to do it. IF it cannot, they will be the ones to make sure it doesn't, if you know what I mean.

The above repairs will be expensive, loss of value, rental car for the month or more it will take to fix it right, medical ... :eye:

You know the only thing that make me laugh is just LAST week, I was in another HEAD ON accident with a drunk driver:doh:, no drivers lisc, no insurance, illeagal .. so drunk he couldn't even speak Spanish! After plowing his corolla into the front of my Excursion and destroying his car, he was able to steer it around and along the side of my truck and proceed to run head on into my friend who was following me in his S4! Almost an hour of " keeping him there " the Police showed up... in comparison to the 3 mins it took the state trooper to arrive in the top accident, I was amazed... it took over 3 hours before we could leave the scene... and we were the " good guys " :eye:

And to top it all off... I fired a tech that was 1/2 way through an Audi Allroad major upgrade project! ( Big Turbos, fueling, TQ Conv upgrade, valve body upgrade, suspension, etc ) Now I need a replacement tech to put THAT puzzle back together again! :doh:

I'm going to bed for a week... LOL :blush:

Thank you for letting me vent ( share ) :blush:

I just have to laugh at my last 10 days!:rotflmao:

Steve
:snow:

DonS
May 21st, 2009, 13:22
They say bad stuff happens in threes. You've had a series of three unlucky incidents so you SHOULD be good to go. However, your idea to stay in bed for a week makes the most sense.

Advice:
-While you are in bed, have someone retrieve your daily newspaper so robbers don't target you. More bad luck...

-Buy a Lottery ticket. Maybe your luck is about to change in a big way!

Hang in there!

SAF
May 21st, 2009, 14:38
Is your engine light on? I was rear-ended at a red light (less impact than yours?), where the only visible damage was the valance and a bumper kink. But the impact drove my exhaust forward 2-3 inches and an oxygen sensor was damaged. Had to pull the engine to fix it. Total for that "valance and new bumper" job was over $10k.

Also, be sure to have them test inflate that spare...mine was also wedged but <I>looked</I> OK upon inspection. Not until I needed to use it six months later did I discover the tire lip had been dislodged from the rim leaving it unable to take air (resulting in ARSA covering the tow). Then ended up ordering a new $400 inflatable spare from Germany and filing a supplimentary claim to the insurance company.

Yellow RS6
May 21st, 2009, 18:53
Steve, I got your PM. While reading it, I was thinking "what claim is he talking about?" :vhmmm:, then I found this. Holy crap! I can't believe what's happened to you in the last week, and that one of the few IY RS6s might be lost forever......

Just relax (and recover?) in bed for the next week, have you been injured because of either accident?

mmaturo
May 21st, 2009, 19:39
Wow (understatement), glad you are ok after all that. Definitely add loss of value to the insurance claim, someone just successfully did it with an RS4 that was rear ended (they had a long post in the RS4 section of Quattroworld.com a few weeks back). Hope it can be rebuilt as it is so rare. Good luck with everything.

DuckWingDuck
May 22nd, 2009, 02:36
lol@dave. love ya but damn, everything's gotta come back to bashing the Democrats huh? Steve, sorry to hear about the accidents, they surely do suck but at least you got out ok.

DHall1
May 22nd, 2009, 02:43
Greg,

Trust me the Republicans are just as stupid and corrupt. There are just not many of them around to pick on any longer. Bush Jr made sure of that with all of his brilliant moves.

Pelosi just makes it easy because her mug is on every TV station and Youtube when she calls out the CIA and says there a pack of cheating liars. Trust me, we will find Pelosi with cement shoes on some day.

Doh! :hahahehe:

lol@dave. love ya but damn, everything's gotta come back to bashing the Democrats huh? Steve, sorry to hear about the accidents, they surely do suck but at least you got out ok.

SAFE4NOW
May 22nd, 2009, 14:16
Starting the process now.

Since AoA declined to provide a letter stating the true number of IY Rs6's , much less the number of Rs6's I will spend some time on the net gather facts and supporting doc's for the LOV claim.

I imagine that the car will be repaired, I trust Details Ltd to do it correctly.

Thank you for all the well wishes...

More to follow

Steve

mmaturo
May 22nd, 2009, 16:54
Starting the process now.

Since AoA declined to provide a letter stating the true number of IY Rs6's , much less the number of Rs6's I will spend some time on the net gather facts and supporting doc's for the LOV claim.

I imagine that the car will be repaired, I trust Details Ltd to do it correctly.

Thank you for all the well wishes...

More to follow

Steve

Did you get the DRC repair letter? I think it had 1400 something listed that at least is an official Audi document stating the number of US RS6s (minus the dozens by now I'm sure that had bad endings). Too bad we all know you are one of three...maybe send them 4 years worth of internet posts on the subject.

DHall1
May 22nd, 2009, 17:08
In the end, it will come down to...

What have you lost? And prove it.

Starting value of the purchase. 30,000
Depr from you driving the car. -5,000
Net 25,000

Now, you have an accident. It gets repaired to spec. What is the loss of value? after the car gets repaired to spec.

Show me a loss of value calc that is printed and recognized by the insurance industry. Plug in a 6yr old car w/60,000 miles and what do you get?

Its a rare car indeed. Tell that to the insurance company and see what you get. Zip, ziltch, nada.

I say find the loss value calc that is recognized by the industry. For example, there must be tables to show historical loss values to vehicles that have had prior repair. Also, some states have shared fault clauses in all accidents. You get 5, 10, 12% of the blame in most accidents even if you did nothing. Now, how do you assign the loss when your 12% to blame?

This may end up in civil court where you sue those kids for that said loss and bleed them of all future earnings before we tax them up to thier eyeballs.

:thumb:

SAF
May 22nd, 2009, 18:10
In the end, it will come down to...

What have you lost? And prove it.

I went through this, couldn't prove a thing, and that was where it ended.

SAFE4NOW
May 28th, 2009, 02:33
Stage I complete: 1st estimate in hand, looks to be just under $9000.00 , I expect there may be a suppliment, at least this gets the ball rolling. The other party has admitted fault.

Stage II: replacement rental car

I may have some pictures tomorrow..

Steve

RS6-4dr911
May 28th, 2009, 10:37
Certainly difficult to PROVE what the loss of value is but there are appraisers for collector cars out there and I'm sure they could, for a fee, render a professional opinion on the value of a wrecked/repaired car vs. identical car with no damage history.

Dave's on the right track with the civil court approach. Do not forget it was the teenagers that caused and are responsible for the damages you have suffered, insurance helps reduce their personal loss but does not limit their obligation to make you whole AS LONG AS YOU READ CAREFULLY WHAT YOU SIGN BEFORE YOU ACCEPT THE INSURANCE CHECK!!

DHall1
May 28th, 2009, 17:25
Some thoughts.

I agree 100 percent about reading everything before taking that check. Leave your civil court options open and get the private collector appraisal. Try to project a time in the future where the car will actually increase in value due to the limited numbers. Some evidence of this has been the Toyota Supra 93-98 market. Some of those cars are worth more now than when they were new. Nissan GTR market as well.

Also, start thinking about turning the screws with the insurance company. "My back is hurting". Low back pain is the most difficult to diagnose and subjective pain levels are key. Don't be a tough guy about getting checked out. If your over 40 your discs are not what they used to be.

Lastly, some states have laws against having too many teens in the car at one time. Check your laws. How many were in there.

Bottom line. Make them all pay for the careless acts that dumped a load of shit on your lap.

Certainly difficult to PROVE what the loss of value is but there are appraisers for collector cars out there and I'm sure they could, for a fee, render a professional opinion on the value of a wrecked/repaired car vs. identical car with no damage history.

Dave's on the right track with the civil court approach. Do not forget it was the teenagers that caused and are responsible for the damages you have suffered, insurance helps reduce their personal loss but does not limit their obligation to make you whole AS LONG AS YOU READ CAREFULLY WHAT YOU SIGN BEFORE YOU ACCEPT THE INSURANCE CHECK!!

SAFE4NOW
May 29th, 2009, 03:31
Attempt at a picture:

SAFE4NOW
May 29th, 2009, 03:33
1 more attempt... LOL

SAFE4NOW
May 29th, 2009, 03:39
.. anyways...

What I am looking for is for them to come up with a friggin car to drive that is at least the same size as the Rs6.... maybe as safe ( Enterprise here has C300's and Hertz has A6 3.2 ) though not as much fun as the Rs6.

Can you believe that the agent is actually telling me that I do not get a loan can because they MIGHT total the car... its been 2 WEEKS... gimme a car!

This is not to mention the very real back pain my SO is feeling since the accident, plus the incrediable PITA this entire event has been.

I am not looking for anything unfair ( in my eyes )

1. Vehicle repairs at shop of my choice
2. Replacement vehicle for the month+ for repairs
3. Medical expenses paid for
4. something to offset the fact that now IF I were to sell the car, it would be sold as damaged / repaired.. THAT is the depreciation.... $30k car could no longer be sold for much over $20k IMO simply because of accident ( even after my driving enjoyment, top dollar is in the $20k's )
5. Something for my SO's pain... it is very real.. they should do something other than say " I'm sorry "

I will stay off my soapbox, since DHall1 has it covered for me... LOL

Steve

SAFE4NOW
July 5th, 2009, 17:05
1. Doctor visits are getting old and we are only 1/2 way through the required visits. My SO has real injury's from the accident and may require surgery to correct.:vgrumpy:
2. Teenager sent letter checking in on our condition. Asking for us to reply to his questions.. like " Was I rude at any time after the accident? " or Are we happy with the way things are being handled .. etc.. 1st, I laughed as he is not supposed to contact us, rather our attorney 2nd... he is obviously being put up to this and has no idea what we are having to put up with.... :noshake:
3. My first visit to see the car since leaving it off at Details Ltd for repairs. ( see attached pictures )
4. Looking like LoV has been places at or around $4750.00
5. We have determined that my car is THE infamous NASCAR Rs6 from previous posts ( My car HAD the large NASCAR wing and stickers, etc on it... ) :doh:

Looking like we will be back on the road 5-7 days... I am getting way bored with the Altima replacement car!:stick::incar:

Steve

Aronis
July 5th, 2009, 17:42
How's your neck? Um.

Mike

Yellow RS6
July 8th, 2009, 15:19
Steve, what do you mean by SO when talking about your injuries? Hope you don't need surgery.

So yours is the infamous NASCAR edition RS6? lol. How did you determine that, were there holes in the trunklid or something? I guess that does confirm that the number of IY RS6s is 3 then. Yours, mine, and the one sold at Riverside back in Jan. to the guy with the IY GTI 20th.

Get well soon, both of you :)

DuckWingDuck
July 8th, 2009, 16:36
SO = significant other.

Yellow RS6
July 8th, 2009, 17:09
Oh. I guess then it's get well soon all 3 of you, I didn't realize someone else was in the car with you.

DuckWingDuck
July 8th, 2009, 17:16
I think it was just Steve and his SO, not 3 people? Unless I guess you count the offender...

Yellow RS6
July 8th, 2009, 17:26
Nah, screw the offender. The 3rd get well is for the RS :)

SAFE4NOW
July 10th, 2009, 15:53
Steve, what do you mean by SO when talking about your injuries? Hope you don't need surgery.

So yours is the infamous NASCAR edition RS6? lol. How did you determine that, were there holes in the trunklid or something? I guess that does confirm that the number of IY RS6s is 3 then. Yours, mine, and the one sold at Riverside back in Jan. to the guy with the IY GTI 20th.

Get well soon, both of you :)

SO = Significant Other = Wife

She was the one driving.

When the body shop pulled the deck lid off and was swapping parts between the two, they found where the previous "NASCAR Wing " was mounted. They also found where one of the stickers was painted over.. doh.

So, yep, I am thinking this confirms the 3 of us... I just could not bring myself to convert mine over to track only ( Gutted, Cage, etc ) I enjoy driving it on the street too much!

The owner of the Body Shop offered to purchase my car after he spotted it out front sitting there waiting to be picked up Weds... I told him mine is not for sale, BUT I might know where another IS for sale... LOL

Thank you to everyone for their posts and PM's

Steve

p.s. My SO is still in rehab for her back..... I had to laugh when the driver ( teenager ) sent a Certified letter asking questions like 1. Was I at any time rude to you at the time of the accident 2. Are you happy with the settlement ( There has been no settlement ) 3. Are all issues resolved to my satisfaction... :noshake:

DHall1
July 10th, 2009, 16:40
Steve,

Get several opinions before having any surgery talk about your wifes back. Soft tissue rehab takes months and months to get results but its 100% better than any surgery. With the insurance paying the dime....go the rehab from the best clinic you can find.

Good luck and dont sign anything with a limit on time to collect damages. Because now you two have pre existing conditions that were caused by this accident and your standard personal health insurance may not cover in the future.

She was the one driving.

When the body shop pulled the deck lid off and was swapping parts between the two, they found where the previous "NASCAR Wing " was mounted. They also found where one of the stickers was painted over.. doh.

So, yep, I am thinking this confirms the 3 of us... I just could not bring myself to convert mine over to track only ( Gutted, Cage, etc ) I enjoy driving it on the street too much!

The owner of the Body Shop offered to purchase my car after he spotted it out front sitting there waiting to be picked up Weds... I told him mine is not for sale, BUT I might know where another IS for sale... LOL

Steve

p.s. My SO is still in rehab for her back..... I had to laugh when the driver ( teenager ) sent a Certified letter asking questions like 1. Was I at any time rude to you at the time of the accident 2. Are you happy with the settlement ( There has been no settlement ) 3. Are all issues resolved to my satisfaction... :noshake:

Yellow RS6
July 10th, 2009, 16:50

Yep, let him know. If he's serious, I can PM you my contact info. Thanks!

Good luck with all the injuries, legalities, repairs, etc., what a mess!

mmaturo
July 10th, 2009, 18:19

She was the one driving.

Steve

Good luck with it all...glad you aren't gutting the car...it is still one of three regardless of the damage so still special among RS6s...if it was a high mileage Daytona or Avus though...strip away.