PDA

View Full Version : Running Report

gdavison
May 14th, 2009, 21:30
Thought I'd take a few mins to start a running report thread on my RS6 ..

Summary - "liberated" from Audi Reading 25th April in this thread http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18319

So 3 weeks :
Mileage - 900 miles of sweet motoring
Average MPG - 19.1 ..
Additional costs over Fuel and Insurance : None
Failures/Repairs : None

Love driving it and take any excuse to take the long route, for instance had to go to the local shops today which are about a mile away from the house .. strangely it took over 45 mins to get there and I did 15 miles .. apologies to the Fiesta on the Lower Early Bypass who I completely flew past at around 70mph... sorry I meant 60 as it was not a dual carriage way

Have seen journeys on UK motorways "tootling along" with 20 mpg recorded .. Seen also the RS6 hates "hate" town driving in the fuel economy dept . these cars are not built to do 30 mph ;)

Complaints ... Hmm silly ones really so niggles only

1. Dont like that the MMI always seems to default to the Nav Input screen .. I am NOT using Navigation and am listening to the radio / media and I'd like it to default to a non navigation screen...

2. I used to like that in my Cayenne when I was sub a few mph, it assumed I was parking and turned on the sensors.. In the RS6 when going forward I have to hit the button, I know I am going to forget and granch the front spoiler on something

3. Ignition Key on left side of steering wheel drives me nuts as the key is always in my right hand as I get in :)

4. Sepang Blue is going to be a bitch to keep clean .. The UK pollen "storm" at the moment gives it a light green shimmer within an hour of washing

Loves ...
1. EVERYTHING about it :rs6kiss:

DHall1
May 15th, 2009, 03:54
It sound like your happy with the purchase. That is a wonderful auto for sure.

How in the world can I get my hands on one of these in the USA before Obama and Pelosi start regulating all the pig shit in China?

:vgrumpy:

gdavison
July 29th, 2009, 07:31
Latest update (10th July.. Forgot to post it)

Mileage : 2665 Miles

Computer shows following key points
Average MPG : 17.9
Average Speed 34mph

Additional costs over Fuel and Insurance : None
Failures/Repairs : None

Still very Happy driver

DonS
July 29th, 2009, 14:02
The lower MPG must mean you are driving more vigorously - and loving it!! Congrats and keep the updates coming.