PDA

View Full Version : APR Chip Owners Reflash with new software

dab
May 14th, 2009, 15:02
I took my car to a new local tuner epwerks and had them reflash the apr chip with a new version of the software. This tuner is owned by a 26 year old kid Ian Baas who happens to race for APR. One new feature is the ability to left foot brake which I have yet to try but will after they install new diverters. It already has produced a better seat of the pants acceleration, even with one of the diverters broken. The left foot brake should be interesting at the next stoplight or dragstrip, it is supposed to prevent the system from shutting down during power braking.

Fonzie Audi
May 14th, 2009, 15:27
Thanks for the update. Did it cost you any $$ to get the update? Did it effect the HP or TQ? It feels different?

dab
May 14th, 2009, 15:31
This particular tuner didn't charge me any labor to do the upgrade and checking what the issue was with losing boost. They spent an 1.5 hours without a charge in fact they are installing the diverters without a significant labor charge. It did accelerate stronger, but I don't know hp/tq numbers they don't own a dyno.

Fonzie Audi
May 14th, 2009, 15:32
i'm a little confused.. i just called APR and they said that there hasn't been an update for the ECU or TCU on the RS6 in over 2 years. Is this a custom map that your tuner made for you.. cause it seems that it isn't an "APR" originated update

dab
May 14th, 2009, 15:45
Mine had never been updated.. BTW I like your rims I have purchased the forged rs4 custom polished from hartmann in 06, wish I would have gotten the titanium. They are too hard to keep clean.

Fonzie Audi
May 14th, 2009, 16:02
yeah the brake dust doesn't even show up on my wheels.

Ok so you're just getting up to date with APR. Good stuff.. you got me excited there for a second!

Enjoy the tune - it's awesome. The foot brake works like a charm :burnout:

dab
May 14th, 2009, 16:24
yeah the brake dust doesn't even show up on my wheels.

Ok so you're just getting up to date with APR. Good stuff.. you got me excited there for a second!

Enjoy the tune - it's awesome. The foot brake works like a charm :burnout:

Looking forward to trying it out, have you tried it out at the dragstrip? My 60 ft time was really poor.

SeattleS4
May 14th, 2009, 21:29
My 60 ft time was really poor.

What was your 60ft time?

dab
May 15th, 2009, 13:36
What was your 60ft time?

I have never broken 2 seconds

STaley
May 15th, 2009, 14:10
Humm. I will look on the APR EMCS server this morning and check it out.
Mike