PDA

View Full Version : Mileage on a brand new RS6

Modulo
May 11th, 2009, 14:55
After waiting for 4 months I've got my new Avus silver RS6 Sedan. I will upload some pictures later. The car is fantastic. Now I know that I shouldn't pay much attention to the car journalists. Choppy ride? Here in Bulgaria we have the worst roads in the EU and in comfort mode the RS6 drives as good as the new 750i with run-flats. All the three suspension modes make perfect sense to me. Another journalist said that Sport mode is too brutal and useless. May be true to an SL guy but not to a Porsche driver.

One thing that I can agree with is that the steering is a bit dull. I got used to it very quickly but still it is not encouraging you to turn and do those crazy rapid lane changes as the Porsche.

I can't think of any other car on the market that can do so many things so good as the RS6.

And finally a question. The car came with 110 km on the odometer. Is this normal? The dealer (it's Porsche for Bulgaria) said that it's normal for the cars coming from Quatro GMBH.

Thanks.

Audi Racer
May 11th, 2009, 17:52
And finally a question. The car came with 110 km on the odometer. Is this normal? The dealer (it's Porsche for Bulgaria) said that it's normal for the cars coming from Quatro GMBH.

Thanks.

My last S4 B7 had similar mileage, didn't like it at all! so I know how u feel..
and I can't wait for the pictures, you must post them sone!

jonas21
May 11th, 2009, 18:59
My last S4 B7 had similar mileage, didn't like it at all! so I know how u feel..
and I can't wait for the pictures, you must post them sone!

when i picked up my rs6 at neckarsulm it had 25km on it...so i guess to some extend its normal. afaik you can reset the odometer via software (vag-com) if its below 100km....if its beyond that it wont allow the change (would need other tools....).

roadrunner
May 11th, 2009, 20:47

Thanks.

The quattro GmbH cars usually undergo a more thorough final testdrive before cleared for delivery.

By the way - congrats on the new ride :thumb:
Look forward to your pics and more impressions :cheers:

Rutkowsky
May 11th, 2009, 21:00
Congratulations!!

Ricoloco
May 11th, 2009, 21:09
I had just a few km on mine, but I could be that they had reset it.

gdavison
May 12th, 2009, 06:06
Mine had 51 miles on it .. So 82 Km's

Congrats on the new car

mdk
May 12th, 2009, 06:48
Modulo congratulations! It's a fine all around car :rs6kiss:
Enjoy it the most but also be extra careful driving her around BG :thumb:

Mine came with 80Km.

Leadfoot
May 12th, 2009, 09:49

Thanks.

They use to be able to reset the odometer within a certain time/mileage but I am unsure if that's this the case. It is customary for cars to be given a shake down run on delivery at the dealers, just to check everything is well but I can't imagine that the dealer did all these miles.

Qisha
May 12th, 2009, 10:05

Thanks.

Dear Modulo,

all RS cars run through a special quattro GmbH quality assurance program, to doublecheck all parameters are in the right level. Depending on specs this can variate from car to car. 110km is within a normal level. (cooling, oil flow etc.) If you ordered the ceramic brake option for example, this adds some kilometers since the brake is delivered to the customer already ingrained. (to assure a secure breakforce level)

No worries, enjoy your car! :incar:

Qisha

sallyh
May 12th, 2009, 11:20
Hi

Read all the material with the manual. Just got my Avant, with ceramic brakes, with about 120 Kms on it. Had been warned about this mileage by an RS4 owner. Nothing sinister like the dealer taking it for a joyride etc. Purely, and I quote "We demand constantly high quality from our vehicles, just as you do yourself. So all high performance models from quattro GmbH are subjected to a series of comprehensive inspections, and are thoroughly tested. Some vehicles may therefore have a few more miles on the clock than you would normally expect. But this is your proof that your Audi has been dispatched only after it has been thoroughly checked down to the last detail."

I can think of worse jobs than being an RS6 tester!

Modulo
May 12th, 2009, 21:25
Thanks to all of you guys for the replies! Thanks to your comments I checked a few very important boxes from the option list 4 months ago.

One funny thing about the car. There was a noise coming from the back while driving on bad roads. I thought it was the rear blind. After investigating for a few hours I found that the nuts holding the Bose block of components on the left side of the trunk were not tightened at all, even by hand. They were just put on the bolts. Hopefully they did not apply that "do it yourself" approach to the engine.

For the really curious, you need wrench size 8 for the nuts mounting the Bose :)