PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye for now

Copper
May 9th, 2009, 19:45
Well, I sold my Avus RS6 yesterday to a very nice gentleman that lives in Dallas, Texas.

I have been communicating with him for about a month and he flew in yesterday and then I picked him up from the Atlanta airport. We went to Jim Ellis Audi to have the car inspected ($200). Car was perfect. The dealer printed out all of the service records on for the car and provided them to the new owner. I have to contact Fidelity on Monday and transfer the extended warranty.

I wasn't super motivated to sell it but I got the money I wanted and he got an RS6 with everything he was looking for.

I've let the new owner know about RS6.com and told him to join and up introduce himself to the group. Hopefully he will.

Special thanks to Erik for developing and maintaining this excellent online forum. It has saved me literally thousands of dollars with the collective knowledge gleaned from this tight-knit community.

Thanks again to everyone and safe travels. (Keep in under 140) :cheers:

SAF
May 9th, 2009, 20:17
Hate to see you go!

DuckWingDuck
May 9th, 2009, 20:39
we'll miss you sean!

DHall1
May 9th, 2009, 21:59
Sean,

Keep the shiny side up on those bikes.

I want to complete the Vail and Leadville 100s again when I hit 50. I will need to train a whole year to make that happen at this age.

Best of luck.

Dave

SAFE4NOW
May 10th, 2009, 00:46
Well, I sold my Avus RS6 yesterday to a very nice gentleman that lives in Dallas, Texas.

I have been communicating with him for about a month and he flew in yesterday and then I picked him up from the Atlanta airport. We went to Jim Ellis Audi to have the car inspected ($200). Car was perfect. The dealer printed out all of the service records on for the car and provided them to the new owner. I have to contact Fidelity on Monday and transfer the extended warranty.

I wasn't super motivated to sell it but I got the money I wanted and he got an RS6 with everything he was looking for.

I've let the new owner know about RS6.com and told him to join and up introduce himself to the group. Hopefully he will.

Special thanks to Erik for developing and maintaining this excellent online forum. It has saved me literally thousands of dollars with the collective knowledge gleaned from this tight-knit community.

Thanks again to everyone and safe travels. (Keep in under 140) :cheers:

You know I never put 2 and 2 together... I actually spoke with your buyer in debth and in person about Rs6's, let him drive my car Thursday afternoon, all in order for him to come out to you.....

Small world.. Well I am glad both of you got what you were looking for! I now know he got an excellent example of the Rs6!

Steve

Erik
May 10th, 2009, 18:02
You're welcome. And welcome back...

Spidercat
May 12th, 2009, 00:44
Noooooo!
Hate to see you go!
I feel like we've lost you twice (both RS6s)!
Happy Trails!

Benman
May 12th, 2009, 18:05
No reason you can't stay in touch. :cheers:

Ben:addict:

ben916
May 12th, 2009, 18:27
Yeah, pop in and drop a line or two!

Copper
May 14th, 2009, 19:46
Thanks all!

I'll stop in and say hello when I can.

I just bought a 1971 Ford Torino to resto-mod so we'll see how that goes!