PDA

View Full Version : R8 FL when?

QuattroFun
May 8th, 2009, 16:37
Any well educated guesses - or even better - knowledge when the R8 will receive its FL? I understand from Kreso's posts that the updated 450PS HDZ 4.2 V8 would debut from MY2011. However, anybody reckon that the car be refreshed in any other way at that time - next summer would be only 3 years since the first R8s hit the streets. Apart from more power of course, I would also really welcome a cut in C02 from the manual's current 332g for tax reasons....

RXBG
May 8th, 2009, 21:11
physically nothing will change except features and options imo. the body and all will stay the same. i hear an updated MMI-type of nav system will probably be the only signficant interior change this car will ever get (2011 MY) till it is replaced.

i DO expect a HP bump per new V8 (~450-460 e.g. RS5) in MY 2011. with a less likely, yet still possible, HP bump for the V10 too. all on schedule for a brand new car in MY 2014 imo.

QuattroFun
May 9th, 2009, 20:16
Thx/so if I would want to buy a R8 for life and the V10 is too much, then there would be limited reason to wait I suppose. For me, 420PS is enough but worried about resale value if a major update hits the stores. Thinking about a manual, std SS (not MR), std 18" alloys and a minimum of eletric engines to increase durability, to save weight and to have a reasonably comfortable and yet engaging drive at normal road speeds. How many have opted for the full nappa leather code PL3? Is it worth the money over the standard nappa PL1? Thinking about suzuka grey exterior (however, with neither carbon sideblade nor titanium wheels) and full nappa leather black with red seams...