PDA

View Full Version : Value?

2manycars
August 14th, 2003, 23:53
With the next RS6 already announced for the 2006 model year, will it totally kill any value left for any of us who hold onto their cars for more than 2.5-3 years?

I had thought they were not going to have this car available again, but according the Audi club magazine, they are working on the new one already. They want a car that will surpass the upcoming M5.

Oh well, the car is terrfic anyway, and I didn't buy it as an investment, or even to hold its own.

iconcls
August 15th, 2003, 00:15
few years down the road the benchmark always shifts so they're bound to depreciate.

I was always under the impression there would be more RS 6 and 4's; it's usually only a question if we'll get them stateside.

And I certainly hope they continue to develop and bring over the RS's. The moment there is an official B6 RS 4 announcement, I'll be at my dealer with deposit in hand.

Finnus
August 15th, 2003, 12:47
With the next RS6 already announced for the 2006 model year, will it totally kill any value left for any of us who hold onto their cars for more than 2.5-3 years?

IMO: I think with only 1,000 2003s Stateside, the value will hold up better than your average Audi. In 3 years, the 2003 will still be a Monster, and many people still won't be able to afford the newer Beast.

I think it's great that Audi is already setting it's sights on the next RS6. The super sedan wars continue! Won't we all want the 2006 RS6 to trounce the 2005 M5?

Personally, I would rather see new RS4s & 6s rather than the RS8. As soon as either of those are announced, I'm plunking down my deposit. Lets hope that they continue to offer new RS models here in the US. And, I hope they don't wuss out on the RSR.

Finnus :addict:

Erik
August 15th, 2003, 14:48
Originally posted by Finnus
And, I hope they don't wuss out on the RSR.

It will be released at IAA in Frankfurt in mid-Sept.
I'll be there.

Benman
August 15th, 2003, 15:26
Originally posted by Erik
It will be released at IAA in Frankfurt in mid-Sept.
I'll be there.
and you KNOW we will want LOTS and LOTS of pictures:cheers:

Ben:addict:

Erik
August 15th, 2003, 15:28
Originally posted by Benman
and you KNOW we will want LOTS and LOTS of pictures

Will have to get a digital camera soon I think...

The rolls of film from Nürburgring set me back (another) 150 dollars... :eek:

Snow
August 15th, 2003, 15:47
Heck, if we get pictures from the upcoming RS 6 you could borrow my Minolta DiMAGE F200 if you want! :D

Mid september you say? I'll think about it... A visit would be nice. Not too far away from my relatives in Hamburg (is there a limit of how far you can travel to get to see such a rarity :rolleyes: )

Benman
August 15th, 2003, 15:49
Originally posted by Erik
Will have to get a digital camera soon I think...

The rolls of film from Nürburgring set me back (another) 150 dollars... :eek:

Good Night:bigeyes: :bigeyes: yes, you need a digital camera:D

Ben:addict:

gmbh6
August 15th, 2003, 17:52
IMO: I think with only 1,000 2003s Stateside, the value will hold up better than your average Audi. In 3 years, the 2003 will still be a Monster, and many people still won't be able to afford the newer Beast.

Nicely said. :addict:

My salesguy tried to pull that "only RS6....no more".......I politely told him to blow out his azz. He also said a bunch of other things that I could not get him to put down in ink.

Let's all take the glass is half full approach and enjoy our "ultra-exclusive" club to the fullest.

One thing is for sure.......no 2004 RS6.

AND

The next RS6 will have a different body style.

......sounds like the makings of a classic.......if you can keep the mileage low that is.
:vsad2: :blush: :incar: :race: :D

Finnus
August 16th, 2003, 03:03
......sounds like the makings of a classic.......if you can keep the mileage low that is.

I've had the Beast exactly one month today and I've already got 2,500 miles on it! At this rate, I'll be off warranty in 1 year and 8 months. :MTM:

Yikes, I better slow down.

Finnus

:addict:

gmbh6
August 16th, 2003, 16:44
At this rate, I'll be off warranty in 1 year and 8 months. :MTM:

oh yeah.....i always forget about that 40,000 mile part :(

Finnus
August 16th, 2003, 17:09
i always forget about that 40,000 mile part

I believe the US warranty is 4 years/50,000 miles. If its 40,000 I'm in real trouble 'cause at this rate, I'll be off in 1 year and 4 months!

Finnus:addict: