PDA

View Full Version : Remember the NYC Blackout in the 70's?

Klint
August 14th, 2003, 23:33
Well...something similar has struck again! The late arrival of the millenium bug?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3152451.stm

You heard it here first. ;)

Just hope that those who need the electricity to stay alive are OK.

:cheers:

krabu
August 14th, 2003, 23:53
Talking about blackouts...
We had a blackout in the city I live in a couple of months ago and I was at friend who's a security guard. 10 minutes after the power had gone they call him up from the station and asks him if he's available for some extra-time.
Ofcourse he was so he went to work, but the thing is why they called.
When the power and all the lights go out, the criminally goes throught the roof - all the bad guys hit the streets since they can "work" at parking lots and on industrial land without without getting seen. Kinda scary actually...

(what I did when he left to work? Ofcourse I went down to my work and guarded it) :hihi:

Klint
August 15th, 2003, 02:42
Krabu, I never thought about criminals becoming more active during times of crisis...:mad:

Apparantly the cause of the black out is being blamed on a lightning strike... I'm convinced. :rolleyes:

But Mr.Bloomberg did mention something about the Power Grid being strained as it was, when the story was rather new, so that could've been a truth behind the so called 'lightning strike' :hihi:

:cheers: