PDA

View Full Version : Any RS6 for sale

Ben Stiller
April 30th, 2009, 18:18
Looking to purchase an RS6...any color exterior/dark interior, preferably carbon fiber under 50K miles. If you have one or know of a good one please let me know. Location anywhere in the US.

Cheers!

DHall1
April 30th, 2009, 18:35
Yeah, the pickings are slim right now. Very few good ones left.

:cheers:

Looking to purchase an RS6...any color exterior/dark interior, preferably carbon fiber under 50K miles. If you have one or know of a good one please let me know. Location anywhere in the US.

Cheers!

Copper
April 30th, 2009, 19:41
Looks like mine will be sold next week. Just like that, they dried up and now owners are getting asking prices for the few that are left on the market.

ben916
April 30th, 2009, 20:24
I know of one... :)

ACTUALLY I know of two.....

M5 Eater
April 30th, 2009, 20:41

Cheers!

I might know of one that is for sale, the owner posts on here. The user's name is Yellow RS6. Give him a PM and see if he is still looking at selling. I hope that this helps.

BenA
April 30th, 2009, 21:01
I noticed one for sale in AutoWeek magazine. 11k miles. Daytona gray over black and carbon fiber. Didn't list a price.

2003 Audi DAYTONA RS6
<TABLE class=ClassifiedDetails width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=Year><TD class=image>http://autoweek.anmarketplace.com/images/class/001732411905
click image to enlarge (javascript:Classifieds_Popup( '001732411905' );)</TD><TD class=Value>PERFECT CONDITION!! Gray, 11,250 Mi, Maintained by Enthusiast Always Garaged. Fully Detailed 4x/yr. Fully Loaded Incl. Spare Snow Tires. </TD></TR><TR class=Make><TD class=Label>Contact</TD><TD class=Value>George 212-980-0500 (NY) </TD></TR><TR class=Model><TD class=Label>E-mail</TD><TD class=Value>ganc@axionnyk.com (ganc@axionnyk.com)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Amulet-S6
April 30th, 2009, 21:34
"Click image to enlarge" I'd need a jumbotron to see it Funny stuff!

Ben Stiller
April 30th, 2009, 22:04
Thanks for the responses...there's one on Ebay without an extended warranty...anyone know anything about it? I think they'd take $34Kish.

Cheers

ben916
April 30th, 2009, 22:16
Thanks for the responses...there's one on Ebay without an extended warranty...anyone know anything about it? I think they'd take $34Kish.

Cheers

This one????

http://www.morries-cadillac.com/VehicleSearchResults?pageName=NewVehicleSearch&make=&model=&search=new&search=preowned&search=certified

Ben Stiller
April 30th, 2009, 22:25
That's the one...sounds like Fidelity is the best extended warranty. Anyone think otherwise?

Cheers

Copper
April 30th, 2009, 22:35
Fidelity is a good option.

DHall1
April 30th, 2009, 23:03
Wow, another one with 11k on Autotrader right now.

Thumbs up for the prices holding.

I noticed one for sale in AutoWeek magazine. 11k miles. Daytona gray over black and carbon fiber. Didn't list a price.

2003 Audi DAYTONA RS6
<TABLE class=ClassifiedDetails width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=Year><TD class=image></TD><TD class=Value>PERFECT CONDITION!! Gray, 11,250 Mi, Maintained by Enthusiast Always Garaged. Fully Detailed 4x/yr. Fully Loaded Incl. Spare Snow Tires. </TD></TR><TR class=Make><TD class=Label>Contact</TD><TD class=Value>George 212-980-0500 (NY) </TD></TR><TR class=Model><TD class=Label>E-mail</TD><TD class=Value>ganc@axionnyk.com (ganc@axionnyk.com)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

DHall1
April 30th, 2009, 23:05
Well,

If the sharks smell blood they will come in for the kill.

If there is no blood...the sharks will have to pay alittle more.

Sorry to see your car getting sold.

Looks like mine will be sold next week. Just like that, they dried up and now owners are getting asking prices for the few that are left on the market.

V8weight
April 30th, 2009, 23:18

Cheers
This car is local to me. Let me know if you would like me to go kick the tires for you. Actually, I wouldn't mind driving it for you, looks like mine is spending the weekend at the dealership for front O2 sensors.

JCT2033
May 1st, 2009, 06:11

Cheers!

Blue / Silver / Carbon / RNS-E / H-Sport Sway Bar / SE Exhaust / New break pad and rotors / New tires / 43K miles / CPO until Oct, 2009.

Copper
May 1st, 2009, 09:41
Dave,

I had quite a few people contact me after the eBay auction asking about the car and if it was still available. A nice gentlemen from Texas is flying over next week to have it inspected and (if all goes well) drive it home. I'll encourage him so sign on to the board and introduce himself, etc. if he hasn't already. There are two others waiting to see what happens but I'm being fair with a "first come first served" process.

Though a Nissan Maxima is hardly a valid replacement for the RS6, it has proven to be a good long distance driver with excellent road manners, decent power (290HP) and fuel mileage (28MPG on a recent trip to New Orleans for JazzFest from Atlanta and back- my bladder gives out before the fuel tank does). It has a Hard Drive NAV system, BlueTooth, IPOD Interface, CF Reader, Hard Drive MusicBox, Voice Control, Steering Wheel controls, dual sunroofs, touch screen (I hate the click/scroll on the Audi NAV), air conditioned and heated seats, power rear sunscreen, auto one touch buttons for all windows and sunroof, 19" wheels, auto headlights, memory seats/mirrors, rear passenger audio and climate control..... but not the same power thrill that the RS6 provides. In manual or Ms mode it is still a fun, high-reving car but the torque steer... uh not so good.

This summer I'll be looking for a 2-door hobby car of some sort but I'm so busy with work and family that the RS6 has just been sitting in the garage anyway so I'm not all that upset to see it go to a new owner.

Turboluvr
May 1st, 2009, 14:58
They were asking $50K for the Jumbotron car above posted in Autoweek. It does come with a set of extra wheels w/ snow tires...I guess that's the extra $10K.

DuckWingDuck
May 1st, 2009, 16:06
lmao@wheels costing an extra $10K. They better be made of platinum or some other precious metal!

Yellow RS6
May 1st, 2009, 20:56

Cheers!

I might know of one that is for sale, the owner posts on here. The user's name is Yellow RS6. Give him a PM and see if he is still looking at selling. I hope that this helps.

Thanks Josh!

Yep, still looking to sell. Imola Yellow, black, carbon fiber, plus nav, warm weather pkg, sound exhaust, and rear side airbags. The only criteria that doesn't fit is it has 60K miles. Let me know if you're interested, I have a bunch of pics.

BenA
May 1st, 2009, 21:27
Apologies for the massive picture... some kind of cruel cut-and-paste trick! I wouldn't recommend touching that "Click image to enlarge" button.

"Click image to enlarge" I'd need a jumbotron to see it Funny stuff!

DHall1
May 1st, 2009, 21:41
Still, some good laughs for the sizing.

Apologies for the massive picture... some kind of cruel cut-and-paste trick! I wouldn't recommend touching that "Click image to enlarge" button.

DHall1
May 1st, 2009, 21:43
Jumbotron car.

:thumb:

They were asking $50K for the Jumbotron car above posted in Autoweek. It does come with a set of extra wheels w/ snow tires...I guess that's the extra $10K.

DHall1
May 1st, 2009, 21:48
Sean,

Yeah, my last rental car was a Maxima. The torque steer just about killed me.

J/K

My car goes in Monday for the new DRC setup. The contact and followup from AoA has been fantastic. Svc manager is taking the car and the tech at the dealer is the only one touching my car. He (tech) is the RS6 guru and the only one at the dealership that touches the DRC. Plus, he has already performed the fix with another RS6 and used the new special tool.

I think all the bases are covered here and the DRC will get fixed properly.

Hey, I hope your car goes to a good home and gets the care and attention that you have given it.

Dave,

I had quite a few people contact me after the eBay auction asking about the car and if it was still available. A nice gentlemen from Texas is flying over next week to have it inspected and (if all goes well) drive it home. I'll encourage him so sign on to the board and introduce himself, etc. if he hasn't already. There are two others waiting to see what happens but I'm being fair with a "first come first served" process.

Though a Nissan Maxima is hardly a valid replacement for the RS6, it has proven to be a good long distance driver with excellent road manners, decent power (290HP) and fuel mileage (28MPG on a recent trip to New Orleans for JazzFest from Atlanta and back- my bladder gives out before the fuel tank does). It has a Hard Drive NAV system, BlueTooth, IPOD Interface, CF Reader, Hard Drive MusicBox, Voice Control, Steering Wheel controls, dual sunroofs, touch screen (I hate the click/scroll on the Audi NAV), air conditioned and heated seats, power rear sunscreen, auto one touch buttons for all windows and sunroof, 19" wheels, auto headlights, memory seats/mirrors, rear passenger audio and climate control..... but not the same power thrill that the RS6 provides. In manual or Ms mode it is still a fun, high-reving car but the torque steer... uh not so good.

This summer I'll be looking for a 2-door hobby car of some sort but I'm so busy with work and family that the RS6 has just been sitting in the garage anyway so I'm not all that upset to see it go to a new owner.

DonS
May 4th, 2009, 16:38
Go with the Fidelity as suggested above. My local Wisconsin Audi dealer is pushing a warranty from Genuine, but their own Service Advisors told me they perfer to work with Fideliyy.

Here is pricing I got from a California Audi dealer:

"Fidelity Platinum coverage ... <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

6/72 $4717.00<o:p></o:p>

6/60 $4100.00<o:p></o:p>

5/60 $3964.00<o:p></o:p>

4/60 $3910.00<o:p></o:p>

4/48 $3514.00<o:p></o:p>

3/36 $2998.00<o:p></o:p>

2/24 $2530.00<o:p></o:p>

1/12 $2172.00<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

All prices eligible for a 10% discount if warranty purchased within 30 days."<o:p></o:p>

I feel like I stole my RS6 a couple of weeks ago - Avus \ 38k miles \ wood not carbon trim \ all maint up to date \ clear CarFax \ possible paintwork on front bumper \ $28.5k.

Good luck on your quest. Be persistant, hit 'em at the end of the month...

Ben Stiller
May 4th, 2009, 17:51
Hey Don,

Did you purchase from a dealer or individual?

Thx

DonS
May 4th, 2009, 18:06
The car came from a small dealer. He seems to buy cars at auctions and flip them for a quick buck. This RS6 languished on a dealers lot becuse it was overpriced before heading to auction. Basically, I got lucky!:dance:

Hagancue
May 4th, 2009, 18:21
Ben,

I just listed my Dk Blue RS6 on Ebay. 40,800 miles, bought from Audi as a CPO car, just had the factory DRC upgrade completed. 45,000 mile service completed. This is a really clean two owner car. If you are interested PM me at Hagancue@aol.com.

Bill Hagan

DHall1
May 5th, 2009, 06:38
Don,

You did your research. No luck there. You found a good potential car and posted on RS6.com for more. A few of us remembered this car because we considered it last year when it was on the Audi lot. Overpriced at Audi and went to auction.

Fast forward and you stole that car for the money. It was criminal....you should pay a fine or something.

:thumb:

Oh, and please, please, please say you purchased the Audi/Fidelity Platinum policy. Please

The car came from a small dealer. He seems to buy cars at auctions and flip them for a quick buck. This RS6 languished on a dealers lot becuse it was overpriced before heading to auction. Basically, I got lucky!:dance:

DonS
May 5th, 2009, 14:20
Yep. I maxed out the Platinum Fidelity at 6 years 72,000 miles to cover lots of some arse.

Come on Ben Stiller what are you looking at and how can we help!!

Ben Stiller
May 5th, 2009, 15:37
Funny you should ask. Anyone know anything about this car or dealer in Atlanta?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=259079569&dealer_id=63861313&car_year=2003&rdm=1241535976973&model=RS6&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&sownerid=1046574&showZipError=y&make=AUDI&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=06854&advanced=&end_year=2010&doors=&transmission=&max_price=35000&cardist=778&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

Spoke with them and they seem well intentioned, although I usually don't deal with small dealers...usually private party.

I'd really like something with < 40K miles...the ebay car in MN is chipped so no warranty.

Was offered a '03 C4S with 25K miles for $36K...private party. Seems awfully good. Any insight into how that car matches up to 'The Beast' in performance. Seems a bit more reliable...no extended warranty needed.

Thanks Guys

DonS
May 5th, 2009, 15:55
How about this one in MN at a dealer: http://www.morries-cadillac.com/VehicleDetails/380124383. I ran a CarFax on it (and a number of other RS6s) a few weeks ago and its history was clean. I can forward it to you - just PM me. My CarFax subscription just ran out so all I have access to is ones I already ran.

Yellow RS6
May 5th, 2009, 15:57
That's literally about 5 minutes from my work. I could run over and check it out for you if you want. Just let me know who you talked to, your name, etc.

But honestly, if rear seat and trunk space aren't a need, I would go for the C4S. Performance-wise, it won't be as fast in a straight line, but handling and braking should be much better (or at least feel better) since it weighs 500+ pounds less. Maintenance should be less too. JMO

Yellow RS6
May 5th, 2009, 16:00
Argh, too slow on the reply. Ben, obviously I was referring to the one you posted in GA, not in MN -lol.

DHall1
May 5th, 2009, 17:11
Way back when....I drove a 996TT and RS6 back to back.

RS6 wins. Hands down.

I have not looked at another 996TT again.

I got my baby. :rs6kiss:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=259079569&dealer_id=63861313&car_year=2003&rdm=1241535976973&model=RS6&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&sownerid=1046574&showZipError=y&make=AUDI&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=06854&advanced=&end_year=2010&doors=&transmission=&max_price=35000&cardist=778&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

Spoke with them and they seem well intentioned, although I usually don't deal with small dealers...usually private party.

I'd really like something with < 40K miles...the ebay car in MN is chipped so no warranty.

Was offered a '03 C4S with 25K miles for $36K...private party. Seems awfully good. Any insight into how that car matches up to 'The Beast' in performance. Seems a bit more reliable...no extended warranty needed.

Thanks Guys

DHall1
May 5th, 2009, 17:13
Don,

Good to hear. We are both going to enjoy these cars for many many years to come.

Let cap and trade hammer the economy and gas prices go thru the roof. I will still be driving my baby. :rs6kiss:

Yep. I maxed out the Platinum Fidelity at 6 years 72,000 miles to cover lots of some arse.

Come on Ben Stiller what are you looking at and how can we help!!

Yellow RS6
May 6th, 2009, 20:42

Thanks Guys

Clay, there was a short break in the rain today and I was able to do a somewhat quick check of this car for you. I'll PM you my findings but one big concern was when I fired it up, the dash said "Service" and I didn't see a 45k service in the records. Adding to that, the 35K was done a little early, around 32 or 33K, so unless I missed it somewhere in the encyclopedia-sized stack of service records, you're looking at 15k+ miles since the last oil change. Check your PM for the rest.