PDA

View Full Version : Will the current Audi RS6 also be produced in limited numbers?

FSI_ooomph
April 28th, 2009, 16:29
Hey guys! I'm actually new here. I wanna sell my 2004 Mercedes E55 AMG and replace it either with an Audi RS6 or a BMW M5. I'm just really curious, is the current Audi RS6 gonna be produced in limited numbers? And why was the previous RS6 discontinued. And why isn't there an Audi RS4 in the current Audi Range?:revs:

SAF
April 28th, 2009, 16:50
Any RS is a limited run. The US market limits it even more ... if we even sees them at all. Where are you?

FSI_ooomph
April 28th, 2009, 17:13
Any RS is a limited run. The US market limits it even more ... if we even sees them at all. Where are you?

If any RS model is a limited run, what is Audi's answer to BMW's M5 and Mercedes' E63? The S6 just isn't enough.

Erik
April 28th, 2009, 17:28
Hi FSI and welcome. What's your location?

I wouldn't say that the RS series is a limited run - I'm sure Audi would like to sell as many as possible! :D

It is true that the RS6 C5 for USA was sort of limited, and that the RS6 Plus was limited to 999 examples.

I'd say S6 = BMW 550, S4 = BMW 335 etc.

quattro GmbH has a limited output, therefore they cannot have all models in production at the same time.

DuckWingDuck
April 28th, 2009, 18:39
Well, Quattro, AMG, and M are all technically "limited run" type sub-manufacturers.

DHall1
April 28th, 2009, 18:54
Having owned and currently own both the E55 and RS6.

I would tell you to keep your E55.

Hey guys! I'm actually new here. I wanna sell my 2004 Mercedes E55 AMG and replace it either with an Audi RS6 or a BMW M5. I'm just really curious, is the current Audi RS6 gonna be produced in limited numbers? And why was the previous RS6 discontinued. And why isn't there an Audi RS4 in the current Audi Range?:revs:

RS6-4dr911
April 28th, 2009, 21:32
DHall, say it ain't so? Thought you were an ardent fan?

What is it? The net result performance of the car or the pain of getting and staying there?

DHall1
April 28th, 2009, 21:52
I wondered how long that comment would take. :deal:

I do enjoy the RS and it runs circles around the E55 when its operating but, were in the midst of all this DRC repair syndrome crap. It s a pain in the ass and history has shown it to be a pain. I can only hope the current repair is good and we can all move on. I also hope the new Audi dealer service is up to my standards and the service writers dont talk down to customers. I dont need 25yr old kids telling me what I "need" to do and "how" to maintain my car. I have my Audi copy of the RS6 service intervals and follow each line item. Some customers are very, very well informed. Sales people and service people that think they can sell have a difficult time with such informed customers. What they fail to realize is that those "informed" customers can be some of the most loyal and generally have the wallet to keep you in business when times are tough. :doh:

As it stands, my RS has been parked for several weeks. Just last weekend we took the AMG up to Phoenix. My wife asked why we seem to be taking her car all the time. "Well honey, my car is still broke and its no fun to drive" As I put my tail between my legs and drive her car because its working as designed.

That my friends just plain sucks. :w:

DHall, say it ain't so? Thought you were an ardent fan?

What is it? The net result performance of the car or the pain of getting and staying there?

DuckWingDuck
April 28th, 2009, 22:04
just wait til the e55 go down. my friend's e55 has had problems from day 1

DHall1
April 28th, 2009, 22:49
I hear ya. But thinking about it....wow that would be worse if our E55 were a lemon. The smack down is worse from the lady of the house.

"You picked this car for me. Why is it in the shop so much and how could you pick such a lemon!" Oh shit :bow:

:lovl:

So far the E55 is without any problem. None, Zero, Nada, Nothing, No trips to the dealer at all. In that context, its fun to hop in on the weekends and run around when my car is broke and no fun to drive.

just wait til the e55 go down. my friend's e55 has had problems from day 1

snoopra
April 29th, 2009, 01:05
D, I'm sure the E55 will be problem-free for many moons to come. DWD, there's always one or two lemons in the basket, your friend should've turned it back in from day one. Don't they have "Lemon Laws" in your friend's state?

DuckWingDuck
April 29th, 2009, 01:43
California's lemon law is kinda strict, and I'm not saying that they're all like that, just that whenever he's had downtime, it's been more significant than mine.

FSI_ooomph
April 29th, 2009, 06:22
Nothing wrong with my E55 just want a new sports saloon. I'm just worried. What if the RS6's production is ended. Will Audi still service my car?

So are RS cars really limited? Is that the reason why the RS4 is no longer in the current Audi range?

DHall1
April 29th, 2009, 07:25
Are you looking at the C5 RS6 or C6 RS6?

Your good on service for the car.

We need alittle more information here.

Nothing wrong with my E55 just want a new sports saloon. I'm just worried. What if the RS6's production is ended. Will Audi still service my car?

So are RS cars really limited? Is that the reason why the RS4 is no longer in the current Audi range?

Erik
April 29th, 2009, 08:28
What if the RS6's production is ended. Will Audi still service my car?

Both the RS6 C5 and E55 haven't been built new for a long while... :deal:

SAF
April 29th, 2009, 16:57
Again, where are you and what model RS6 are you talking about?

Either way, of course Audi will service the car, they made it and sold it.

jonas21
April 30th, 2009, 00:55
just for info:

(Audi RS6 C6)
Audi RS6 cars made 2007: 35
Audi RS6 cars made 2008: 3780
Audi RS4 cars made 2007: 5292
Audi RS4 cars made 2008: 851
Audi R8 cars made 2007: 4125
Audi R8 cars made 2008: 5656
Lambo Gallardo 2007: 1951
Lambo Gallardo 2008: 1787
Lambo Murcielargo 2007: 629
Lambo Murcielargo 2008: 637

Source: Audi annual report 2008

If of any interesst i can try to get pictures of it. Audi sent me a large package along with infos...

DuckWingDuck
April 30th, 2009, 05:55
Wow, almost 10,000 R8s? That's an amazing number IMO.

FSI_ooomph
April 30th, 2009, 08:50
I am interested in the RS6. I am really considering this car. Anyway, are those 2 turbochargers safe? Will it not give too much PSI to the engine?

jonas21
April 30th, 2009, 11:06
I am interested in the RS6. I am really considering this car. Anyway, are those 2 turbochargers safe? Will it not give too much PSI to the engine?

if you dont touch it and run it stock...sure. if you go for tuning...well it depends.