PDA

View Full Version : RS5 Sportback

tailpipe
April 28th, 2009, 16:28
The new A5 Sportback looks as if it is going to be a very attractive car. I understand that Audi will offer an S version of it, but I wonder if there will also be an RS version too. I hope so. It seems that RS models are now becoming more mainstream with several in production concurrently. I wonder what level of capacity quattro GmbH has and whether it can keep up with demand.

The Pretender
April 28th, 2009, 17:00
http://www.autoscoops.eu/files/imagecache/full_width/nieuws/2008/11/audi-rs5-sportback-w.jpg

RXBG
April 28th, 2009, 17:50
THAT is hotttttt

tailpipe
April 28th, 2009, 17:53
Pretender, your picture makes me think that an RS5 Sportback with 460 bhp and Quattro would be like a Porsche Panamera turbo, except that it would only cost half as much while offering an almost identical level of performance. Sweet.

Ruergard
April 29th, 2009, 18:02
That could easily fill the gap of a B8 RS4. And what a sweat ride it could be.. :love:

Benman
April 29th, 2009, 20:10
Pretender, your picture makes me think that an RS5 Sportback with 460 bhp and Quattro would be like a Porsche Panamera turbo, except that it would only cost half as much while offering an almost identical level of performance. Sweet.

And to add, would look better while doing that! :D

Ben:addict:

G@Fourtitude
May 12th, 2009, 13:53
I'm pretty sure there's no truth to this rumor FYI. I did a photoshop of the car after we did a Sportback for an article on Fourtitude and the RS 5 is sooooo close to the Panamera. Also, I've asked around and most Audi people are giving me indications this was the product of a healthy imagination and a slow news week.

Here are those pchops though for your viewing pleasure.

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/uploads/Audi_News/a5_sportback_header.jpg

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/uploads/Audi_News/rs5_sportback.jpg

tailpipe
May 13th, 2009, 10:01
Hey, thanks George. That RS5 Sportback is gorgeous. I happen to like how the Panamera looks very much, but somehow Audi's design language seems more modern, better balanced and generally more appealing. But, as I said, what excites me most is the idea of Panamera performance at a fraction of the cost. Audi has to make this car.

I am beginning to suspect that the Panamera is built on an Audi platform and rather than being a radically new model is simply another MLP derivative. That being the case, i expect we will see a slew of new Porsche models based on the TT/ Scirocco, A4/ A4 and Toareg/ Q7 platforms.

Apologies for going off topic.

Leadfoot
May 13th, 2009, 16:22
I just want a ultra light weight A4/5/6/8 with extremely efficient engines giving us the same performance or better than we are currently getting but using no more fuel than a Golf TDi.

In the words of StarTrek's Jean-Luc Picard "make is so". :D

Benman
May 13th, 2009, 17:38
In the words of StarTrek's Jean-Luc Picard "make is so". :D

"Make IT So". ;)

Ben:addict:

tailpipe
May 13th, 2009, 18:15
:hihi:

Oh no!Leadfoot, are you a Trekkie?

Leadfoot
May 13th, 2009, 19:42
:hihi:

Oh no!Leadfoot, are you a Trekkie?

A Trekkie through and through.

'Live long and prosper':jlol:

I can't wait until my next Audi has wrap drive and Scottie is my mechanic.

gdavison
May 14th, 2009, 06:16
That could easily fill the gap of a B8 RS4. And what a sweat ride it could be.. :love:

I am sure it will have Air Conditioning in it to keep cool ... :lovl:

Ruergard
May 14th, 2009, 16:28
I am sure it will have Air Conditioning in it to keep cool ... :lovl:

Good one! :thumb:

:doh:

Fehli
November 26th, 2009, 16:46
What you think comes an RS5 Sportback until 2010 or 2011???:love2:

I hope

tailpipe
November 26th, 2009, 20:22
I just wonder if it will be released concurrently with the RS5 coupe?

As much as I would lust after an RS5 Sportback, I still want a new RS4 Avant more. I still think that a beefed-up NA 4.2 litre V8 is wrong, (sorry Kreso), and I wish Audi would hurry up and produce a turbocharged V8.