PDA

View Full Version : Not as horny anymore

RS6-4dr911
April 23rd, 2009, 02:22
Anyone ever had their horns go silent? Checked several forums' archives, nothing like this I could find.

Frequently sounded like one horn was sick, then the other day, nothing.

Fuse is fine, relay is fine, both horns are fine (jumped the relay = "honk"). Apparently not getting voltage into the relay, mechanic thinks its in the spiral spring that also ties into the steering wheel position sensor.

Anyone, anyone, Bueller?:vhmmm:

V8weight
April 23rd, 2009, 02:29
I think your mechanic is correct, sounds like a bad clock spring to me.

DuckWingDuck
April 23rd, 2009, 03:51
my horn's bad but my tech knows about it, just a bitch to pull off the bumper to reconnect, so, that's my story ;D

btw +1 on the topic. heh.

RS6-4dr911
April 24th, 2009, 23:24
V8's the winner but I wish he weren't. $700 installed. Would have preferred it were the $400 worth of unnecessarily replaced horns. (Had always sounded weak so I'll ratonalize that they needed replacing anyway).:vgrumpy:

DuckWingDuck
April 24th, 2009, 23:25
wtf, $700 for a friggin' horn? Let me just steal the little kids' bike horns from across the street.

SAF
April 25th, 2009, 00:47
...down on knees...

Please Lord, watch over my out-of-warranty RS6 and keep it healthy. I love and cherish her, but it will test my faithfulness if she gets sick on my dime.

STaley
April 25th, 2009, 02:15
Some Jackass decided to yank into my lane today on the way home. So I tap the brakes and press the horn.. all I get is this tiny litte heeeeennnnnnnnnnnn sound... that I don't think ANYONE could hear.
LOL. Hell if it pays 700 to replace the horns! IM CALLING Fidelity Monday!!!