PDA

View Full Version : Lexus LF-A prototype to race 24h nurburging

RXBG
April 21st, 2009, 20:10
http://jalopnik.com/5221343/lexus-lf+a-prototype-to-compete-in-24+hour-nurburgring-race-again

basically the cat is out of the bag. 4.8L N/A ~520-550 hp V10. likely different from prod version by weight saving body panels and lack of interior trim- a la R8 GT3.

when this car finally comes out i can't wait to see it go head to head with the R8 V10!!!!!!

Benman
April 21st, 2009, 20:39
when this car finally comes out i can't wait to see it go head to head with the R8 V10!!!!!!

BIG Ditto that!!! Big spender Toyota vs big spender Audi. May the best Audi win... err, I mean, may the best car win. :cheers:

Ben:addict:

RXBG
April 21st, 2009, 20:43
BIG Ditto that!!! Big spender Toyota vs big spender Audi. May the best Audi win... err, I mean, may the best car win. :cheers:

the r8 will win on torque, but the LF-A is rwd only (i am refferring to the prod cars of course)....

Benman
April 21st, 2009, 21:47
And I am reffering to wanting to see them on the track. V10 R8 GT3 vs the Toy... should be good stuff. :cheers:

tailpipe
April 22nd, 2009, 13:31
I am so over the LF-A supercar. If only Lexus would have the balls to launch it. If they don't get their act together soon the thing will be obsolete before it even gets to market. Basically, its set up was confirmed three years ago and it has been testing for even longer. Given the fact that most manufacturers are now opting for force-induction on V-8 engines, the LF-A's thirsty V-10 will be decidedly old hat. It was useless in last year's race and is likely to be to the R8 what the IS-F is to the M3: a pale imitation.