PDA

View Full Version : Key trick

AUDI5000CSTQ
April 21st, 2009, 04:51
Met with DWD, aka Greg yesterday for a realo' face to face. Got to see his car, similar to mine with solar sunroof but a very nice black/metal flake gray just like my 86 5000 CSTQ ( The RS6 flagship of the 80's). He had a neat trick. He would push the unlock button twice and the windows would roll down and visa verse with the lock button. Went home and tried several variations but to no avail, could not repeat this with my RS6. Can everyone do this? Am I the only one left out in the cold on this?:snow:

DuckWingDuck
April 21st, 2009, 05:03
press unlock twice, on the second time, keep it pressed. Unless a previous owner used vagcom to reprogram the function. Also, great to meet up yesterday, hopefully we'll see you at the awesome 5000 this weekend.

AUDI5000CSTQ
April 21st, 2009, 05:05
Hey Greg, Great meeting with you also, some laughs. Tried that, no work ;-(

hahnmgh63
April 21st, 2009, 05:09
This function is one of many Vag programmable. Lock windows roll up, un-lock windows roll down with or without sunroof opening. Instrument lights on always or only with the light switch. No with or without the horn beep when locking the car. There are a lot of cool Vagcom things you can do

gooseleg
April 21st, 2009, 14:59
go here (http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec.html) for the procedure

mmaturo
April 21st, 2009, 17:42
Hey Greg, Great meeting with you also, some laughs. Tried that, no work ;-(

Mine works (came to me this way but i don't think modded) by holding down the unlock continuously just once but it does take it a bit to recognize the signal. Puts down the 4 windows, does nothing with the sunroof. My last two Audis (TT and cabriolet) same thing.

AUDI5000CSTQ
April 21st, 2009, 18:11
Thank you gooseleg and mmaturo. Will give it a try.

DuckWingDuck
April 21st, 2009, 18:34
ya, the window up (with sunroof)/down (without sunroof) is the DEFAULT fob action for VW & Audi cars.

p3u
April 21st, 2009, 23:28
I just stepped outside and tried it, it works! Highlight of my day! :D