PDA

View Full Version : removing intercoolers, couple qustions.

p3u
April 19th, 2009, 18:40
Is it easy to remove the intercoolers on your own? How many hours would this take to do? I plan to clean them out, any advice on what to use and how to clean?

Also, my vehicle has the warm weather package, which I have been tol, and correct me if I'm wrong, has the RS6 plus oil coolers attached to the intercoolers. If this is the case how do you seperate the two, and does this complicate things quite a bit?

Thanks!

snoopra
April 19th, 2009, 22:18
They are extra radiator coolers connected by rivets. Not sure about exact removal, but it would be easier to pull the bumper off.

p3u
April 19th, 2009, 22:56
They are extra radiator coolers connected by rivets. Not sure about exact removal, but it would be easier to pull the bumper off.

If they are connected by rivets do I just drill them out then re-rivet to them with a basic rivet tool? Or is it more complicated then that?

Last time I riveted something was when i had my A4 and the window regulator had to be replaced.

snoopra
April 20th, 2009, 02:38
Yeah, basic rivet will work.

Spidercat
April 20th, 2009, 03:30
Didn't know that about the RS6+ auxilliary oil coolers. I had heard that a while back too, but I thought that it wasn't true? I only thought hot weather package was the solar sunroof, rear door shades, and rear window shade. Let me know if you find that your information is correct re:oil coolers.

p3u
April 20th, 2009, 04:15
So does anyone have a writeup on how to remove the intercoolers?

snoopra
April 20th, 2009, 04:29
Correction: they are water coolers, not oil coolers.

V8weight
April 20th, 2009, 04:29
I can fax you the info from Alldata, but it won't allow me to email it. Let me know if you want a print out, it shows step by step procedures. Looks like you have to drain the coolant and remove the front bumper and headlamps, otherwise it seems pretty straight forward.
EDIT: I guess I could scan it and email it to you.

p3u
April 20th, 2009, 04:35
That would be awsome!

Shoot me a PM and I'll give you the info. You rock!