PDA

View Full Version : The new BEAST

Ricoloco
April 13th, 2009, 22:17
Picked it up today, more pics later (sorry for the bad phone-pics). The interior is Audi Exclusive with the big leatherpackage. The paint is Suzuka Grey. Love it!

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii160/miffokongo/RS63.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii160/miffokongo/RS62.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii160/miffokongo/RS61.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii160/miffokongo/RS64.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii160/miffokongo/RS65.jpg

DuckWingDuck
April 13th, 2009, 22:28
beautiful!

Beastly
April 13th, 2009, 22:53
wow..awesome. It just looks fast...

spgprivate
April 13th, 2009, 22:59
There is no other car that can pull off this colour combo ! FAB

If I could ever afford a new one this would be my first and only choice ;)

mmaturo
April 13th, 2009, 23:12
NICE!! Audi please send this thing to the US....please.

Interior pictures are needed.

JavierNuvolari
April 13th, 2009, 23:18
Great looking car, congrats.

bilbozilla
April 13th, 2009, 23:27
Wow. That looks incredible. Congrats. I've been crying to AOA to bring the RS6 wagon over here.

GEN XER
April 14th, 2009, 02:56
I want to be stationed in Germany for this very reason. I would lease one of these for the whole time I was there.

SAF
April 14th, 2009, 05:54
That is one beautiful automobile.

The RS6
April 14th, 2009, 07:49
A masterpiece! Time to change your signature to something better :)

Michaël Barbé
April 14th, 2009, 07:51
You get it!

MB
:rs6kiss:

Ruergard
April 14th, 2009, 15:57
WOW! :bow:

Now that is something, color-combo is just fabolous!
More pictures of both exterior and interior would be very appreciated! :thumb:

Congratulations!

mdk
April 14th, 2009, 16:18
Nice car you've got :rs6kiss: with a very special color :heart:

Erik
April 14th, 2009, 16:29
Congratulations!

I haven't seen the interior yet, but all the rest is according to what would have been my choice as well. Two thumbs up, plus a hard on! :D

Copper
April 14th, 2009, 16:48
Very nice!

Congrats. Drive in good health.

QuattroFun
April 14th, 2009, 16:48
WOW - looks absolutely stunning! Congrats!

Fart
April 14th, 2009, 21:02
WoW!!!! Very nice!!!

Golffather
April 15th, 2009, 10:22
Stunning dude!
White is the new black..........but for how long?
I just wish the whole package was a little "meatier" ala C5.
Enjoy !

roadrunner
April 15th, 2009, 12:57
What a beauty :bow: :addict:

and suzuka + black optics + titanium wheels = perfect match :thumb:

Looks just stunning :applause:

Look forward to the interiour pics.

Rug
April 15th, 2009, 13:05
Awsome looking!

M5 Eater
April 15th, 2009, 20:58
Now that is a SEXY ride!!!!!!
If they do release it in the states... hello Dealer!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!

DHall1
April 16th, 2009, 01:30
US is toast for any new RS.

We did not even get the Avant C5 RS6

We did not get the new C6 RS6.

Were not getting the new TTRS

Were not getting crap.

Not happy

Now that is a SEXY ride!!!!!!
If they do release it in the states... hello Dealer!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!

vangelis
April 16th, 2009, 06:46

Were not getting crap.

Not happy

you can move here mate ,, & u will get ANY THING :lovl: ,I've seen some cars around here which I still have no idea which brand or even if that was a real car :)

kju
April 16th, 2009, 11:52

Were not getting crap.

Not happy

If you can afford a new c6 rs6 audi it should be no problem to buy it in europe and drive it to america...(or is that not possible??)

Freddesix
May 10th, 2009, 14:35
If you can afford a new c6 rs6 audi it should be no problem to buy it in europe and drive it to america...(or is that not possible??)

No, there's an ocean in between so driving it will be more then difficult :hihi:

To be serious, when a car is sold at both markets there is EU-spec and US-spec. Between those there are differences to make the car roadlegal and suited for the US market. In this case it's far more complicated since Audi has chose not to type the car in for the US market. That leaves you pretty much on your own. I doubt one can import a EU spec and get it road legal when the model is not sold in US. Maybe possible in some way, but I doubt it. If possible you bet it's very expensive. I bet someone can fill in on this topic.

Ricoloco, it's about time you update us with some pics of the interiour! We're starving here after your initial statement about the setup in first post. Gör oss inte besvikna nu, vi har väntat länge nog :love:

Mr Balsen
May 10th, 2009, 15:01

Were not getting crap.

Not happy

You forgot in your list the first RS model, named the RS2 and the first two cars made by Quattro Gmbh: Audi S6 Plus and RS4...

Frederic

Ricoloco
May 10th, 2009, 21:43
No, there's an ocean in between so driving it will be more then difficult :hihi:

To be serious, when a car is sold at both markets there is EU-spec and US-spec. Between those there are differences to make the car roadlegal and suited for the US market. In this case it's far more complicated since Audi has chose not to type the car in for the US market. That leaves you pretty much on your own. I doubt one can import a EU spec and get it road legal when the model is not sold in US. Maybe possible in some way, but I doubt it. If possible you bet it's very expensive. I bet someone can fill in on this topic.

Ricoloco, it's about time you update us with some pics of the interiour! We're starving here after your initial statement about the setup in first post. Gör oss inte besvikna nu, vi har väntat länge nog :love:

Calm down...going to Germany in a couple of days, wisiting MTM....:mech:

BTW, was on GTBoard.com´s event this weekend, the RS6-R is a TRUE ROCKET....wait and see, in a Youtube-channel near you soon.

Freddesix
May 10th, 2009, 23:06
Calm down...going to Germany in a couple of days, wisiting MTM....:mech:

That's one descent reason :jlol:

BTW, was on GTBoard.com´s event this weekend, the RS6-R is a TRUE ROCKET....wait and see, in a Youtube-channel near you soon.

I've seen the clip but is waiting for other compeditors besides the GT2, which without surprise raped it pretty well. I'd like to see some numbers in seconds...maybe Mr. KTL has measurements on it?

Ricoloco
May 10th, 2009, 23:12
Remember, its not a stock GT2. It´s Mr Dahlbäcks toy....I asked him several times about the HP-number, he just answered 600+. What that means? Only Mr Dahlbäck and god knows.

Had a go with it against my LP560. It was NOT a walk in the park. That car rocks, feels like a Boeing 747 that is about to take off.

Freddesix
May 10th, 2009, 23:27
Remember, its not a stock GT2. It´s Mr Dahlbäcks toy....I asked him several times about the HP-number, he just answered 600+. What that means? Only Mr Dahlbäck and god knows.

With Mr. Träsko you never really know and that's a part of the game. But let's say 600hp plus tax and then the new stick, other rims etc. and the beast is suddenly turned into a monster. Must say I like how he (or shall we say first owner) speced out the car, that insane amount of carbon fiber must have cost like a VW Golf GTI. Impressive.

Had a go with it against my LP560. It was NOT a walk in the park. That car rocks, feels like a Boeing 747 that is about to take off.

There we got a more fair competition to the GT2, a sportscar that play in the same league. That's what I'm waiting for concerning the RS6 signed MTM, I need to watch it take on slightly tuned M5's and M6's, non-stage1-GT2 Porsches etc. to get a more realistic picture of how quick it really is. Probably the average zatzy-user is understating it at the moment. I think that opinion is to change when forthcoming clips will be announced...

Ricoloco
May 10th, 2009, 23:34
Yep, it´s stunningly fast. Hope they clocked it, but I don´t think they did.

Will do some dynos at MTM for sure, and then later get it clocked. The ower said it got 738 HP and almost 840 NM, the later figure is a lot more than MTM promised.

Need to move to Germany, not so many Autobahns up here....

Ricoloco
May 17th, 2009, 19:30
Home from my trip to MTM.

My god, the Beast has become a BEAST :MTM:! It is really insane, the pace from 200 to 250 and over is stunning.

Will do a proper writeup later, with the dynos and some pics.

Thank you MTM and all the kind staff down there!

Mr Balsen
May 17th, 2009, 19:47

My god, the Beast has become a BEAST :MTM:! It is really insane, the pace from 200 to 250 and over is stunning.

Good to read ! ! !

I can't wait your full report...

Frederic

Ricoloco
May 17th, 2009, 19:49
Good to read ! ! !

I can't wait your full report...

Frederic

Was it your old car I saw there (without engine)?!

Soooo cool!

Ruergard
May 17th, 2009, 20:29

I'm waiting for the report! :D

Congratulations, so... what do you need the lambo for? ;) :applause:

Mr Balsen
May 17th, 2009, 21:01
Was it your old car I saw there (without engine)?!

Soooo cool!

Correct !!!!
Thanks. But Roland Mayer S1 is much better....

Frederic

buzz
May 18th, 2009, 21:34

Hi Ricoloco,

Congratulations, please provide me with a contact at MTM Germany.

Buzz:addict:

Ricoloco
May 18th, 2009, 22:08
Buzz, you´ve got PM.

Ricoloco
May 26th, 2009, 19:40
Ok,

went down to MTM at the outskirts of Ingolstadt about two weeks ago. Was really pleased with my car before the tuning, great pace, really nice interior etc etc, my best daily driver so far, no question about it. It feels really solid, inside and out, and if it wasn´t for the color, Suzuka Grey, it would be a real sleeper...:bow:

It´s really hard to catch the color on photo, it changes color depending of the light. In the sun it´s white, in the shadow it´s more white-grey and even a little dash of blue. Really close, it´s more silver-white. It hasn´t the depth in the color as my balloon white LP560 but I really love it!

As I said, it´s really hard to catch the color on photo but I took some pics before I went to MTM. Remember, my skills with the camera is on a 5-year old boy-level.... The lambo is quite dirty on the pics but you´ll get the point.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii160/miffokongo/rs6k.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii160/miffokongo/rs6h.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii160/miffokongo/rs6i.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii160/miffokongo/rs6g.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii160/miffokongo/rs6j.jpg

So, the trip to Ingolstadt went quite fine, despite a speedingticket in Germany (100 euros, 135km/h @ 100km/h limit), got flashed several times but got cought just one time. I have probably had my luck for several months to come. The fee for the ticket was a bargain in Swedish measures, here my license would be revoked and the fee would be also be muliplied.

At MTM we started with doing a dyno before the tuning.
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii160/miffokongo/rs6f.jpg

If you want the numbers, I can PM you.

The staff showed me the shop and the garages, some quite interesting stuff they have going on there...:jlol:

I choose the 730hp kit, that includes exchange of the two ECUs, sportfilters and the exhaust system. I also choose the carbonfiber kit, including front lip and rear diffusor, both in CF. As I got the black optic-package I picked the single exhausttips in black. The front lip is a bit "deeper" than the stock in plastic and really suites the car, giving it a bit more aggresive look. The CF is high quality and fits the car perfect.

Took some pics at my sisters place after I came home from the trip and after a wash. These pics are taken with my phone, will get some heavy duty pics as soon as I can.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii160/miffokongo/rs6a.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii160/miffokongo/rs6b.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii160/miffokongo/rs6c.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii160/miffokongo/rs6d.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii160/miffokongo/rs6e.jpg

So, what about the upgrade? Well, the numbers from the second dyno after the upgrade are, so to speak, remarkable. A bit more than I expected.

The car is as easy as before to drive, both in the city and on the road. The power is immense, it´s always there and at kickdown it´s like driving in a tunnel....;) It´s a freakin train, feels like nothing can stop it, it just pulls and pulls and pulls, without any hesitation or signs of fatigue! Even at speeds over 300km/h the car gives you that feeling of someone pulling your shoulders towards the seat, really amazing. Wonder what the topspeed would be if the limiter was set free, instead of that 340km/h, and with other tyres.

The note from the exhaust is "meatier", at idle the sound is, as a friend stated, "like a big ferry". At full throttle it sounds like electric mixer at 47000 rpm, mounted with a megafone, combined with that 5-litre V10 engine. The sound at changing gear at full throttle, which is amazing already when the car is stock, is even louder. But the sound is not irritating at longer journeys. Down at MTM, I asked if I could get the export version with even more sound but as today, I´m really happy that I didn´t.

The biggest thing with the upgrade is, of course, the acceleration. From 130, engaging 3d gear, give full throttle, the change from my car before the upgrade is mile wide. And at 250 and doing the kickdown, I thought I was on candid camera first time I tried. The car IS as fast, or even faster, as a Lamborghini Superleggera from 50km/h to 200km/h. From 200km/h, I´m quite sure the Lambo doesn´t stand a chance. Time will tell...

Anyway, I´m more than happy with the car and I can really recommend the MTM-kit. The people at MTM are really nice and professional. If you want my contact I´ll be glad to help you out.

Ruergard
May 27th, 2009, 15:09
Great writeup!

Thanks for that, this shows Audis great work with this car. And then MTM's proffessional way on improving it! :hahahehe:

I've sent you an PM.

Chuangs4
May 27th, 2009, 15:16
Suzuka grey looks good on RS6 as well.

Love to see interior pics.....:addict:

minimad
May 27th, 2009, 15:36
Ricoloco, how about the ride, did MTM do something on that? I am aslo a MTMer :)

Ricoloco
May 27th, 2009, 17:44
Ricoloco, how about the ride, did MTM do something on that? I am aslo a MTMer :)

Hi,

no, did nothing with the suspension. Think it´s already perfect. Had a thought about lowering it but I don´t think it´s worth all the mess. And do I dare use spacers going over 300km/h?!

QuattroFun
May 27th, 2009, 17:57
Great write-up and awesome pair of cars. Enjoy your beasts!:0:

minimad
May 29th, 2009, 13:52
Hi,

no, did nothing with the suspension. Think it´s already perfect. Had a thought about lowering it but I don´t think it´s worth all the mess. And do I dare use spacers going over 300km/h?!

I don't like spacers, either, but I find Neez wheels which perfectly match RS6 (2003), I don't know they have new set of wheels for new RS6 or not, but Neez wheels are so light and strong, I am so happy about the wheels.
I replced my suspensions when DRC had failure. Hope the new DRC system can stand longer. But PSS9 really makes the heavy beast alive.

Congret! your beast is cool as hell.

seattle
May 29th, 2009, 19:17
Congrats. At the risk of sounding soft, I think that car is breathtaking!!!! Great pics even on the phone.

Michaël Barbé
May 29th, 2009, 22:02
I'm in love

MB
:rs6kiss:

buzz
June 2nd, 2009, 22:47
Congratulations again, got in touch with your contact at MTM, very professional and very nice, my upgrade will be performed by my Audi dealer once I receive the parts.

Thanks again and drive in good health.

Cheers,

Buzz :addict:

Thom_RS6
March 3rd, 2011, 08:37
nice rs6 mate ! :)