PDA

View Full Version : Sumitomo HTR ZIII's - feedback?

RS6-4dr911
April 12th, 2009, 16:10
Anyone tried these? (yes I STFA'd) Reviews on Tirerack from owner's of larger performance sedans look pretty good and at less than 1/2 the price of PS2's, pretty hard to overlook. Been happy with the PS2's for sure, but they're gone after less than 15k (which is average I guess).

In never track the car and rarely do I put it at 10/10ths in corners (waiting for DRC repair to do that). Priorities are grip, noise, wet grip and wear, in that order.

Yes they have the 99Y speed rating and yes they have the XL load rating. Anything else I'm overlooking?

DuckWingDuck
April 12th, 2009, 18:27
Richard has the Sumitomos on his S6 and he loves them. I've ridden in the S6 a few times and can testify to the ride comfort. I don't know about trying to push them to the edge though, not that you do...

Benman
April 13th, 2009, 18:32
No feedback but since they have they rating, I'd be willing to give them a try. :cheers:

Ben:addict:

DuckWingDuck
April 13th, 2009, 19:03
last I recall they seem to have a good rating on tirerack.

RS6-4dr911
April 24th, 2009, 23:27
Got the new shoes on. Can't testify yet to their ultimate grip but so far ride quality is slighty better and noise is nil. Even if the grip were only 90% of the PS2's I'd be happier with extra cash in my very thin wallet.